Preview Changes: R15 vs North Melbourne, Sunday June 26, 12.40pm ACST in Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

That's why we are such a strong club with depth like that
Not the changes that I would make but

Parnell was slaughtered by Rankine and Brown was very good in the SANFL

Murray has struggled since returning to the AFL, Big Billy has been good in the Twos

No need to play an injured Thilthorpe, The Berg is the only Key Forward/Back up Ruck available.

Rachele seemed totally off the pace and Murphy had more impact in just over a quarter than Josh’s entire match.

Hately a bit unlucky but didn’t really do much to hold his spot.

In fact you could mount an argument to drop everyone except Tex, Berry, Dawson and Laird (and I know at least one poster who would drop Laird).

The word on the streets is there will be FIVE changes this week.
In - Brown. Out - Parnell
In - Frampton Out - Murray
In Himmelberg Out - Thilthorpe
In - Murphy. Out - Rachele
In - Sholl Out -Hately

Crouch, Laird and Keays in the centre square for the first bounce
Surely you jest?

Parnell is exactly what this team needs
He is class and can hit a team mate with a lazer pass
I saw him get crunched a couple of times and wondered if he would survive.
Like Soligo, can find the ball, with good skills and shows a real toughness

Like Soligo, can find the ball, with good skills and shows a really toughness
Rankine kicked three goals and handed out two Joe the Gooses. How would you rate Patty’s game?

In - Sholl Out -Hately

Sounds about what I'd expect from this ever developing s**t show.

... but, he is not much good at defence.
Rankine kicked three goals and handed out two Joe the Gooses. How would you rate Patty’s game?
His best role is a Caleb Daniel HB-type who uses his elite kicking skills to set up play. He is not a lockdown defender, but I suspect Nicks will still continue to play him out of position and not utilise his strengths.

Luke Brown was having heaps of goals kicked on him and was offering nothing the other way, so at least Parnell is offering some offensive play

Like Soligo, can find the ball, with good skills and shows a real toughness
You are right but he also needs to adjust to defending at AFL level and rankine could have kicked a bag on him but hopefully that will come as he has good disposal and is quite a clever player from an offensive perspective

Excellent, I think he is one of the most promising players we have,
When your midfield fail to defend, of course the backlines is going to come under pressure.
Parnell reminds me of Caleb Daniels
I suggest that you watch a replay of the game. In particular watch how Patty drifts away from Rankine at stoppages.

I like the “concept” of Patty Parnell. He can find the ball and usually uses it well but a defender has to also occasionally defend.

I'm not sure how you a coach can seriously say we need players who can execute better and then bring Lachie Murphy back in. Just ranked a lazy 518th for disposal efficiency in the league (from 554 players) with a kicking efficiency of 49.4%.

But it's totally on brand we'd drop a guy who can develop into an elite player for a guy who's biggest attribute is he tries hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suggest that you watch a replay of the game. In particular watch how Patty drifts away from Rankine at stoppages.

I like the “concept” of Patty Parnell. He can find the ball and usually uses it well but a defender has to also occasionally defend.
2 Games, he offers so much more than Brown at the moment, anyone that can find the ball and kick to a team mate is doing well in our team
I think he adds a lot of class

In - Sholl Out -Hately

You’re just taking the piss

Bicks compares those against ROB’s return against the Cats. And guess what, Strachanie not a tenth the ruckman as is Bicks’ Goliath. Has gone from 9 clearances v the cats to 1 in his last 2 matches. But Bicks’ gold pass, once gifted, is for life.
I think Bicks might be ROB.

In - Sholl Out -Hately

You forgot Davis.

Luke Brown was having heaps of goals kicked on him and was offering nothing the other way, so at least Parnell is offering some offensive play
We know what Nick's thinks of offensive play. It stifles defence.

Last edited:
For me Scholl is a massive disappointment.

Thought he would really do well with Burgess management of fitness.

Agree Cook. Should be in the side every week. At most clubs he would be.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I sometimes wonder if Burgess and co have a long term licence with some of our developing players.

We all talk about the preseason training period which is intense. Training is then moderated into skills development and finally into in season match preparation on a weekly basis.

Some players however, might be on prolonged aerobic fitness, strength or a body building regime. In short, players like Pedlar and Sholl might not be expected to perform highly this year as Burgess takes the year to help them become better players. Pedlar with more endurance would be a better player. Sholl with more burst strength would be a better player. You get my drift... These physical adaptations take time and their actual game time during the season might often be under duress caused by deliberate high training loads each week.

The training priority for Tex, as an example would be totally different to Sholl or Pedlar.

I see Burgess as an important part of player development and if performance is measured over a career, I can understand why some players don't look to be coming on as quickly as we would like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back