Preview Changes: R15 vs North Melbourne, Sunday June 26, 12.40pm ACST in Tasmania

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ok. I look at the team sheet and am a lot happier.

No Crouch, Billy, Him, Brown or Murphy is a big leap forward in selection policy.

I hope the coaches can stay the course.

And rather than reverting to any of those 5 in the event of poor form or injury, revert to other players on the list such as Cook, Jones, Worrell, Gollant, Pedlar etc

Tex won't pull up and Berg will come in.

Will Jones be Sub? is Subbing for your 50th game as bad as subbing for a debut?! Especially in your home state. let's goooooooo
If Berg comes in, there'll still be no second ruck...

No 2nd ruck either ?
Imo, Murray can pinch hit as we have Doedee & Hinge who can cover as 2nd talls in the backline... particularly as North probably only have 1 tall forward at times they have bench rotations.

Better off playing the extra midfielder/utility.

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
So I’m happy that Crouch is out and we have an ability to develop some youth through the middle.

But if you are a player at the AFC, you must be sitting there scratching your head as to what the selection policy is, and what the coaches are trying to achieve.

The coaches need to be clear they are implementing a youth first policy supplemented with a mix of seniors who are either best 22 at most clubs (only Laird, Dawson, Doedee and Tex at this stage) or seniors who can help develop the youth (Keays, McAdam and Smith when in form).

I’m counting Butts as youth in this scenario as a 22 year old, 35 game player.

xjamescleanx

All Australian
Jun 28, 2008
Pai, Thailand
AFL Club
Adelaide
So I’m happy that Crouch is out and we have an ability to develop some youth through the middle.

But if you are a player at the AFC, you must be sitting there scratching your head as to what the selection policy is, and what the coaches are trying to achieve.

The coaches need to be clear they are implementing a youth first policy supplemented with a mix of seniors who are either best 22 at most clubs (only Laird, Dawson, Doedee and Tex at this stage) or seniors who can help develop the youth (Keays, McAdam and Smith when in form).

It's a very good point. We just celebrated Spud's legacy and we spruik mental health - but to me, this is the very foundation of psychological safety. I really, really hope our coaching team are incredibly candid and transparent with our players about their selection candidacy. I was reassured hearing ROB talk about being dropped during his presser - but I'm not sure our younger players would be so comfortable. #linkedin #milennials #SWAG

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg

Doesn't even need to say it's a youth policy. The fact of the matter is the team is/was wildly unbalanced, particularly in the midfield. Sorry, Matt, you're unbalancing the midfield and don't have the ability to adapt like others can to play elsewhere.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
View attachment 1431334

Now for the trade discussions of Crouch .....late 2nd round is my guesstimate

franco-cozzo-sale.gif

A second rounder?..

D3766EA4-61C1-4D4D-9076-42F5CEE9B7E6.jpeg

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
A late third more likely.
At most..

I think we’d struggle to find anyone that would even bother grabbing him..

And if a suitor did emerge they’d know we are pushing him out and will offer sweet FA and more than likely ask us to pay a big chunk of his salary..

All of which I’d still be happy with just to get him off our list..

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Imo, Murray can pinch hit as we have Doedee & Hinge who can cover as 2nd talls in the backline... particularly as North probably only have 1 tall forward at times they have bench rotations.

Better off playing the extra midfielder/utility.
Murray’s 193 cm. He’s a midget compared to ruckman height. Slightly shorter than Tex.

Back