Preview Changes: R16 vs Melbourne, Saturday July 2, 4.05pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Aug 31, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wow, player’s DADS!!!!!

You must be a really important guy!!!!!

Did you mention that you couldn’t be
****ed watching the game last week but still had time for more than a hundred POSTS on Bigfooty about the stupidity of selection.

If I pm you will you send me an autograph?
Oh boy why did you bother,

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
We're in our third year, the first step of a rebuild is beginning to burn the list down which was 2019 offseason and 2020, 2021 was finishing up that burning and 2022 is the year where the age profile hits rock bottom and we're forced to get older.

Low single digits is fine, we're not at the stage where we are building a contender yet and there is still a lot of list turnover to go before we get there. More we're trying to work out what the core of our side looks like moving forward, and rebuilding the club to a respectable point. Really, you've got about three lads you could take to the bank are going to be key pillars for whatever we do, Thilthorpe, Rachele, Butts. Soligo and Fogarty are probably the closest at the moment to breaking into that group out of our younger charges.

Did we really do much burning in 2019 though? Keath, who was a 3rd tall, and Thor, who was a bit midfielder, were at the lower end of our best 22. Plus we lost Dougie and Otto to retirement and fringe mid CEY. And Sauce, who was cooked and overtaken anyway. And I think we picked up Keays that year. Who else did we lose, I can't think of anyone of note. Plus we gained Crouch back from injury. We shouldn't have performed vastly different in 2020 than we did 2019. Which is why the 'rebuild' didn't actually start until we were being hammered after the covid break. We went into 2020 thinking a happy group woukd get us back into the 8.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wow, player’s DADS!!!!!

You must be a really important guy!!!!!

Did you mention that you couldn’t be
****ed watching the game last week but still had time for more than a hundred POSTS on Bigfooty about the stupidity of selection.

If I pm you will you send me an autograph?

poor old AFGM, didn't get a hug from mum today?

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ah no I’m not the angry one

Having a bit of a LOL actually
Can you listen to yourself

Jeff, again?!?

You lose the plot pretty regularly at the same time of night, thinking adding hahahaha hides the tears of a clown

Maybe reconsider your relationship with the bottle, because it doesn’t look good from the outside

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
Good stuff, hope he reads it.
What's his email address.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app
tsilvers@afc.com.au
"Dear Glenno,
Thank you for your letter.

We value highly your detailed constructive criticism as we do from all passionate supporters like you. I assure you that the points you make will be addressed as soon as possible.

Please write again whenever, if ever, you notice any more deficiencies in what we've been doing.

Yours sincerely,
Tim Silvers
P.S. Please find attached your 2023 Membership Renewal notices for you, your wife and 2 children. You might notice that costs have gone up a little, but Coaches of the distinctive quality of Matthew Nicks, Burgess et al do not come cheaply. Thank you for your invaluable support
".

Glenno23, great try :thumbsu: :smilev1: , but I think the effects of your letter lie in the answer to this question:
If a letter falls in a forest of letters on a CEO's desk and is ignored like all the others, does it have any impact?

Yep, probably won't change a thing.

But a letter written has a chance to be read. A letter not written has zero chance of being read

Nov 8, 2021
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
poor old AFGM, didn't get a hug from mum today?
I can understand why you would support Notso Elite.

Having recently stated that you have watched only 4 games at Adelaide Oval in the last EIGHT years and 2 of them were Poort Pear finals (any Crows matches at all?), I can understand why you would support the opinion of a poster who can’t be #%#%ed watching the Crows 😁

George Kramer

Premium Platinum
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide

Having recently stated that you have watched only 4 games at Adelaide Oval in the last EIGHT years and 2 of them were Poort Pear finals (any Crows matches at all?), I can understand why you would support the opinion of a poster who can’t be #%#%ed watching the Crows 😁
When you’ve been exposed as a FIGJAM who uses the elderly and loneliness as an insult, it’s not surprising that lying and trolling is also part of your make up. Not a Good Man Jack, do better.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

For someone who never apologised about getting the Murphy drafting wrong, should you be so high on your high horse?

Nov 8, 2021
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
For someone who never apologised about getting the Murphy drafting wrong, should you be so high on your high horse?
You are certifiably CRAZY.

1) I stated that I had heard an interview where Murphy stated that Don Pyke phoned him to say he was considering drafting him as a SMALL FORWARD.

2) You said this was bullshit and I had fabricated this.

3) Another poster posted a link to the interview after Murphy’s second game where he states EXACTLY what I said.

You can not continue to deny the facts or I should say you should not continue to make this stuff up.

Are you CRAZY or did you not bother to check the link?

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
You are certifiably CRAZY.

1) I stated that I had heard an interview where Murphy stated that Don Pyke phoned him to say he was considering drafting him as a SMALL FORWARD.

2) You said this was bullshit and I had fabricated this.

3) Another poster posted a link to the interview after Murphy’s second game where he states EXACTLY what I said.

You can not continue to deny the facts or I should say you should not continue to make this stuff up.

Are you CRAZY or did you not bother to check the link?

Except that it wasn’t what you said, and wasn’t what he said.

He hadn’t played forward before, didn’t know how to play forward, and by his own words was confused as to why they thought he could play forward

They did not draft him as a forward, because he wasn’t one and didn’t know how to be one. He said that himself.

What we did was draft him with the intention of trying to turn him into a forward at some future point.

And your point really was that people who claimed he was drafted as a midfielder were wrong, when actually they were right. He was a midfielder.

So maybe less CAPS and more apologising?

Nah, don’t worry we’ve all got you pegged MAESTRObater

The funny thing is your post says a lot more about you than anything I’ve posted but your too much of a FIGJAM to even realise.

Never said I was important, I shared information, it’s up to posters how they want to take it. Some are interested, some aren’t and then there’s you.

So did you agree with Murphys selection?

And I did watch the replay in the end so whose a bit silly now?
And yet I share information and get called a “sycophant“ and “cosying up.” Double standard eh EC?

George Kramer

Premium Platinum
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
And yet I share information and get called a “sycophant“ and “cosying up.” Double standard eh EC?
Bit different, you have a history of supporting the club and management to ridiculous levels, it’s only natural your relationship with management would be questioned as to the reason why

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bit different, you have a history of supporting the club and management to ridiculous levels, it’s only natural your relationship with management would be questioned as to the reason why
It’s kind of similar though ….. only seeing positives or only seeing negatives is the same just either end of the scale

You miss all the stuff in between

George Kramer

Premium Platinum
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
It’s kind of similar though ….. only seeing positives or only seeing negatives is the same just either end of the scale

You miss all the stuff in between
That’s true if I only saw the negatives. There are a number of Crows players I rate and we’ve done a lot of good things off field over recent years, I even mentioned this the other day. My negatives are to do with the first rounders we’ve wasted and a coach who has some stupid selections and defensive game plan.

But an extension of your post, its the same with posters, they only see what they want to see in posters, for examples by your post your insinuating I only see the negatives.

Now I could bring up posters who only see the positives, who ignore failings of our recruiters and their favourite players like Mutineer, but I’m sure he’s criticised Hamish once at least.

Back