Preview Changes: R16 2019 vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Who was it that said 'we're a performance driven organisation'...ok stats aren't everything, but still:

Rd 11:
David Mackay:
19 disposals, five tackles, four clearances, three inside 50s, one goal
Patrick Wilson: 24 disposals, 22 tackles, eight marks, four clearances, four inside 50s

Rd 10:
Patrick Wilson:
28 disposals, 10 marks, six inside 50s, five clearances, four tackles

Rd 9:
Patrick Wilson:
28 disposals, eight clearances, eight marks, four tackles, three inside 50s
Tbf, Mackay was higher in the best players than Wilson last weekend.

Marty expects kids to come in and dominate the AFL, not realising that most of them will gradually build into AFL level players.

Given then a game, dropping them, another game, dropping them - none of this is going to assist their development and speed up their progression into quality AFL players.

I don't expect them to dominate, but the A team is there to win games not develop players that is what the B team does

Is it really that hard to understand

Jones got given an opportunity with 4 or 5 games and showed he wasn't ready

EH has been given the same

Fog was last year and didn't show enough

Davis was given a game but the team cannot afford that type of performance with the tight competition

Pohlkoke similar to Davis

Gooch is just hanging in there but has done well to hold his spot

ROB kicked arse and commanded his spot

If you were cynical, you'd suggest that's because they were planning to recall Mackay, regardless.

22 tackles is insane.

The lack of reward given to Wilson is disgraceful.
Lucky I'm not cynical ;)

Anyway, I hope Mackay kicks 5 goals and runs and carries like a champion. I'd have liked to see Jones in, but I hope DMac plus a blinder .

Nb. I'm sure some will be amused that auto correct changes that to "blunder".

Sounds like Kern is trying to divert attention from himself and his poor coaching. We've heard it all before Kern. maybe concentrate on coaching rather than what the opposition's marketing team has been doing for the last 20+ years

Hinkley talks so much crap "300,000 supporters"??? Where does he pull these figures from?
I swear if that man stood on his head, pulled his pants down and started talking out of his a-hole, nobody would notice the difference.

If you were cynical, you'd suggest that's because they were planning to recall Mackay, regardless.

22 tackles is insane.

The lack of reward given to Wilson is disgraceful.

Do we see Wilson as an outside midfielder? We evidently wanted one in, though I'm more perplexed why we didn't use Jones for this.

SANFL performances don't win you AFL spots (and to go further, I'd be inclined to also say it shouldn't play a role either, the gap is too great for it to be a marker of anything). If Grigg didn't get a game in a season where he should have won a Magarey, Wilson ain't either. So his non selection is absolutely expected, and playing someone you don't believe is up to it is even more stupid than Mackay (which would be the case now with Wilson, needed to win a best 22 spot this year).

It's not disgraceful, it is just how it is. Like every club we operate mainly focused on the depth chart.

Well Douglas is cooked, so his experience is irrelevant I have been a supporter of his, but time to invest in someone else.

Mackay I can sort of understand as he isn't cooked.

Hard to be cooked if you are a never were.

Unfair comment.

Nope. It's an indictment to the club that someone as poor of a player as Mackay got past 80 games, let alone 200.

Sure he cracks in but has been a battler from the get go, in a position you cannot afford battlers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope. It's an indictment to the club that someone as poor of a player as Mackay got past 80 games, let alone 200.

Sure he cracks in but has been a battler from the get go, in a position you cannot afford battlers

Wasn’t this about Douglas?

Anyway, I hope Mackay kicks 5 goals and runs and carries like a champion. I'd have liked to see Jones in, but I hope DMac plus a blinder .

Nb. I'm sure some will be amused that auto correct changes that to "blunder".

Well yeah.. I hope all our players have blinders like that.

As much as we may disagree with selection I don't think anyone hopes the player fails do they?

I can't believe we're playing Douglas but I still hope he gets back to his best of 24 disposals, a handful of tackles and a goal.

Do we see Wilson as an outside midfielder? We evidently wanted one in, though I'm more perplexed why we didn't use Jones for this.

SANFL performances don't win you AFL spots (and to go further, I'd be inclined to also say it shouldn't play a role either, the gap is too great for it to be a marker of anything). If Grigg didn't get a game in a season where he should have won a Magarey, Wilson ain't either. So his non selection is absolutely expected, and playing someone you don't believe is up to it is even more stupid than Mackay (which would be the case now with Wilson, needed to win a best 22 spot this year).

It's not disgraceful, it is just how it is. Like every club we operate mainly focused on the depth chart.
You obviously didn't watch Jones like pyke watched Jones in his afl games this year

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't agree with this, at all; performance must be rewarded.

If the SANFL is the only vehicle for a player to push for selection, then it must be respected and taken into account.

Hinkley talks so much crap "300,000 supporters"??? Where does he pull these figures from?
I swear if that man stood on his head, pulled his pants down and started talking out of his a-hole, nobody would notice the difference.
Maybe they can go to a game

I don't agree with this, at all; performance must be rewarded.

If the SANFL is the only vehicle for a player to push for selection, then it must be respected and taken into account.
It clearly is in pykes eyes and what he is looking for

Problem is you and I don't know exactly what he looking for and what he has asked players to work on and if they are doing as pyke asks

All we look at is stats

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back