Preview Changes: R15 vs Hawthorn (Tues Sept 1, AO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Mackay

Sorry, force of habit. After today he'll get a 3 year extension and be offered the captaincy to head off rival club offers.

Honestly I'm not sure we can afford for him to go, If he goes Matt does, then look at our midfield we will have utterly no one.
M.Crouch seems to play much better without B.Crouch as he did in 2017 and has started to show this since B.Crouch did his hamstring, hence if we get a band 1 FA compensation for B.Crouch, you would be nuts not to let him go given we are in a rebuild.

Last edited:
Sounds like McAdam has a minor hamstring strain.

No risks.

M.Crouch seems to play much better without B.Crouch as he did in 2017 and has started to show this since B.Crouch did his hamstring, hence if we get a band 1 FA compensation for B.Crouch, you would be nuts not to let him go given we are in a rebuild.
I thought Brad played every game in 2017?

Not necessarily. Doedee is one player that could run through the midfield. Milera needs to step up or step out as well. Gallucci may have one last chance. Can Fog get fit and run through there as well? Also your presuming we don't trade in an experienced mid.
Need to get a free hit in the Pre season draft like many clubs have before us .

I thought Brad played every game in 2017?
I mistaken it for 2018 where he was injured for the entire year, he seem to be playing more of an outside midfielder in 2017 but since the returned after 2018 with all those groin and hamstring injuries he seem to be playing more inside midfielder with M.Crouch more outside midfield which doesn't suit him.

I mistaken it for 2018 where he was injured for the entire year, he seem to be playing more of an outside midfielder in 2017 but since the returned after 2018 with all those groin and hamstring injuries he seem to be playing more inside midfielder with M.Crouch more outside midfield which doesn't suit him.
He was getting a needle pretty much every game in 2017 to play. His groin flared up in the off season with him not going in for surgery until the middle of the year.

He hadn't had hamstring problems for several years until his latest injury. I really don't think his role in the midfield has changed that much. The only real change in that time has been ROB and the midfield coach

What id do next game .

Stengle Worrell. MCAdam

Milera Himmelberg. Fogarty

Jones. Crouch. B.Smith

Hammill Talia. Sloane

Butts. Hartigan. Brown

R: OBrien. Schoenberg Laird

Bench: Scholl., McKay, Keays/Poholke , Murphy

Team I would go with in 10 days

Brown Hartigan Sholl
Smith Butts Hamill?
Laird BCrouch? Seedsman
Sloane Worrell Davis?
Stengle Fogarty McAdam?

ROB Keays MCrouch

Schoenberg Himmelberg O'Connor Milera?

If we need an extra tall down back Worrell can swing down there and Berg and Fog as your talls up forward.

I have the feeling the club is going to push him out and we're content with getting end of first-round compo. I have no evidence to back this up. But we're rebuilding and he is injury prone and has value on the open market, to a degree it's forced our hand.

We shouldn't forget Brad was shopping himself around at the end of last year. He has every right to do that and test the market but while he wants to stay he hasn't been 100% loyal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Crocker, Kelly, Poholke
In: McHenry, Talia, Hamill

Crocker and Kelly aren't AFL standard

I've seen a bit of Poholke and I just don't think he's good enough for AFL level
Bang on the money Scorp.

mcadam out inj - Davis with one last chance to save his career maybe?. is he still injured?, if yes.. then maybe Worrell?.. too tall?

himm out - Frampton in... frampton’s got another two years on his contract (shudders).. why give him such a long contract if are we not going to play him. himmelberg‘s s**t... delist... I think frampton aint much better but we’ve got him for two more years so atleast give him the rest of the season to see what he can bring.

crocker - tries hard.. sanfl standard player. - bring back mchenry.

poholke - same as crocker - but I’d be happy to let poke have another game or two. if not.. could o’connor be one of those soon to debut lads that Chapman was crapping on about..

kelly... GAGF’d you hack - bring back Talia.. Butts to play Kelly’s pos.

IF McAdam is injured even slightly, take him out - if not of course he plays. But on the basis he comes out;
OUT:
McAdam (inj)
Kelly (om)
Crocker (om)
Poholke (om)

IN:
Worrell
McHenry
Talia
Hamill

Worrell can play back and forward, but most likely spend alot of time as loose man down back (in the Doedee role). The issue becomes, how do we manage Talia, Hartigan and Butts. Sadly for Buttsy, I can see him coming out for a week if Talia is fit. But I liked what I saw from him today.

We shouldn't forget Brad was shopping himself around at the end of last year. He has every right to do that and test the market but while he wants to stay he hasn't been 100% loyal.

There's no such thing as loyalty, it's all just business.

Even if Brad didn't shop himself around before we would still likely ship him out.

71af0-huysptd.gif

Worried about McAdam’s hamstrings and Hamill’s concussions. NO risks please.

Want to see at least one of Worrell and Gollant this week.

Other than that, anyone fit I guess.

Walker needs to go out this week, and let Fog take that position on his own, and let's see what he can actually do. Expect Brad Crouch to play also lynch, Wouldn't be surprised if Milera is ready to go as well.

Milera won't play again this year.

Jake Kelly for me has gone from a good lock down medium defender with no attacking skills and doesn't intercept mark. To a medium defender that's a liability in defense.... and with no attacking skills and doesn't intercept mark.

Sorry Bull, but you just don't have any redeemable traits that justify your spot in the team right now.

I said it last week, right now i'm all for sending Rory Sloane back down to defense in the Tom Doedee role to play out the remainder of the season. Allow him to get his touch back in a simplified role, and provide that defense with some leadership and a strong intercept mark. And to be honest, I don't think we lose too much in defensive prowess, if anything we gain it from Kelly's recent form.

Bring Crouch back into Rory's Midfield role and Kelly out the team.

I think the changes for next week are quite obvious, to be honest if players are fit

Talia for Kelly - If Taila is fit
Lynch for Crocker - Crocker doesn't seem to be AFL Standard
Walker out (Fog and Himmelburg to be the only tall forwards)
Brad for Poholke - If Brad is Fit

Wow, Hawthorn play us off a 5 day break. With us coming off a 10 day break.

After what we put up against the Cat's i'm actually pretty excited about this game.

I think the changes for next week are quite obvious, to be honest if players are fit

Talia for Kelly - If Taila is fit
Lynch for Crocker - Crocker doesn't seem to be AFL Standard
Walker out (Fog and Himmelburg to be the only tall forwards)
Brad for Poholke - If Brad is Fit
Talia, Hartigan and Butts and given ROB drops back into defence makes us pretty tall down back?

And I really don't want Butts dropped and it would be tough on Hartigan who played really well to drop him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back