Butts
Murray
Doedee
Hinge
Jones
Hamill
MacPherson
Parnell

The two smalls after Brown are more of a concern than our two best KPDs. Butts and Murray should be our two pillars for the next 10 years. We do lack KPD depth, but

Jones and Hamill look like quality play creating HBs. Could argue Milera here as well.

Doedee the loose tall/interceptor.

Hinge the spare, pushing up to wing coverage.

But our small defenders?

MacPherson is a good actual defender and good with disposal. But durability?

Parnell is very good at creating play, but a guy his size in the Defensive end needs to be a hard tackler, an actual defender. I have not seen this from him yet.

I struggle to see our long term lockdown small defender.

With his hardness at the contest could McHenry be tried?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's the only spot on the board I see him making his own.

I'd imagine a backline with McHenry and Murray as being quite a dangerous zone for all involved.

I love Stengle as a player (always have), but curious to hear what you think how the club should’ve treated him differently

FFS get real.

That bogus oh we’ll demote you for a year bullshit for a start.

nothing he did warranted more than a slap on the wrist, and if optics for the wowsers is that important: a week or 2 suspension. Probably suspended

They need to make Davis the sub.. every week until they delist him at seasons end..

And hope they get no injuries so they dont have to sub him on..

Using a tall forward like Himmelberg as a sub is dumb.. only works out if you lose one of your other tall forwards..

It needs to be a utility or midfielder type for sub..
Berg I put as emergency not sub. Sub to be one of Milera Sholl or Parnell

He got done for drink driving.. hapoy for them to rake him over the coals for that stupid act.

But dabbling in a bit of recreational cocaine use.. pfft.. they shouldnt have even reprimanded him for that..
Adelaide Choirboys.

Our s**t doesn't stink, but it doesn't win many games, either.

FFS get real.

nothing he did warranted more than a slap on the wrist, and if optics for the wowsers is that important: a week or 2 suspension. Probably suspended

Agreed, look at the Bulldogs player - few weeks off and nothing more to see.

We overreacted as always.

It's the only spot on the board I see him making his own.

I'd imagine a backline with McHenry and Murray as being quite a dangerous zone for all involved.
It's actually a clever idea, at least try it, or even having Murphy back there as he played there when we drafted him.

In reality Parnell would best be suited to wing, Smith, Scholl the same. Hinge can go back out wing, Jones needs to be HB not lock down.

The above two players could actually be quite good in the role, the only negative on McHenry is the lack of speed.

FFS get real.

Especially when all of that doesn't appear to be a problem for him now, or for Geelong. So it shouldn't have been a problem for us, but we decided to gift another club a likely AA small forward. A very Crows thing to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope they don't play him only half or three quarters recovered.
Reported that he is very unlikely to play & I doubt we would be so stupid to risk McAdam this week... surely.

Nathan Schmook on afl.com seems to think a Newchurch debut (for McAdam) should be a lock.

His call is Newchurch for McAdam, Jones for Hamill and and Thilthorpe to return for McHenry.

He notes Gollant, Crouch and Sholl as others to put their hand up. No mention of Worrell. Or Brown for that matter.

They need to make Davis the sub.. every week until they delist him at seasons end..

And hope they get no injuries so they dont have to sub him on..

Using a tall forward like Himmelberg as a sub is dumb.. only works out if you lose one of your other tall forwards..

It needs to be a utility or midfielder type for sub..
We would get done for tanking playing Davis.

Agreed, look at the Bulldogs player - few weeks off and nothing more to see.

We overreacted as always.
Perhaps Adelaide did Stengle a big favour.

He likely wouldn’t be where he is now in his playing career if Adelaide hadn’t suspended him and then de-listed him, he hadn’t missed out on the 2021 MSD, Betts hadn’t got a coaching gig at the Cats and he hadn’t moved out of Adelaide.

Doesn’t look so go good for the Crows with Stengle now starring for the Cats, without having received any trade compensation for his ‘development’ at the Crows.

Let's face it; they'll do as they please, regardless of our INs and OUTs, speculations, hopes and demands in here, regardless of what makes sense or not.

I stopped listening to what Nicks says, or at least believing it, a while ago now. it pays to look only at what he does.
His selections tell us that he favours try-hard scrappers over more skilled players, and out-of-form seniors over youth.
That suggests he'll bring back Murphy for McAdam (inj), and some senior dud (Brown?) for Hamill (inj).

Re: "we aren't beating Melbourne", we beat them by a point in a thriller 22nd May last year when it was expected that we'd get hammered. Looked to me like the Dees were complacent on the day.
I'm expecting a big loss this week too,
but
footy's a funny game and these Crows pull one out of the bag now and then.
If it was early in the year I would say we have more chance of catching the Dees on an off day. They seem to be switched onto finals mode with players trying to lock in their spot for a 2nd flag. I reckon we have a 60 pluser coming up.

Last edited:
If it was early in the year I would say we have more chance of catching the Dees on an off day. They seem to be switched onto finals mode with players trying to lock in their spot for a 2nd flag. I reckon we have a 60 pluser coming up.
Nah, this will be a lot closer than anyone will believe.

We match up so well on them, particularly in the mid field.... wait.

Going forward our back 7 should be

Butts
Murray
Doedee
Hinge
Jones
Hamill
MacPherson
Parnell

The two smalls after Brown are more of a concern than our two best KPDs. Butts and Murray should be our two pillars for the next 10 years. We do lack KPD depth, but

Jones and Hamill look like quality play creating HBs. Could argue Milera here as well.

Doedee the loose tall/interceptor.

Hinge the spare, pushing up to wing coverage.

But our small defenders?

MacPherson is a good actual defender and good with disposal. But durability?

Parnell is very good at creating play, but a guy his size in the Defensive end needs to be a hard tackler, an actual defender. I have not seen this from him yet.

I struggle to see our long term lockdown small defender.

With his hardness at the contest could McHenry be tried?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm not sure McPherson is a good defender or good footballer in general. I see an average player who is borderline getting delisted. Sadly Hamill can't continue on getting concussions and his welfare needs to be the priority. We desperately need another quality KPD traded in end of year. Brennan Cox would be perfect but he seems settled and contracted at Freo.

Here's a good laugh --- Footy Classified just suggested that if NM went to Tassie, they could do Free Agency trades eg
get this --- trade JHF to Adelaide and get Pick #4, Matt Crouch and Tex Walker in return!!!

Walker's blood is tri-coloured and passes through his body in Life-Saver-like hoops; he'd rather pull off his head and s**t down his own neck than play for NM in Tassie.

Here's a good laugh --- Footy Classified just suggested that if NM went to Tassie, they could do Free Agency trades eg
get this --- trade JHF to Adelaide and get Pick #4, Matt Crouch and Tex Walker in return!!!

Walker's blood is tri-coloured and passes through his body in Life-Saver-like hoops; he'd rather pull off his head and s**t down his own neck than play for NM in Tassie.
They actually suggested the Crows trade Pick 4, Walker and Brad Crouch for JHF

Yep... they watch us closely!

To be fair I forgot McHenry.

I dont hate Rowe. He just is a stop gap player. He isnt the biggest problem right now but as we keep hitting the draft and trade table, I'd be surprised if he is anywhere near our best 22 in 2024.
I beg to differ… Champion Data suggest he is elite in making decisions with effective disposals. The lad is only building and will essential piece of the team going forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back