Preview Changes: R15 2021 vs Carlton (27/6 @ 4pm @ Marvel)

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on next week's schedule being released why do we have another Saturday Arvo home game? It's the worst time slot for people who play sport themselves, constantly having to miss home games or miss your own game.

Just on next week's schedule being released why do we have another Saturday Arvo home game? It's the worst time slot for people who play sport themselves, constantly having to miss home games or miss your own game.
Because we finished bottom last year. We aren't going to be getting any favours with our timelsots this year

Because we finished bottom last year. We aren't going to be getting any favours with our timelsots this year
We've beaten Melbourne and Geelong at home, we've had 5 games that were decided by 12 or under points, we are playing Brisbane a team everyone loves watching at home, we deserve better than the s**t Saturday Arvo slot

We've beaten Melbourne and Geelong at home, we've had 5 games that were decided by 12 or under points, we are playing Brisbane a team everyone loves watching at home, we deserve better than the sh*t Saturday Arvo slot
Its the same timeslot that Port v Sydney had today, and they are both top 8 sides. A game with 2 non Victorian sides is never going to get a great timeslot unfortunately. I know how frustrating it is though to get the Saturday arvo games with so many people tied up with their own sport on.

How does that heat map speak to 'engine room' minutes? You know that the 'engine room' isn't just the bit of space around the centre circle? Bit more to it these days.

Mackay has been playing wing for nearly all his time on field. This is an exceedingly obvious fact.
Would have thought Mackay has been about 50/50 wing & HBF in different games.

We find a way to squeeze him in.

Worrell meanwhile has played 1 game.

Would have thought Mackay has been about 50/50 wing & HBF in different games.

We find a way to squeeze him in.

Worrell meanwhile has played 1 game.

He's been playing wing the last month or so. First he pushed Seed ahead of the ball and then Sholl. He started at half back/wing, but it didn't last long, he soon pushed others from the wing role. Gotta keep him in the 22 and that his his least worse role.

There will be 24 over there. One as sub and one emergency.

Suspect Hately as sub and Berg as emergency.
Murray and McPherson to SANFL today
SANFL side to be something like

F: Newchurch, Gollant, Baccanello

HF: Murphy, Frampton, B. Cook

C: Marini, Pedlar, Davis

HB: Murray, Borlase, Worrell

B: MCPherson, McAsey, B. Davis

R: Strachan, O’Connor, Boyle

INT: Hall, Clamp,Parnell, Latchford

Living in Melbourne it’s hard to know but that looks a great side. Why can’t we win? I’d back that side in! Good to see Murph back out and I can’t wait to see Pedlar step up.

Off to see us v the Blues tomorrow. Hoping the good side comes to play

The conclusion of all this math has a real Sex Panther vibe about it...

60% of the time, we win everytime!

I have no idea what a sex panther vibe is and I’m afraid what might pop up if I google that, but it’s presenting front and centre at pace and I like it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is kind of funny saying they are a good side when they sit 14th, below us on the ladder.

Then again they could easily win as we've shown a great ability in losing easily winnable games this season. Who knows which version of the young side will walk out. Perhaps the bye round has done us the world of good.

Talked to a bunch of Carlton supporters at the market today an they definitely don’t think they’re a good side. If anything the opposite. They lamented that they are a family club that give games to families like Silvagni (“who aren’t very good”) whilst hoping for professional success.

Pragmatism > Egotistical

The older non-blue boys hate on Carltons buying premiership ways of the past.

I’m just hoping the good Crows turn up tomorrow

We've beaten Melbourne and Geelong at home, we've had 5 games that were decided by 12 or under points, we are playing Brisbane a team everyone loves watching at home, we deserve better than the sh*t Saturday Arvo slot

Sadly, deserve’s got nothing to do with it

I have no idea what a sex panther vibe is and I’m afraid what might pop up if I google that, but it’s presenting front and centre at pace and I like it

it’s a reference to the movie “Anchorman”

Sadly, deserve’s got nothing to do with it

I'd understand if the fixture was set in stone at the start of the season but they decided when the games were being played yesterday, they know we aren't the worst side anymore. They know Adelaide at home delivers in Football quality.
Why does the Gold Coast v Richmond get the Thursday night slot? Why does Geelong v Essendon get the Friday night slot? Why does Hawthorn v Port get the Saturday night slot?

