Preview Changes: R15 2021 vs Carlton (27/6 @ 4pm @ Marvel)

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
Geez, I got drunk much earlier than thought last fortnight. It's this simple, we don't tank. We've not once chosen a future benefit ahead of attempting to win 4 points this weekend. Not this year, not last year. And the continual reference to the exceptions and not the rule in Carlton and Melbourne, is the most simplistic form of reasoning. The argument is that if we selected Hamill or Sholl ahead of Mackay then we'd be in line for a decade and more at the bottom. It's pure rubbish, propagated by morons.

So you think that right now, because Mackay is in the 22, our entire selection policy is ALL about winning the 4 points and NOTHING about future benefit? Talk about simplistic rubbish

Apsaalooke

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Ozark Mountain Daredevils
1) Yes, we are; 23 long, long frustrating years, with at least another couple to boot.
2) It's more complicated than that. Players on the field win Flags on the day, on the back of good Coaching/recruitment/culture and stability. Richmond re-invented themselves all the way through their Admin. (kudos Peggy O'Neal) to Coaching (big change in attitude and behaviour by Dimma) to the players who've done the job 3 years out of 4.
3) Dustin Martin - a once in a generation player. If he was in our side and not Richmonds we would have won that flag in 17

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
3) Dustin Martin - a once in a generation player. If he was in our side and not Richmonds we would have won that flag in 17
Yes. Add McGovern (hammy) and Smithers (ACL) and we win by plenty.
Just imagine if Pyke had done a Blighty and rotated (back-pocket) Laird through the middle, with Jenkins and Smith alternating back and forward, ha!
I know, I'm dreamin' ...

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
GAME DAY biiiiatches!!

One match-up I'm keen to see is Butts on McKay - last time we met the big butt hand his hands full, both have improved since then ... wonder if the Coleman leader can be kept under 5 goals?

Also looking to see Sholl back into it, loves a game against the blues does our doctor :)

Always an eye on McAdam - see if he tries for 4 quarters or gets lazy early.

Wanna see Rowe compete harder.

Maybe a bag from Fog?

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sheesh this week has been a never ending Blues Blowtorch

Are we going to get absolutely torched by the umpires with a baying crowd and a fairytale Blues revival in the offing?

Will Carlton play out of it's skin to silence the critics, get every bounce of the ball and 50/50 free?

Will Crows be intimidated by the run-on Carlton will get rolling from the nothing-to-lose attitude and the leg up of all the s**t that's going down, and miss from 25 out, hit the post, fumble, bomb to the opposition at every opportunity, handball to ROB's feet, hack kick OOF deep in defence....?

Yes
Yes
Yes

I sees it now!

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
I want a proper game day thread. This half heartedness is the sort of bullshit that got us spoon last year. We deserve more!!! Lift!!!

Drugs Are Bad Mackay? CrowinNT Deaneus! the other one
Ask and ye shall receive

maxlilly

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
over here
AFL Club
Adelaide
We beat them last year when we were poo
We have improved and they have gone backwards
They'll put in some effort for a half and then put up the white flag like they have all season.
Our 1 year rebuild is in front of their 20 year rebuild
An easy win coming up :)

Just imagine if Pyke had done a Blighty and rotated (back-pocket) Laird through the middle, with Jenkins and Smith alternating back and forward, ha!
I know, I'm dreamin' ...

And ditched the power stance.

The stance was the right thing to do in the previous two games. But GF day is different. That's when you all have to come together.

Back