Preview Changes: R16 vs GWS (Tues Sept 8 at AO, 5.10pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

cupboard

nothing worse than grabbing a hot pie or bbq sausages and then putting cold sauce on them just screws with my tiny brain
Definitely cupboard. Cold sauce on a hot pie??? Who would even do that??

No Adelaide Crows players in the 22under22 squad of 40

Yikes
That’s hardly surprising given we have only debuted most of them this season, I’m not sure why the yikes, we all know what position we are in by now. Hopefully can get a couple in there next year if the likes of Schoenberg continue to develop well.

That’s hardly surprising given we have only debuted most of them this season, I’m not sure why the yikes, we all know what position we are in by now. Hopefully can get a couple in there next year if the likes of Schoenberg continue to develop well.

Would have been nice to have guys like Fogarty, Jones and McHenry or even Hamill in a position to make the squad

Last edited:
6 days ago

On the latest list Jackster has posted Butts is no longer on the injury list.

Butts one game was encouraging, Kelly has stunk, we are short in defence, stupid selection decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah this is one thing i'm completely unfazed about. We have good young developing players all over the best 22 right now in ROB, Berg, Berg, Hamill, Moose, Sholl, Stengle, McAdam, Jones, McHenry, FOG, Butts, and Fish.

There is a very good chance every one of them will be in the round 1 team in 2021. That's 13 young players before we execute our outrageously stacked draft hand.

Future is bright, and those sort of accolades will come when earned

Agreed. Have to be 22 or under for entire season, and played minimum 8 games, presumably at the time of selection - so Rowell misses out.

Of our 9 debutants, who would be even eligible?

Strachan, Butts, Scholl, Shoenberg, McPherson haven't played 8 games yet. I'm thinking 3 of them might feature next year.
McAdam is too old.
Hamill, McAsey and McHenry haven't exactly set the world on fire.

Other eligible players are Himmelberg (only really showed something past few games), Poholke (just no), Murphy (not been a good year for Adelaide forwards), Stengle (probably at least made the conversation); Fog and Jones haven't exactly had the breakout seasons we were hoping for.

I don't think I've missed any eligible players, and I don't think any of the eligible deserve to be there.

Would have been nice to have guys like Fogarty, Jones and McHenry or even Hamill in a position to make the squad
Schoenberg, Hamill, McPherson, Sholl, Stengle the most likely to be in this team in the short term future. I'm not worried at all that we don't have anyone in that team currently. Ladder position dictates the team along with Pyke's negative attitude in not playing youth which killed our chances of having players in it. Very happy with where our youth sits. Want to see what Worrell, Gollant, Butts, O'Connor can do next. Doedee and Milera sit just out of the age bracket and Himmelberg(who also just sits out of the age bracket) has shown something this year. Really need to see more from Fogarty, Jones, McHenry, McAsey, Davis, Murphy next year. Gallucci and Poholke are busts. Gallucci had some potential but too lazy and will likely ask for a trade. Two years of high end picks which I hope we will nail and we will have one of the best group of under 22's in the league.

Last edited:
Schoenberg, Hamill, McPherson, Sholl, Stengle the most likely to be in this team in the short term future. I'm not worried at all that we don't have anyone in that team currently. Ladder position dictates the team along with Pyke's negative attitude in not playing youth which killed our chances of having players in it. Very happy with where our youth sits. Want to see what Worrell, Gollant, Butts, O'Connor can do next. Doedee and Milera sit just out of the age bracket and Himmelberg(who also just sits out of the age bracket) has shown something this year. Really need to see more from Fogarty, Jones, McHenry, McAsey, Davis, Murphy next year. Gallucci and Poholke are busts. Gallucci had some potential but too lazy and will likely ask for a trade. Two years of high end picks which I hope we will nail and we will have one of the best group of under 22's in the league.

Well... that and an achillies injury which should be it for his career. That said, it did sound like someone who had given up on having a career come the start of 2020, fair enough too with how the past 3-4 years had gone.

The big four though for next year are Fog, Jones, McHenry and McAsey. You'd think at least two of them had to step up next year. McAsey is definitely the safest of the bunch, as he put in a good season and the rest really have one major deficiency holding them back. For Fogarty, it's fitness. McHenry weight (as he plays like a ball winning midfielder), Jones is consistency.

All are fixable in a preseason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back