Preview Changes: R15 vs North Melbourne, Sunday June 26, 12.40pm ACST in Tasmania

Do players get chaired off after 50 games?

There was no way to know he'd be obsessed with unskilled players who try hard but aren't very good.
No, I was being facetious.

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
1) I Like Himmelberg.

2) Both he and Framptom were features in our best three wins. Hope he plays if TT is out. Come at me.
1) I like Himmelberg when he plays serviceably, even well, which is not often. Not often enough.

2) Nope. Himmelberg scored Coaches' votes (the best guide of "played well") in Rounds 3 and 5, and looked like he was going to come good, away from the brick-handed, no-second-effort log that he had become, but NO. He lapsed into his usual mediocrity and worse, soon enough. Dropped.
Frampton got Coaches' votes in Round 6 (played very well) and played a decent half-game the week before that. Frampton seems ok when allowed to roam, but is otherwise unaccountable, hopeless one-on-one (cannot defend) and has shown how bad he is in many more games than not. Dropped, sensibly. Next, delist.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Legs, Wests Tigers
Yep, it has to be an admission they got it wrong.

BF Negative Posters 1- Coaches and Sycophants 0
You make it sound like it's an elite cohort of posters that called this out. About 95% of this board have been calling for the midfield mix to change.

I assume Jones is the sub or traveling emergency as it's in Tassie and he's not named in the SANFL side
Should bring him in as a late change for either Smith or Doedee... who were both rubbish last week.

CrowBloke

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Not sure Crouch himself would find West Coast a particularly enticing prospect. If we're pushing him out, I suspect he'd insist on a Vic club.
I'm overjoyes to see Crouch dropped. Channel 7 reported his omission, making the point of his high-possession count last game --- the Crouch defenders hang on those numbers week after week, without paying attention to his impact, which is zero.
If the Crows want to get rid of Crouch, or if he requests a trade, he can "insist" all he wants but he's likely to get as much interest as when he was available for free.
None.

Last edited:

CrowBloke

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Merriam-Webster is ok with my usage of guys, thanks sir.

Definition of guy

(Entry 1 of 4)
1a: MAN, FELLOW
b: PERSONused in plural to refer to the members of a group regardless of sex
Fair point about Merriam-Webster and the all-in use of "guys" to represent a group of people.
Was that your intention?
If yes, apologies. I should have used a smiley. No offence was intended by me.

Sarcasm unwarranted. I gave your post a 'like' and said that I agreed with your remarks.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Do players get chaired off after 50 games?

There was no way to know he'd be obsessed with unskilled players who try hard but aren't very good.
there is the fact that he did a bit of his coaching apprenticeship under Hinkley. 2013-2018..that surely should've raised a few red flags…

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
So if you could have either a 22yo Gawn or a 22yo Lynch, you would take Lynch? Well we differ then. I would not use a high draft pick on either personally, however I’d definitely take a dominant ruck over a dominant key forward.

btw, Richmond, Melbourne or Bulldogs didn’t have any dominant key forward in those flags But still won.

Richmond didn’t have Tom Lynch or Jack Riewoldt?

That’s new

Nov 5, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
So if you could have either a 22yo Gawn or a 22yo Lynch, you would take Lynch? Well we differ then. I would not use a high draft pick on either personally, however I’d definitely take a dominant ruck over a dominant key forward.

btw, Richmond, Melbourne or Bulldogs didn’t have any dominant key forward in those flags But still won.

What drivel is this???

Who was more influential in Richmonds 3 flags - Jack Riewoldt and Tom Lynch or their ruck man Toby Nankervis/Ivan Soldo?

You bring up the Bulldogs not having a key forward but winning the flag. You do realize they won the Grand Final without even playing a ruck man (Key defender Jordan Roughead and KPF Tom Boyd split the rucking duties).

And you wouldn't give up a high draft pick on 22 year old Max Gawn? If you aren't giving up a high draft pick for a 5 time all Australian, 2 time best and fairest winner and Premiership Captain what are your expectations of a high draft pick?????

Hodgy. Take some time out mate.

Back