I'd understand if the fixture was set in stone at the start of the season but they decided when the games were being played yesterday, they know we aren't the worst side anymore. They know Adelaide at home delivers in Football quality.
Why does the Gold Coast v Richmond get the Thursday night slot? Why does Geelong v Essendon get the Friday night slot? Why does Hawthorn v Port get the Saturday night slot?

I’m deeply cynical - or realistic - so I’ll express that the decisions on who plays when are almost universally derived by ratings as they convert to $$$.

That the fixture is vaguely pre-set in the 6/6/6 system probably skews this a touch.

I guess the league’s argument would be

(I) you’re the reigning wooden spooners, don’t talk to us about quality
(ii) we rate high anyway so shut up, the non-squeaky wheel gets no grease

Seeing Saints smack Richmond is what I am scared will happen for the Blues. Media smackdowns have a galvanizing effect.
I dont care if we lose, but getting smacked is NOT productive.
Richmond played with "We've-got-this" hubris and were well below their best; the Saints got a couple good players back and won well.
What will have the best effect on this young group of Crows:
--- getting smacked?
--- a close loss?
--- a close win?
--- a big win?
Rather oddly perhaps, I'd say either of the first/last options will motivate them more ie either to work harder to improve (big loss), or work harder on the back of increased self-belief (big win).
I think a big loss would be a wake-up call that they are maybe not as good, not improved, as much as they might think.

I'll be looking for 4-quarter effort, pressure and the same kind of run they produced against the Saints in the second half. Tbh, I'm expecting a 5+ goal win. Carlton are utterly dispirited and uninspired (the Teague effect).

1) ... but we already are one of those clubs. We have a humiliatingly long premiership drought and all of the self gratifying about our culture did nothing to fix that.
2) Premierships are won by the players on the field.
1) Yes, we are; 23 long, long frustrating years, with at least another couple to boot.
2) It's more complicated than that. Players on the field win Flags on the day, on the back of good Coaching/recruitment/culture and stability. Richmond re-invented themselves all the way through their Admin. (kudos Peggy O'Neal) to Coaching (big change in attitude and behaviour by Dimma) to the players who've done the job 3 years out of 4.

2) like the tag line to this excellent movie
1) I wonder, deluded as they are, who they think they would pick up
1) If we wanted Pick #3 that badly, we'd offer them Himmelberg, but they'd want Fogarty, or even better (for them), Thilthorpe.
The latter is to be marked "NEVER Trade".
The Crows need someone who will be, or become an elite Mid. Will there be one for them in Picks 4-8?
2) the Gibbs and Brouch deals are the antithesis of " We go in, we get what we want, we come out", but Thilthorpe was a huge win.

Last edited:
1) We've beaten Melbourne and Geelong at home, we've had 5 games that were decided by 12 or under points, we are playing Brisbane a team everyone loves watching at home,
2) we deserve better than the sh*t Saturday Arvo slot
1) all true, but ...
2) they base their slots on viewing audiences in 2021, more than the 2020 Wooden Spoon, I reckon. Nationally, not a lot of non-Crows fans are watching them, is my guess.

Living in Melbourne it’s hard to know but that looks a great side. Why can’t we win? I’d back that side in! Good to see Murph back out and I can’t wait to see Pedlar step up.

Enjoy the game! (weird handle, btw --- how'd you come up with that? none of our blokes come across as orators :sneaky: :laughv1:)

We won yesterday. Port out of the 5 and we are only a game out now.

1624744878440.png

Back