Preview Changes: R16 vs Melbourne, Saturday July 2, 4.05pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Reckon we’ve got more than one right.

Nicks keeps making dumb decisions and as I posted in the Nicks thread, doesn’t seem the players rate him.

If the players didn't rate him they wouldn't be busting their gut effort wise for him, I see no evidence of that, or are you questioning their effort as well?

MrBarry

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester City
If the players didn't rate him they wouldn't be busting their gut effort wise for him, I see no evidence of that, or are you questioning their effort as well?

Dont agree with that, playing at Adelaide Oval vs the top team they are always going to be motivated regardless.

Dont agree with that, playing at Adelaide Oval vs the top team they are always going to be motivated regardless.

No they're not. Professional sport is full of incidents where a team has given up and is going through the motions until a coach is sacked.

Heck, we have a glaring example of that occurring in the league at the moment in North. This club pulled off that trick in 2019 as well.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Interesting that we've seen some of our more senior players drop away recently - Smith, Brown, Sloane, Crouch, Doedee. ROB at times.

Strange dynamic at present. Tex standing out like a beacon then the rest of our decent play being lead by outsiders (Keays, Dawson) or kids who've recently arrived.

Laird really the only other stalwart putting together anything resembling a good season.

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Interesting that we've seen some of our more senior players drop away recently - Smith, Brown, Sloane, Crouch, Doedee. ROB at times.

Strange dynamic at present. Tex standing out like a beacon then the rest of our decent play being lead by outsiders (Keays, Dawson) or kids who've recently arrived.

Laird really the only other stalwart putting together anything resembling a good season.
Fair call , smith had the composure of a rookie tonight

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Hmm, unless you were part of the conversation you wouldn’t have a clue. I asked what they thought of Nicks and in particular re a senior player, what he thought of Nicks. His dad held back originally and then told me. I’ve PMd a couple of posters, they know who I’m talking about. So yeah, this very senior player doesn’t rate Nicks.
Was it Crouch's dad?

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hmm, unless you were part of the conversation you wouldn’t have a clue. I asked what they thought of Nicks and in particular to a senior player, what he thought of Nicks. His dad held back originally and then told me. I’ve PMd a couple of posters, they know who I’m talking about. So yeah, this very senior player doesn’t rate Nicks.
I’m looking forward to you and the dads implementing your master plans for the rebuild and a period of sustained success

There is no way he’s lost the players that’s for sure , losing the players is noble at north . Losing the players doesn’t involve tackle counts like we are getting and effort

Taking the club beyond first stage of rebuild is a question mark however

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Did I say he lost the players?

What does xxxx think of Nicks?

“I better not say”

More prodding

“Doesn’t rate him, too defensive”

Funny that, that’s been a criticism we’ve labelled at him.

As for the younger player

“He is trying to change the way he plays, not on instinct and they’ve got him overthinking it”

This has nothing to do with implementing our master plan on a rebuild so I’m not sure why you would even make such a stupid comment.

I’m passing on what I was told and the funny thing is it’s the same criticisms we’ve observed.

Perhaps you need to get off your high horse and just accept what’s been posted.
This sort of stuff is always present

Same with Pyke before who wasn’t liked much at all

I don’t doubt that’s what you’ve heard , I’ve heard some positive things early and not quite as much lately

Also have a school mate who coached with nicks and thought he was great and another guy who didn’t rate his tactical sense on game day but thought he was good culture guy

Some of the guys playing sanfl today would dislike him immensely , I bet Matt crouch and Newchurch don’t like him . You don’t have to like the coach though but respect him

Gtowncrow

Cheated out of Finals
Jul 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
And it’s not just a matter of not “liking”.

It’s an assessment on his coaching. Two flaws identified by posters on here, brought up by players dads, without prompting on these flaws. They came out with it. Perhaps we aren’t numpties after all.
Did you ask the dads what their BF alias' are?
My guess they've joined to moderate the whipping of their boys.
Now...who on here might they be?

morris086

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

Ideally we'd like our rebuild to have a handful of senior players who are hardened, finals winning types who even in their twilight years can still provide. We've cut our list so that Sloane, Tex, Smith and Seeds are our only 30+ players, no problems there other than contract statuses. The spot we've landed in though is only Tex is playing at an adequate level. Seeds is excusable, Sloane I think was still impacting partially but Smith has regressed badly this year.

This leads to our next in lines Laird, Keays, Brown, Rob and Crouch. The Keays, Laird and Crouch triumphant are our starting three that we send out the truly elite mdifields in the comp, are they good? statistically yes, but actually no. but they'll do for now.

Our future? Bleak if i'm honest. The players I've locked in moving forward are in the lower single digits, which, 3 or 4 years into a rebuild is shite. Realistically I think we're two years into a rebuild, draft wise for whatever reason prior to the last two years, we've been poor.

Ideally we'd like our rebuild to have a handful of senior players who are hardened, finals winning types who even in their twilight years can still provide. We've cut our list so that Sloane, Tex, Smith and Seeds are our only 30+ players, no problems there other than contract statuses. The spot we've landed in though is only Tex is playing at an adequate level. Seeds is excusable, Sloane I think was still impacting partially but Smith has regressed badly this year.

This leads to our next in lines Laird, Keays, Brown, Rob and Crouch. The Keays, Laird and Crouch triumphant are our starting three that we send out the truly elite mdifields in the comp, are they good? statistically yes, but actually no. but they'll do for now.

Our future? Bleak if i'm honest. The players I've locked in moving forward are in the lower single digits, which, 3 or 4 years into a rebuild is shite. Realistically I think we're two years into a rebuild, draft wise for whatever reason prior to the last two years, we've been poor.

We're in our third year, the first step of a rebuild is beginning to burn the list down which was 2019 offseason and 2020, 2021 was finishing up that burning and 2022 is the year where the age profile hits rock bottom and we're forced to get older.

Low single digits is fine, we're not at the stage where we are building a contender yet and there is still a lot of list turnover to go before we get there. More we're trying to work out what the core of our side looks like moving forward, and rebuilding the club to a respectable point. Really, you've got about three lads you could take to the bank are going to be key pillars for whatever we do, Thilthorpe, Rachele, Butts. Soligo and Fogarty are probably the closest at the moment to breaking into that group out of our younger charges.

Nov 8, 2021
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Actually I do now, thanks 2 players DADS telling me tonight.
Wow, player’s DADS!!!!!

You must be a really important guy!!!!!

Did you mention that you couldn’t be
****ed watching the game last week but still had time for more than a hundred POSTS on Bigfooty about the stupidity of selection.

If I pm you will you send me an autograph?

George Kramer

Premium Platinum
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wow, player’s DADS!!!!!

You must be a really important guy!!!!!

Did you mention that you couldn’t be
****ed watching the game last week but still had time for more than a hundred POSTS on Bigfooty about the stupidity of selection.

If I pm you will you send me an autograph?
The funny thing is your post says a lot more about you than anything I’ve posted but your too much of a FIGJAM to even realise.

Never said I was important, I shared information, it’s up to posters how they want to take it. Some are interested, some aren’t and then there’s you.

So did you agree with Murphys selection?

And I did watch the replay in the end so whose a bit silly now?

Back