Preview Changes: R15 vs Hawthorn (Tues Sept 1, AO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Hamill likely to be available?

McHenry for McAdam (Hasstring)
Talia for Kelly
Wouldn't mind bringing in either Worrell or Gollant for Crocker.

At the Chairman’s lunch today, amongst other comments around list management, he said and I quote ‘we have had 9 debutants so far and there will be another 3 before seasons end’.

Given Taylor is out injured for the season, I take that to mean Worrell, Gollant and O’Connor will all get a game soon, perhaps one next week?? (I don’t think I am missing anyone??).

That’s of course assuming our esteemed leader wouldn’t lie........

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

At the Chairman’s lunch today, amongst other comments around list management, he said and I quote ‘we have had 9 debutants so far and there will be another 3 before seasons end’.

Given Taylor is out injured for the season, I take that to mean Worrell, Gollant and O’Connor will all get a game soon, perhaps one next week?? (I don’t think I am missing anyone??).

I would be absolutely ecstatic if Gollant got one game. Monumental effort to get there from how far back he was.

Worrell and O'Connor would have to be extremely likely to play a game or two. Pretty shocked about a third though. If that is indeed true then it must be Gollant as the extra, which I did not expect.

I would ike to see Milera,Bcrouch,Walker,Lynch, put in cotton wool for next Season
And play Worrell,and Oconnor
So Outs..Walker,Poholke,Crocker,Kelly,
Ins..McHenry,Worrell,Oconnor,Talia
Butts,Tala,Brown
Hamil,Hartigan,Scholl
Sloane,Mcrouch,Keays
Obrien,Schoee,Laird
Worrell,Fogarty,Murphy
Stengle,E.H.McAdam
Oconor,Makay,Jones,McHenry(Davis if McAdam inj)

Don't know how anyone can not have Walker in the outs. If people think 3 touches from an experienced player and our key forward is acceptable they don't know football. If he isn't dropped our club is officially as cooked as Walker.
Out:
Poholke (never to be seen again )
Kelly ( likewise)
Walker (give him a coaching role but don't be that club adelaide)
McAdam? May be injured.
Brown (not good enough all year. 5 touches. Terrible.)
Jones. Play O'Connor. Play anyone but not him.
Crocker. Amateur league player.

In:
McAsey
Worrell
Davis
O'Connor
Hamill
BCrouch?
Seedsman

Last edited:
I would be hesistant to change up too much from that side, unless enforced. We've had a lot of changes recently, and if we brought that defensive game against the Hawks, we'll win comfortably.

So, for me I reckon:

In: McHenry, Talia, Hamill (if ok, though I wouldn't be opposed with calling it this year with the amount of concussions he's had).
Out: Crocker, Kelly, Poholke.

Last edited:
Don't know how anyone can not have Walker on the outs. If people think 3 touches from an experienced player and our key forward is acceptable they don't know football. If he isn't dropped our club is officially as cooked as Walker.
Out:
Poholke (never to be seen again )
Kelly ( likewise)
Walker (give him a coaching role but don't be that club adelaide)
McAdam? May be injured.
Brown (not good enough all year. 5 touches. Terrible.)
Jones. Play O'Connor. Play anyone but not him.
Crocker. Amateur league player.

In:
McAsey
Worrell
Davis
O'Connor
Hamill
BCrouch?
Seedsman
Agree with most, but still think Jones has something

Why are people saying Brad is gone, He has come out point-blank saying he wants to stay, So why is everyone saying he's gone now?

Why are people saying Brad is gone, He has come out point-blank saying he wants to stay, So why is everyone saying he's gone now?

Odds are Brad is gone, even if he wants to stay. After all, if we even get a sniff of band 1 compensation, we are not resigning Brad.

Odds are Brad is gone, even if he wants to stay. After all, if we even get a sniff of band 1 compensation, we are not resigning Brad.

Honestly I'm not sure we can afford for him to go, If he goes Matt does, then look at our midfield we will have utterly no one.

Honestly I'm not sure we can afford for him to go, If he goes Matt does, then look at our midfield we will have utterly no one.

