Preview Changes: R17 vs Essendon

If Tex is out injured who do you think will come in for him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Doubt it.

You would think the game would be postponed if it was.

Tankitus is my diagnosis.

65bb7a47104b887099f43a0447746de6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

How can you be waiting all season for a game then it finally arrives and you're sick?

Get it together man. Eat some vegetables
Iron tablets I reckon and a healthy serving of Popeye's elixir every day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given Murphy laid 13 tackles and has some sort of intent to pressure in our forward line that selection is a no brainer given we haven’t got anyone else like that unfort

We need to stop looking at SANFL form for our forwards. Murphy laid a total of 0 tackles at AFL level, there is no alignment between SANFL form and AFL form. That said, I said they were morals because they'd performed in the 2s and have games under the belt. I was happy that we didn't select Lynch after just the one hitout, that's an improvement against the norm, but he's definitely in this week after his second.

We need to stop looking at SANFL form for our forwards. Murphy laid a total of 0 tackles at AFL level, there is no alignment between SANFL form and AFL form. That said, I said they were morals because they'd performed in the 2s and have games under the belt. I was happy that we didn't select Lynch after just the one hitout, that's an improvement against the norm, but he's definitely in this week after his second.
Murphy’s another “good bloke, battler that tries hard” type..

Overlooked by every club both the main and rookie drafts.. moves to adelaide to work in the merch shop and play in the sanfl.. through sheer grit and determination pushes his way onto the list..

Great story... but whats he really done since?.. been mostly a small forward for us but has only kicked 42 goals in 52 games.. less than a goal a game. Thats not good enough.

“Applies heaps of pressure in the forward line though” his supporters say... sure, but maybe thats because he’s constantly chasing his opponents tail and always finds himself out of position because he doesnt read the play well?...

I remember in his first year of AFL Betts directing him constantly.. telling him where to run and what to do.. did any of it sink in?.. he still struggles.

Another draft/club reject that this club magically thinks is gonna turn into a finals winner...

If they are gonna play him.. play him further up the ground.. where he seems to be more comfortable and more productive..

Murphy’s another “good bloke, battler that tries hard” type..

Overlooked by every club both the main and rookie drafts.. moves to adelaide to work in the merch shop and play in the sanfl.. through sheer grit and determination pushes his way onto the list..

Great story... but whats he really done since?.. been mostly a small forward for us but has only kicked 42 goals in 52 games.. less than a goal a game. Thats not good enough.

“Applies heaps of pressure in the forward line though” his supporters say... sure, but maybe thats because he’s constantly chasing his opponents tail and always finds himself out of position because he doesnt read the play well?...

I remember in his first year of AFL Betts directing him constantly.. telling him where to run and what to do.. did any of it sink in?.. he still struggles.

Another draft/club reject that this club magically thinks is gonna turn into a finals winner...

If they are gonna play him.. play him further up the ground.. where he seems to be more comfortable and more productive..

The last sentence is the problem. At another club, he'd get a spurt through the midfield as the 6th or 7th guy that gets some minutes. By the time our main 3 have taken up 80% of available minutes. Each week, we then seem to pick one other to fill up the remaining 20% of minutes. Most, if not all, of our problems start with how we run our midfield. They're poor by foot, so our forwards do it tough, they're not great defensively against transition, so our defenders do it tough and we run so few through there that they do it tough. Until we scrap totally our philosophies that drive how we run our midfield, we're doomed to bottom of 8 finishes at best.

Last edited:
We had to play Murphy because he at least has a focus on pressure , none of our other forwards do to the same extent

he definitely underperformed but I’m happier giving him more slack given first game back in ages

don’t really think he’s the answer long term if we are going to be a good side

We had to play Murphy because he at least has a focus on pressure , none of our other forwards do to the same extent

he definitely underperformed but I’m happier giving him more slack given first game back in ages

don’t really think he’s the answer long term if we are going to be a good side

Since the cupboard is bare, I understand why he was recalled, but he shouldn't have been.
I reckon he has returned from the nasty injury too soon. He has looked abnormally subdued in both the SANFL and AFL, feeling out his physical capabilities. He needs to regain the verve in the SANFL as this is a key part of his game.

Back