Preview Changes: R15 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we trying to break the AFL record for a team with the most rookies and lowly rated draft picks?

Draft picks at 40+; Sloane - 44, Himmelberg - 51, Davis - 75, Walker - 75, Seedsman - 76, Atkins - 81.
Pre-season draft - Eddie Betts.
Rookie Draft - Laird, Hartigan, Kelly, Keath, O’Brien, Greenwood and Murphy.

We just need to bring back CEY and Jenkins for Douglas and Gibbs and we will be ready to take on GWS and their 15 first round draft picks.
I blame Hamish

He’s pretty much the only domino to fall. Would have been very easy for them to bring back Dmac in a very important game. If Geelong krud the bed and we somehow win, it’ll set our season right up. The rubbish in here about conceding is absolute stupidity. They’ve selected the team they reckon gives them the best chances of bringing home 4 points.
Geelong are very much beatable. We need to bring the game we brought against Freo to do it.

Which could be easier to do at their weird shaped ground.

Years gone by we have last to them.doen there due.to poor forward movement and their loose backs mopping it up. This is where I think we may struggle again tonight.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Geelong are very much beatable. We need to bring the game we brought against Freo to do it.

Years gone by we have last to them.doen there due.to poor forward movement and their loose backs mopping it up. This is where I think we may struggle again tonight.

Port showed us a blueprint of how to win against the 2019 Geelong team. I hope Pyke was at the game to see the tactics Ken employed to win .

They played tough contested man on man footy with dirty ball entries into their forward line.

If we didnt have a spare mouth guard. Yes. Especially given the game is at our home ground.

I would expect the medical staff to carry almost everything that a footballer may need to use during a game.

Do you not think this is nreasonable?

Well seeing as the mouthgaurds they use are specially moulded for the individual, I'd say it's unprofessional/stupid of Murphy for not having multiple mouthgaurds, one of which he keeps in his locker at AO.

Don't think the club is to blame here.

Well seeing as the mouthgaurds they use are specially moulded for the individual, I'd say it's unprofessional/stupid of Murphy for not having multiple mouthgaurds, one of which he keeps in his locker at AO.

Don't think the club is to blame here.

Im not downplaying Murphy's role here in this, but admittedly he is still inexperienced.

You can also purchase mouthguards from Sports Stores that can take less than 10minutes to set up as an emergency.

Its not so much blaming the Club as to the fact that the Club should also have backups of all sorts of sports equipment players may use. In fact I would be surprised if they didnt already.

In any case it happened and I think everyone can learn from this experience.

If we didnt have a spare mouth guard. Yes. Especially given the game is at our home ground.

I would expect the medical staff to carry almost everything that a footballer may need to use during a game.

Do you not think this is nreasonable?

Im not sure it makes the club unprofessional (Unless most other clubs do and we dont which I think is unlikely). However, I wonder if since it has been something to occur if the club may routinely now have players have 2 made (cant add that much cost as its just doubling up on the manufacturing not the moulding etc) and keep 1 at the club / in the medical kit.

Im not sure it makes the club unprofessional (Unless most other clubs do and we dont which I think is unlikely). However, I wonder if since it has been something to occur if the club may routinely now have players have 2 made (cant add that much cost as its just doubling up on the manufacturing not the moulding etc) and keep 1 at the club / in the medical kit.
I reckon most players get their mouthguards for free anyway. Have seen plenty of players plugging them on insta

With our more defensive game plan this year, I think it will be easier to defend on spud park.
And with our contested ball being quite good, I think we will give the Cats a good run for their money.
I wouldn't be surprised if we win tonight
Lets hope our ball movement forward is up to it.

Yes I believe this to be the case but what was the rumour as to why Gibbs was only playing ‘away’ games...or only ‘home’ games. Because I’ve sure as hell watched him play both.
There was a BS rumour that he owed money to the bikies... but he has been back to Melbourne many times... so people haven't been very observant.

Well I care about percentage, and I’m sure the club does too, so I do care if we lose by 15 goals.
Yep , this season especially percentage could be the difference between a home final or even making the 8 if we drop a game or 2 we should not in the run home .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our defence will likely be the best and hardest to score against the cats have played against recently. Although its pretty hard for opposition teams to play well on their crap ground. Feel Don will go with Berg unless he feels his form is not up to par. The only other option I can see is that he will play Greenwood at Full forward along with Walker,Lynch, Betts, Gallucci, Murphy/Stengle. Hartigan to chop out in the ruck. Feel he will likely play Berg.
Read a stat yesterday that Geelong have the best inside 50 to goals against ratio in the league. We're second best. So it'll be decided by whose defense can hold up the best, but our back 6 will have a big impact on us winning since Geelong are the best in the league at turning forward half turnovers into goals. I'm guessing why that's why they spend so much time at training on their ball movement on the Geelong stadium dimensions.

Absolutely.

But I was realistic going into the season (if you remember). I believe my prediction was 12-15 for him in 2019. Currently on 10. Wouldn't be surprised if he came in over the next 2 weeks.
Yes you were realistic, you said a best 22 player would have to sneak in which he did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back