Preview Changes: R17 vs Hawthorn @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

VB was made to look like a much better coach than he is at the Eagles where he had a far stronger midfield to work with. Has been exposed as a complete fraud since he's moved to us. "put a team under pressure and frustrate them". Do you know what else puts a team under pressure? Kicking goals.

All week the message has been how well the young mids went against the best midfield in the league, were only 5 points down in the last quarter, showed some really good signs, and no one should worry.

We were that good, that we're changing up the midfield dynamic totally, against a worse team.

4. Points.

They can't pick Newchurch now

If he plays bad that's bad

If he plays well the coaches look stupid

Lose-lose from the club's perspective. Have boxed themselves in.
And what's more concerning, will the selection committee have it in them to drop Crouch again. I honestly can't get a read on what will happen next but what a waste having him come back the 2nd and 3rd time taking up a space that can be used to develop the junior players.

On CPH1903 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rahilly tonight mentioned about Soligo playing hf lately and that would only get worse on the weekend you’d think.
Soligo played most of the 1st half forward last week, then moved on to the wing for much of the 2nd half.

He has played much better football for us on a wing than up forward!

We are ruining our younger midfilders playing them mainly up forward, because we are playing too many midfielders v forwards & refusing to use significant rotations through the middle.

My betting is much more like Marty than Faith. I only bet on certainties.

Typically a much higher opinion of yourself than is warranted. Unless Laird, Sloane and Keays were roving to Schey, here’s a bet that you got wrong. How many have you actually made this year? At best you’re rolling 50%, bit must likely 0%.

So…..
After 4,000 posts are any of the big footy heroes willing to bet that Schey will not be in the centre square for the first bounce?

How about the loser has a 4 week break from Bigfooty?

I’m looking at you Bearded Clam.

Come on, you know we’re not. They couldn’t withstand the media onslaught of asking what more crouch needs to do. This is an entirely unsurprising selection. It fits perfectly with selection philosophy over the last 15 years. It’s in our DNA, we’re a piss-weak footy club.
Maybe so but Matt crouch makes us weaker and less of a chance to win

And what's more concerning, will the selection committee have it in them to drop Crouch again. I honestly can't get a read on what will happen next but what a waste having him come back the 2nd and 3rd time taking up a space that can be used to develop the junior players.

nope.

crouch will be there till the end of the year now..

just like ROB..

they sent rob back to the sanfl and he had a blinder.. so they bought him immediately back into the afl side. he played one good game in his first game back.. and he’s reverted back to his bog average garbage self ever since.

like I said.. the club is stuck in reverse.. forever looking in the rear vision mirror.

there is no rebuild.. there is a delusional hope that the older players will finally find their 2017 form again and the youth will mysteriously improve without being given the opportunity to actually do so.

the club needs another broom through it.

As I've said, the club continues with the habit of going back to what's failed in the past. We overreacted after the Saints game where accuracy was literally the difference, but the selectors blamed it on lack of experience and brought back Crouch. We pushed the then top of the table team last week but, again, back to Crouch we go for whatever reason. It's been proven multiple times this year that Crouch, Laird and Keays cannot work in the same midfield yet we keep going back there.

Even Himmelberg is in the emergencies ahead of McAsey. It makes no sense, Himmelberg will be delisted at season's end whereas McAsey is at least starting to show some signs as a foward. In the very least, he should be making the emergencies and there's no reason he shouldn't be.

Last week was the game Newchurch needed to come in to, you know, reward SANFL form like we've done with Crouch but, again, we went with a proven failed small forward in Murphy (Murphy's two goals were even given to him by Newchurch).
Our best mid performances in let 2 months have been with crouch out of the side

It makes little sense to select him

It's the Bryce Gibbs situation all over again.

Nicks is a moron.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only silver lining here lads is that Crouch gets to pad his stats to help get a juicy end of year trade for us and we hopefully lose to solidify our draft pick which then reinforces the failed selection.

:$

We’d be 1 of maybe 3 teams that would consider his current performance worthy of a contract. Unless we’re paying his full wage, he’s going nowhere.

The only silver lining here lads is that Crouch gets to pad his stats to help get a juicy end of year trade for us and we hopefully lose to solidify our draft pick which then reinforces the failed selection.

:$
He's likely to lower his trade value if he plays a typical 2022 game!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back