Preview Changes: R15 2021 vs Carlton (27/6 @ 4pm @ Marvel)

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, I was thinking this was not a game for the radio. I was reading on the Carlton board about (IIRC) a pass from Jones to Fogarty... Huh??

Liam and Chase Jones
Lachlan and Darcy Fogarty
Butts and Betts
Mackay and McKay
Lachie and Riley O'Brien
Now if Marc and Lachie Murphy were both playing...

(Curiously, the Adelaide list has at least one common surname with all other lists. When you have a Smith, Kelly, Murphy, Walker and Jones that's a fair chance.)

Yes, I was thinking this was not a game for the radio. I was reading on the Carlton board about (IIRC) a pass from Jones to Fogarty... Huh??

Liam and Chase Jones
Lachlan and Darcy Fogarty
Butts and Betts
Mackay and McKay
Lachie and Riley O'Brien
Now if Marc and Lachie Murphy were both playing...

(Curiously, the Adelaide list has at least one common surname with all other lists. When you have a Smith, Kelly, Murphy, Walker and Jones that's a fair chance.)

Must admit I struggle to comprehend when listening to radio. Cricket is the sport made for radio.

If anything exciting happens in AFL it takes 2 minutes before u realise what happened.

We win and we laugh at teague potentially getting sacked hahahahahahahaha.

We lose and we get better draft picks.

We win either way.

Gee I wonder why they can't announce the fixtures yet .......

Based on the current Covid situation in SA/WA/Vic/Qld and NSW the only games likely to be changed due to Covid are; Melbourne v GWS and Sydneyv West Coast.

It would not require a rocket scientist to work out when the other 7 games will be played and then if Covid Armageddon occurs then you make some adjustments as occurred for this weekend. Having no fixtures announced for the last 7 weeks is pathetic, imho.

Based on the current Covid situation in SA/WA/Vic/Qld and NSW the only games likely to be changed due to Covid are; Melbourne v GWS and Sydneyv West Coast.

It would not require a rocket scientist to work out when the other 7 games will be played and then if Covid Armageddon occurs then you make some adjustments as occurred for this weekend. Having no fixtures announced for the last 7 weeks is pathetic, imho.

Rocket scientists get a bad rap in such cases.

In all honestly, they are neither fixture afficionados, health experts, nor likely to be AFL fans.

Also, I'm interested to see Worrell in a few more games, and hopefully Pedlar can crack into the senior side for a couple of games at some point.

Yep, if we can "find" a few more players from the pool of Pedlar, Worrell, McAsey and a few others, it will be a bonus. Will also help with recruitment and list management if we have a few more bankable prospects pop up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm leaning towards that position now but:
--- there are still Serious selection issues (around eg Frampton/Himmelberg/Mackay/injured players) that make me wonder about his decisiveness/authority @ Selection, and
--- when teams, or individual players who are not usually stars kick a string of unanswered goals (eg Pies' Elliot), he is slow to respond. The Elliot mis-match with McPherson stuck out like the proverbials after only two contests with no apparent response from Nicks.
On the plus side, team spirit and Unity of purpose are high --- I wish our 2017 GF side had this mob's energy/blutbruderschaft and never-give-up attitude.
There's no selection issues.

There are just times when you, as a fan, disagree with the team that the coaches want.

That's your right as a fan to feel that way. But it's not an issue.

I felt stupidly dirty proposing Frampton/Himmelberg in, but the result will be them playing on a very clearly reserves standard defender and pushing Fogarty onto a Stocker type - who's 6 foot and 80 kilos. Or Docherty who can't defend. One way to limit that hyper aggressive defensive positioning is to force blokes like Docherty to be accountable. And it forces Williams/Saad to have to man McHenry/Berry - removes the Rowe/McAdam bailout option who won't hold them accountable.

Jones could have been Worrell. Or Sholl doesn't need to come in. Just feel like Sholl's a better player and has had the spell to rest up and don't want to drop Worrell after one game.
You're a fantastic poster, but I'm not sure going with a too tall forward line who can't hold the ball in will work against Carlton's defensive runners.

