Preview Changes: R16 vs GWS (Tues Sept 8 at AO, 5.10pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

So Nicks states that Kelly was only in the team due to Talias injury, and otherwise would have been dropped. He has then proceeded to play even worse in the following 2 weeks, and yet, holds his place in the team. It’s ******* mind boggling.
Hoping Nick's is playing possum and Kelly will be a late out. Worrell looks next in line. Based off his presser I hope he gets a game before the end of the year. Hamill in for Mackay and Worrell in for Kelly against Carlton would likely be our best side barring injuries.

Last edited:
Hope our young guys kill it tomorrow.
I don’t think they’ll forget that they went into an sanfl quarter final last year because their ruck teammate abandoned them because he had a contract lined up with another club. Didn’t we go into that match without a ruck as well?

On 5aa when they were talking to brent reilly they said about macpherson coming in and reilly said yer that allows **** to go into the midfield. I didnt quite catch the name, did anyone hear that, my best guess is sholl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giants off the back of their 3rd game in 9 days here.

We are a genuine chance if we play like we did against the Cats, but for 4 quarters. Not sure our Hawks effort will be enough, need to hit the Giants hard with tackles and pressure all game.

Waste of an opportunity not getting games into Worrell or Butts this year.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

There is still two games left after this one. That said, it has been frustrating how much we've stuck with Kelly over Butts in particular. He did not look out of place at all during his only game against the form side of the comp.

So Nicks states that Kelly was only in the team due to Talias injury, and otherwise would have been dropped. He has then proceeded to play even worse in the following 2 weeks, and yet, holds his place in the team. It’s ******* mind boggling.
They’re just giving us a new whipping boy otherwise how boring would these threads be now?! 😛

There is still two games left after this one. That said, it has been frustrating how much we've stuck with Kelly over Butts in particular. He did not look out of place at all during his only game against the form side of the comp.
Wouldn't mind seeing a backline of Butts, Talia, Hartigan. Once fit Doedee will be in for Hartigan next year and moving forward McAsey is the natural replacement for Talia once he retires. Also wouldn't mind them resting Walker for Worrell against carlton and see what Berg, Fog, Worrell looks like moving forward.

Wouldn't mind seeing a backline of Butts, Talia, Hartigan. Once fit Doedee will be in for Hartigan next year and moving forward McAsey is the natural replacement for Talia once he retires. Also wouldn't mind them resting Walker for Worrell against carlton and see what Berg, Fog, Worrell looks like moving forward.

Think I'd rather McAsey for Hartigan in the short term and us getting 22 games into Fish next year.

That said, you could probably get away with all four of Talia, Butts, McAsey and Doedee in a lineup. Doedee should be able to do a capable job on mid-sized defenders + intercepting.

I really don't know where Worrell fits at the moment, though I'm not against him getting games either.

Our season is done, so Hamill does not need a run in the twos (nor is the twos that beneficial right now because they are just uncomperitive scratch matches).

He's fit, he should be playing. Especially for Kelly who is a liability no matter what he is doing right now. That's a mistake from Nick's, no matter how much he wanted to reward a winning side.
Hamill has had two concussions. They won’t risk him again I wouldn’t think. Give his brain time to recover.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back