Preview Changes: R15 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Subtle hint Bryce thinks he's ready for the call up?

About to be a new father will no doubt give him that extra "spring" in his legs. :thumbsu:

Why Bryce Gibbs has got a ‘spring in his step’

Adelaide midfielder Bryce Gibbs is embracing the challenge of earning a spot back in the Crows’ AFL side.

Speaking on a Melbourne radio station, Gibbs said he had lost no love for the game despite an up and down season.

“I’ve got a spring in my step,” Gibbs said.

“The early days I was flat and disappointed (after being dropped), I wanted to be playing.

“But as I got over that, I looked forward to coming back to the SANFL and working with the young guys… they give you a bit of a kick.”

Gibbs gave a special mention to Adelaide’s State League coach Heath Younie for helping him welcome the challenge.

“(Younie) creates such a great environment at SANFL level,” he said.

“Whether you're a young kid trying to find your way to the AFL or a senior guy coming back, he fills you with a lot of confidence.

“That’s been evident in how our SANFL team is going, we’re sitting equal top of the ladder.”

During the bye, Gibbs and his pregnant wife Lauren announced via a gender reveal party that their upcoming baby would be a girl.

Add in a positive mid-season review with the coaches and Gibbs has every reason to be excited for the second half of 2019.

“Before we went away, we all had our reviews,” he said.

“Mine was really positive, all the coaching staff are happy with my form in the SANFL, my training standards and my attitude.

“It gave me a lot of confidence to know I’m not too far away.

“If it’s not this week, maybe in the next couple of weeks.”

Milera in doubt with a back complaint, obviously what was tested prior to the Richmond game. It makes the hysterical calls on him look a bit silly.
Thought this would interest you.

Don Pyke talks ruckman, an additional bye round and Chris Hemsworth

Regarding his ruck options, Pyke said Sam Jacobs was performing well in the SANFL but understood the competition for the AFL spot.

“Sauce is going really well,” Pyke said.

“His last two weeks have been really good, but he understands he’s competing for one spot and the guy in there is playing well.

“He’s loving his footy, he’s playing well at SANFL level and we know what he’s capable of.

“It’s nice to have a position with two ruckmen in really good form and it’s not hurting Rob to have Sauce just there breathing on his shoulder.”

So we can put it to bed that Jacobs was ever considered to replace Jenkins,

Pyke “Sam knows he’s fighting for ONE spot”

ad victoriam case closed?
Cannot help yourself can you, And you still don't get it. And from a person who has hinted on Golden passes for others,
I am Happy they are going for Himmelberg, Which I have been forced to mention several times because I expect comments like this.
But I do Hope they at least discussed all the options and not just one player replacing JJ.
Question would you be happy if they did not even look at Jacobs, Fogarty or another option.

Lynch struggles to play well first up after an injury layoff; the idea of him returning with a dicey calf down at Cat Park gives me visions of a dozen turnover kicks from the wing to inside the centre square. More math sim at training Chief and you can play v Port.

Out: Jenkins, Douglas
In: Himmelberg, Jones.
Huh? He was BOG only a couple of seasons ago against Melbourne after a few weeks out.

Cannot help yourself can you, And you still don't get it. And from a person who has hinted on Golden passes for others,
I am Happy they are going for Himmelberg, Which I have been forced to mention several times because I expect comments like this.
But I do Hope they at least discussed all the options and not just one player replacing JJ.
Question would you be happy if they did not even look at Jacobs, Fogarty or another option.

If our coaching staff are even thinking of this let alone discussing the option of Sauce playing Jenkins role we have the wrong people at the club.

Discussing resonable options of a replacement is one thing. Discussing an option that will make us worse for a number of reasons is pure unadulterated stupidity.

You need to stop trying to make a case for an idiotic option.

But it sounds as if they didnt. Which most of us that butted heads with you had suggested

I’d love em to go Stengle and Fog in
Douglas and JJ out

Fog would bring a strong contest and Stengle Will crumb the goals.

We need another avenue to goal and both provide that. Keath can pinch hit in Rick when Rob needs a rest

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Huh? He was BOG only a couple of seasons ago against Melbourne after a few weeks out.

Don’t give me facts and evidence. His turnovers seems worse in my mind when he’s returning from injury. His overall output certainly seems to improve when he has a couple of games under his belt - this year is one example.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get it alright, Jacobs was never a chance to replace Jenkins and was not in the discussion. You continued to claim he was, you could have just admitted you were wrong and let it go.

I’m happy for them to discuss all viable options, the thing is Jacobs never was.

Milera in doubt with a back complaint, obviously what was tested prior to the Richmond game. It makes the hysterical calls on him look a bit silly.
If he can't play near full capacity we should be using our depth instead.

I get it alright, Jacobs was never a chance to replace Jenkins and was not in the discussion. You continued to claim he was, you could have just admitted you were wrong and let it go.

I’m happy for them to discuss all viable options, the thing is Jacobs never was.
The only option was whether we brought in EH or go smaller. Given Lynch's injury, EH is a given as we would be too small without both of them.

We've won 7 out of our last 9.
Geelong 8 out of their last nine

They beat
Gold Coast
Essendon
Bulldogs
Hawthorn.
Sydney
North
Richmond

And West Coast

They're not flying like people think they are. Swans burnt the ball, gold Coast pushed them. Port slaughtered them.

We've beat
Freo
Gws
Port
Richmond
Melb away
St kilda away
Gold coast

1 point loss away to brisbane and lay down in the last against West Coast, who were in much better form than when geelong beat them.

I'd say we're much more accumplished over the last nine games.

Yeah and with elite tagger Matt Crouch in the mix to do a shut down job like he always does, how could we lose really?

You’re either a troll or you’ve had a lobotomy.

Out: Douglas, Jenkins
In: Gibbs, Himmelburg

Brown Hartigan Keath
Laird Talia Kelly
Smith Crouch Seedsman
ROB Crouch Sloane
Gibbs Walker Greenwood
Betts Himmelburg Murphy
Galluci Milera Atkins CEY

Em: Mackay, Jacobs, Jones

In the mix: Davis, Fogarty, Knight, Poholke, Douglas

Inj: Jenkins, Lynch

Hopefully Lynch back in for the showdown and Jenkins within 2-3 weeks. Like to see Jones push for Murphy’s spot in the side.

Count me as one who would be thrilled if they didn’t even look at Sauce to play as a KPF. I’d rather play an extra mid for running power and make do with whatever as our 4 minute per quarter second ruck. Sauce is a completely hopeless KPAnything and would be a 100% liability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back