Preview Changes: R15 2021 vs Carlton (27/6 @ 4pm @ Marvel)

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If Mackay cops a suspension, I reckon we’ll realistically see…
Out: Mackay (susp), McPherson (omit)
In: Brown, Sholl

If Mackay gets off, I reckon we’ll see…
Out: McPherson
In: Brown

Personally, I would do the following (fully aware it won’t happen):

Out: Mackay (if he doesn’t get suspended, he’s not actually going to be dropped but I just enjoy putting his name here)

McPherson (not even remotely AFL standard)

Kelly (don’t think he is likely to be involved in a future flag tilt and we need an extra KPD against H Mckay and co)

McAdam (Just doesn’t do any of the little things well)

In:
Brown (undeniable upgrade on McPherson in the same position)

Parnell (pretty obvious that we need an injection of elite kicking off half back, who cares if he’s raw? Give the kid a taste for a fortnight)

McAsey (stick him on McGovern while Butts and Doedee take the good talls)

Pedlar (McAdam isn’t providing enough, so may as well bring in the first rounder now that he’s got some continuity building - assuming he plays well in the SANFL)

B: Brown - Butts - Doedee
HB: Jones - McAsey - Hamill
C: Seedsman - Keays - Smith
HF: Berry - Walker - Schoenberg
F: McHenry - Thilthorpe - Fogarty
R: O’Brien - Laird - Sloane
Int: Pedlar, Rowe, Worrell, Parnell
Emg: Hately (sub), Sholl, Kelly, Murray

Note: I wouldn’t bring in Sholl against Carlton, only because I think he needs to regain form and confidence in the SANFL for a fortnight. His last 4 afl games were all awful. If he dominates at SANFL level like he should, he comes in straight after the Carlton game for one of Worrell, Parnell, Rowe or Hamill.

I like this, Brown for McPherson is a no brainer. I can’t warm to Rowe, he is missing for too long in the games, flashes in and out. F*+k you Stengle.

Like most small forwards.

This is the downside of being spoilt by someone like Betts for the years we did. It muddles up what is normal for small forwards. It is a position where average, or even good players are going to be flashing in and out when they get opportunities to do so.

OUT: McPherson
IN: Brown

thats all I think. Hately will start to get antsy but so what?

Sholl needs to come back in which is my only critique.

With Hately, we have another SANFL game before our next AFL one. If he repeats what he did against Sturt, he probably has a reason to be antsy. It's good though, we want him knocking that door down now.

Sholl needs to come back in which is my only critique.

With Hately, we have another SANFL game before our next AFL one. If he repeats what he did against Sturt, he probably has a reason to be antsy. It's good though, we want him knocking that door down now.
Crows have the bye in the SANFL as well.

His SANFL form has been good but which mid would come out for Hately? McPherson for Brown, Sholl for Mackay seem like the obvious ones. I don't expect Dmac will go unpunished even though he did nothing wrong. This league is so ****ed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering Sholl got 3 Brownlow votes v Carlton last year, it makes sense to get him back into form against them.

MacKay for Sholl
Was that the game where Carlton lost at home to the wooden spooners when a win would have put them into the eight?

I absolutely love Scholl, but he deserved to be dropped for his own good. Not sure how you can bring him back in without him showing something in the SANFL. It’s not a punishment, it’s an opportunity. I don’t think he magically finds form. He needs to find it in the 2s.

Scholl needs a run in the seconds or maybe he just needs a 2 week recharge, it's either Scholl or Hately for Mackay, if it's Hately you would shift Hamill to wing

Macpherson needs to go back to the 2nds though. I would go with Ben Davis as replacement after his SANFL form. No worse in defending but quicker and cleaner

I wouldn't waste our/his time.
Thats the point though, you wouldn't be wasting time, you would be gaining it. Not from us or Davis though, but from the younger / higher ceiling kid who gets to play a full game instead of healthily watching it from the sideline.

And at this point in their career, that kids time on the park is more important than Davis's on the sideline.

Last edited:
Was that the game where Carlton lost at home to the wooden spooners when a win would have put them into the eight?
We absolutely embarressed them and suck s**t to em.. but it wasnt at their home ground, it was at metricon GC if I recall correctly.. neutral venue.

still no excuse for them though.

Back