If it is adjudicated as pick 20, I'd agree with you. We can't afford to let Brad go. When pick 2 is on the table, you can't afford to keep Brad. As much as draft picks should not be trusted, it does offer a big opportunity to add young high end talent to the side.

Brad has done well this season mind you and would be a big loss.

I'd be inclined to argue that regardless what we do with Brad, we should be looking at moving Matt on right now, if not at the end of 2021. Just has regressed into a nothing player and that's a rather big (and at the time, deserved) contract for someone to be a nothing player. Especially as he's very limited as well. Been the biggest problems this midfield has, alongside Sloane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it is adjudicated as pick 20, I'd agree with you. We can't afford to let Brad go. When pick 2 is on the table, you can't afford to keep Brad. As much as draft picks should not be trusted, it does offer a big opportunity to add young high end talent to the side.

I'd be inclined to argue that regardless what we do with Brad, we should be looking at moving Matt on right now, if not at the end of 2021. Just has regressed into a nothing player and that's a rather big (and at the time, deserved) contract for someone to be a nothing player. Especially as he's very limited as well. Been the biggest problems this midfield has, alongside Sloane.

We would have no midfield at all though if brad and matt goes, Like Keays and Laird that's it.

Disagree to a degree. I feel if Brad goes Matt is his own man and will be here next year. Has a contract and would be in his best interests to set himself for a very big year and potentially nice payday at free agency. If Matt leaves it will be next year. Next year we will have Matt, Laird, Schoenberg, Keays, O'Connor, likely 3 top 10 picks which 2 will be used on the best mids in the land, plus any mids we trade in. Add in Horne next year and we will have a cracking midfield in 2 to 3 years.

Matt’s last 3 weeks and especially today absolutely have value to this side moving forward. He seems to have really put his best foot forward since getting blasted in the media a month ago for stat padding. Only had 22 today, but was a lot more positive and damaging with his disposals and obviously was a beast with 14 tackles. Given that Matt is still contracted, an absolute no brainer to move Brad on if he can net us pick 2 and use Matt and Laird as our senior mids moving forward. Move Sloane to a wing or permanent forward flank in a role similar to what Lynch does now.

We would have no midfield at all though if brad and matt goes, Like Keays and Laird that's it.

That probably isn't a bad thing. Our midfield is in desperate need for new ideas, and a general overhaul. Especially as both Brad and Matt have not hit the heights they were expected too (outside of two years from Matt).

It does need a new fitness, and midfield coaches and clearing the way even further for players like Schoey, Jones, McHenry, O'Connor, whoever we draft in 2020 etc to fight over more minutes in a better structured midfield is not the worst thing we could do right now.

2021 is going to be painful regardless what we do here. We're too far behind the pack for this year to be an aberration.

And go winless again next year? as our entire mid will be kids
Not necessarily. Doedee is one player that could run through the midfield. Milera needs to step up or step out as well. Gallucci may have one last chance. Can Fog get fit and run through there as well? Also your presuming we don't trade in an experienced mid.

I have the feeling the club is going to push him out and we're content with getting end of first-round compo. I have no evidence to back this up. But we're rebuilding and he is injury prone and has value on the open market, to a degree it's forced our hand.

Matt’s last 3 weeks and especially today absolutely have value to this side moving forward. He seems to have really put his best foot forward since getting blasted in the media a month ago for stat padding. Only had 22 today, but was a lot more positive and damaging with his disposals and obviously was a beast with 14 tackles. Given that Matt is still contracted, an absolute no brainer to move Brad on if he can net us pick 2 and use Matt and Laird as our senior mids moving forward. Move Sloane to a wing or permanent forward flank in a role similar to what Lynch does now.

I still have a lot of question marks on having a player like Matt as a player in our midfield set up. The slower, average height inside beast with suspect skills seems to be a relic of a bygone era. It's not hard to notice how a team like West Coast improved the moment Priddis retired, despite him being a brownlow medallist (for whatever that is worth).

He's also said in some of those interviews he recognises it may be in the best interests of the club long term if his leaving gets the club a r1 compo (ie. pick 2) and he's ok with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back