Preview Changes: R15 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

ROB rested for 13 minutes last game, 3 minutes a qtr, do we really need another ruck?
Warning: Very controversial opinion ahead.

Hartigan to pinch hit in ruck while ROB has short stints on the bench.
He's fit as hell, we have surplas of tall backs to cover his player when he moves forward, he's tall and strong enough to bring the ball to ground without them getting it 100% of the time, he's smart enough not to get injured doing it, he'd only have to do it for a few minutes a quarter.
Keath I'd be worried about injuring himself/getting outbodied...

Do we need another F/ward come R/man to cover Jenkins
I think they might ask Obrien to Ruck the whole game and use Walker Greenwood to pinch hit in the F/Lines
Are these players under a cloud Kelly(leg),Talia(leg).is Lynch ready
People saying Murphy needs a rest ????? how much energy did he use Thursday night ZILCH
Give him his M/Guard he will be ok
Probable players to choose from Gibbs,Davis,Knight,Lynch,Jones
Probable players out;Jenkins(inj) Douglas(omitted)
I would go Lynch and Davis in

So we will play him as a full time forward and watch him beat up some average SANFL defenders and then think that’s good enough to replicate it at AFL level when he’s never shown it in his whole career.

It would be a dumb move and reek of getting Jacobs to 200 games.
If we were stupid enough to bring in sauce then maybe we try and justify by dropping,say, Douglas and bring in Stengle and try and argue that we are maintaining forward firepower. It would be dumb but do you think we would entertain something like that?

Is this like the bring back JJ while out of form for his rucking prowess against Port prediction? You’ve now managed to create a delusion that Sauce is a viable forward. Based on what, purely his height?
As usaul, you fail to read the full conversation and cherry pick, and even then you get it wrong, purely on height was not mentioned Ruck ability was. And you forgot the part about needing to score goals in the Norwood game, or Himmelberg playing well. part of that conversation. ie Form in the next game by both of them. JJ did not follow up his good game against the dogs and played a shitter against Norwood remember.

But that was then this is now, Jacobs is a viable option to replace JJ, so is Himmelberg who most likely, we also have Fogarty and even Otten which is less likely or nil chance.
So don't be surprised if it Jacobs gets up or is closer than you think to a recall.
And do we rule it out because a few on BF think it rubbish?, Or a non-call. I always thought BF was about different opinions, open for discussions.

As usaul, you fail to read the full conversation and cherry pick, and even then you get it wrong, purely on height was not mentioned Ruck ability was. And you forgot the part about needing to score goals in the Norwood game, or Himmelberg playing well. part of that conversation. ie Form in the next game by both of them. JJ did not follow up his good game against the dogs and played a ****ter against Norwood remember.

But that was then this is now, Jacobs is a viable option to replace JJ, so is Himmelberg who most likely, we also have Fogarty and even Otten which is less likely or nil chance.
So don't be surprised if it Jacobs gets up or is closer than you think to a recall.
And do we rule it out because a few on BF think it rubbish?, Or a non-call. I always thought BF was about different opinions, open for discussions.

We don’t need any help in the ruck, JJ is injured, not ROB. We need a replacement key forward, Sauce is not one of those, he’s a lumbering dinosaur ruckman. Why would you want a hopeless forward to replace JJ? Oh that’s right, because he can ruck. Why don’t we just drop a midfielder to get Sauce in? It’s just as stupid an idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give a figure on the likelihood of Himmelberg v Jacobs for that spot

I say
Himmelberg = 90%
Jacobs = 10%

Or its based on Pykes own words '' we go in with one ruck ''

ROB rested for 13 minutes last game, 3 minutes a qtr, do we really need another ruck?

We need another key forward and it is much easier to have a key forward ruck then another position to do so.

Not only that, but every other option truly sucks as a ruck option. Either sacrificing a midfield piece or putting pressure on a defensive unit which is a big part of the reason we find ourselves 5th.

We don’t need any help in the ruck, JJ is injured, not ROB. We need a replacement key forward, Sauce is not one of those, he’s a lumbering dinosaur ruckman. Why would you want a hopeless forward to replace JJ? Oh that’s right, because he can ruck. Why don’t we just drop a midfielder to get Sauce in? It’s just as stupid an idea.

If Himmelberg put the question to rest on SAT I would have partly agreed but he did not. He did not play good enough to remove Jacobs from the equation. and in 2 of the 3 games Jacobs has played in the SANFL when resting in the Forward line he Kicked Goals and took contested marks.
And if you bother to read what I have said, I don't want Jacobs to replace JJ, I have mentioned my preference is Himmelberg, But I will not rule out Jacobs because I favour another player for the position. I would expect a decent conversation about who should and will replace JJ. That should be the min we expect from the selection committee.
So Don't be surprised if Jacobs gets a Call.

Was still an emergency though. Reckon he might have said that to take a bit of heat out the reporting. Surely if he performs as desired he’ll be up for selection.
There are other factors at play.

Think he will only play if we lost key players to injury.

But do we just go for the pure best forward then? Is EH that?

You go with the key forward who can ruck. This kiss methodology. Minimise the potential damage in that 10-15% game time and having someone like Himmelberg in a key forward role isn't a bad option as he'll at least compete in the air.

I definitely do not want Fogarty rucking either.

Give a figure on the likelihood of Himmelberg v Jacobs for that spot

I say
Himmelberg = 90%
Jacobs = 10%

Or its based on Pykes own words '' we go in with one ruck ''
Himmelberg 60% Jacobs 40%
And Pyke also tweak our game this year aswell,

We need another key forward and it is much easier to have a key forward ruck then another position to do so.

Not only that, but every other option truly sucks as a ruck option. Either sacrificing a midfield piece or putting pressure on a defensive unit which is a big part of the reason we find ourselves 5th.

In the Last 3 Game that both Himmelberg and Jacob has played in the SANFL, both Have kicked Goals, when playing in the forward line.
Jacob had that 5 (north), 0 (West) and 1 (Centrals). Himmelberg 2 (North) 1 (West) and 2 (Central).
The question should be can Jacobs play the Key tall Forward role. I believe he Can fill in and do a reasonable Job kick a couple of Goals,
Again as I seem to have to mention it a few time My first preference in Himmelberg, but that does mean I will put a line thru others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back