Also - Hamill or Worrall go before Jones, surely.

"A mismatch in the ruck sees O'Brien against O'Brien. O'Brien taps to Fogarty but the ball spills to Fogarty who kicks short to Fisher. Macasey spoils and Chayce gives chase. Butts shepherds Betts and McKay, leaving Mackay to get the ball. He kicks long to Walker who Runs into an open goal for the win."
Post of the year.

There's no selection issues.
1) There are just times when you, as a fan, disagree with the team that the coaches want.
2) That's your right as a fan to feel that way. But it's not an issue.
1) Actually, I respect this kind of logical clarity :thumbsu: :). You're right, and it's not just me who disagrees.
2) What would you call it then, when repeated Selection of underperforming, or injured players clearly contributes to losses?
If not an "issue", then what? A problem? A mistake?
There are teams whose Coaches drop even Senior players after one, at most two poor games. The Crows hang on to theirs like they are diamonds, which I think is counter-productive and affects negatively team morale and Game Day performance. OK, that might not be 'an issue' either, but dropping players after a really poor game (not an 'off-day', but reflecting poor effort or attitude, or breaking team rules, or in Frampton's case clear ineptitude) is a tough policy I support.
Produce, leave nothing on the field, or you don't play.

Selection this week is too easy.

Out - McPherson, Worrell
In - Brown, Sholl

Brown for McPherson is a straight swap. Sholl to play on the wing. We are so fortunate that Number 14 can slide back onto the HBF and leave a spot on the wing for Sholl.

Mr Versatility = Mr Run and Carry = Mad Dog. He can do it all 🙄.

I know we are all a bit Covid fatigued, but it is not over yet by a long stretch.
The Delta variant is particularly nasty in terms of its ability to spread. It is exactly what we all feared the original virus was going to be.

Meanwhile, watch the news carefully, because the new Delta + variant not only spreads incredibly quickly, but the current treatments and medications used for all other variants don't seem to be working. These are the treatments used in hospitals for the very worst and have saved thousands and thousands from dying. If that no longer works and this spreads much easier than before, then we could be in for an upheaval significantly worse than 2020.

This still has the potential to be a biblical level disaster.

So yeh, I'm ok with the AFL waiting it out and scheduling as needed.

"A mismatch in the ruck sees O'Brien against O'Brien. O'Brien taps to Fogarty but the ball spills to Fogarty who kicks short to Fisher. Macasey spoils and Chayce gives chase. Butts shepherds Betts and McKay, leaving Mackay to get the ball. He kicks long to Walker who Runs into an open goal for the win."
Well played sir! You win the interwebz today

I know we are all a bit Covid fatigued, but it is not over yet by a long stretch.
The Delta variant is particularly nasty in terms of its ability to spread. It is exactly what we all feared the original virus was going to be.

Meanwhile, watch the news carefully, because the new Delta + variant not only spreads incredibly quickly, but the current treatments and medications used for all other variants don't seem to be working. These are the treatments used in hospitals for the very worst and have saved thousands and thousands from dying. If that no longer works and this spreads much easier than before, then we could be in for an upheaval significantly worse than 2020.

This still has the potential to be a biblical level disaster.

So yeh, I'm ok with the AFL waiting it out and scheduling as needed.
It staggers me beyond belief that folk think that COVID is a) all over; or b) all over once everyone gets vaccinated. Given that quite a percentage of people are choosing not to get vaccinated and also given that vaccination doesn't guarantee you won't catch the virus, nor transmit it, this is a LONG way from over.

Rhallily mentioned in his presser about the role Fog is playing.

I wonder what role that is.
Fog talked about it after he resigned. He's trying to spend his time on the opposition teams main intercept defenders. With 3 goals in mind;

a) Watch where they run to learn how to get into better position to be around the ball, or
b) Beat them when they are zoning off and get scoring opportunities, or
b) Try and negate or at least impact their ability to take uncontested intercept mark's

I think its a perfect role for him at this stage of his development, and a role that i'm really glad the AFC is finally addressing as a modern day requirement in the forward line. Watching defenses take easy uncontested intercept marks is the height of infuriating to me

Back