Preview Changes: R16 2019 vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

How so?

Average at best last year.

Slow, fumbles, falls over.

3 games now where he has been worst on ground and shown no improvement, can't make contests, doesn't apply effective pressure, doesn't do anything with ball in hand, when he finally gets a cheapie from a team mate.

Please do explain how he is 'far from cooked'?
His body is far from cooked like you said

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you were cynical, you'd suggest that's because they were planning to recall Mackay, regardless.

22 tackles is insane.

The lack of reward given to Wilson is disgraceful.
Have you actually watched Wilson play? I feel like you haven’t given you continually bang on about him. His stats look great, but he’s not an outside mid and he’s well behind our inside mids. Should look elsewhere if he wants an afl career.

Blighty strolls into the club grabs the two cups out of the cabinet and carries them to Pykes office to find campo sitting opposite Pyke telling him all about the boys bbq he's arranged.
Blighty then puts both cups on the desk, tells campo to go fetch, looks at Pyke and says look son we need a chat....

His body is far from cooked like you said

I didn't say that. You said that. All indicators point to his body being cooked. I am asking you to explain the thinking behind your opinion. Your opinion is that Douglas is far from cooked. How is Douglas far from cooked? How is Douglas not cooked? What makes you think Douglas isn't cooked and why? What aspects of his performance suggest he isn't cooked?

I didn't say that. You said that. All indicators point to his body being cooked. I am asking you to explain the thinking behind your opinion. Your opinion is that Douglas is far from cooked. How is Douglas far from cooked? How is Douglas not cooked? What makes you think Douglas isn't cooked and why? What aspects of his performance suggest he isn't cooked?
You said his body is cooked or did you not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"He tries really hard."

That should not be the justification for selection; especially for 200+ game player.
We know what we get from Dave. I reckon he'll be OK tomorrow night.

Doesn't justify his selection at all, but we will get one of those rare good ones.

I did, and you said this

Far from cooked, as in you are saying he is not yet cooked, as in, not cooked.

So I again ask you, to explain why YOU think that DOUGLAS IS NOT COOKED?
I’m not Marty, but I would like to try and answer that:
- Dougie has come back from a lengthy injury; often lengthy injuries take a few weeks to regather the form prior to injury
- the fact that he keeps being selected means either of 2 things:
1. Dougie is cooked and the coaches are blind/dumb/drunk
2. Dougie is not yet cooked

I’m guessing this Showdown will let us know how cooked he really is.

Yes, I said he is cooked, I explained why he is cooked.
You said he is 'far from cooked' which means he is not yet cooked, as in he is not cooked.
I asked you to explain what makes you think that Douglas' body is not cooked.

This is starting to sound like a bitch fight on My Kitchen Rules.

I’m not Marty, but I would like to try and answer that:
- Dougie has come back from a lengthy injury; often lengthy injuries take a few weeks to regather the form prior to injury
- the fact that he keeps being selected means either of 2 things:
1. Dougie is cooked and the coaches are blind/dumb/drunk
2. Dougie is not yet cooked

I’m guessing this Showdown will let us know how cooked he really is.

He is cooked.

The club has plenty of form in picking established, cooked players simply because they are experienced.

No improvement at all in 3 successive AFL games which included a bye, following an SANFL game where he had 30 touches. He is not fast enough to get from contest to contest whether it is quarter 1 or quarter 4. Cooked. He isn't magically going to become faster.

Nevermind that his performance now is exactly the same as his performance in round 1 prior to going down with injury, and the form line he was showing in the later stages of 2018.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back