Preview Changes: R17 vs Hawthorn @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

The Crouch selection also hides the other s**t coaching move: Dawson in the back pocket still.

In 2021 we had Seed dominate a wing. We rightly seek more of that and recruit another guy who got 2nd in the BnF at the Swans on the wing. Seed sadly gets injured so we then play the guy who should be his direct replacement in a back pocket for 85% of the year? Great move Nicksy :rolleyes:

The Crouch selection also hides the other s**t coaching move: Dawson in the back pocket still.

In 2021 we had Seed dominate a wing. We rightly seek more of that and recruit another guy who got 2nd in the BnF at the Swans on the wing. Seed sadly gets injured so we then play the guy who should be his direct replacement in a back pocket for 85% of the year? Great move Nicksy :rolleyes:
Dumped guys like Sholl and Cook from the team too. It's another position that has offensive potential that's been turned into a defensive graveyard spot.

It's a Bizarro- good news/bad news situation, akin to the "Fair is foul, and foul is fair" contradictions of 'the Scottish play', which I have not named, not wishing to curse the Crows any more than they are.

Murphy dropped, good --- because he was woeful last week, bad --- McHenry is straight back in, as a like-for-like which is good inversely because he doesn't kick goals and will help us to lose, also proves Murphy should not have been selected last week (bad), also keeps out Cook/Newchurch (worse).
Dawson to back pocket, good (in Nicks' mind) because it fits in with Nicks' loss-margin minimisation strategy, bad because, well, everybody knows why (see many posts above).
Crouch selected, good (in Nicks' mind) because he brings experience and multiple midfield possessions and also good inversely because it will help us to lose (preserving a decent draft pick), bad because it hinders the midfield development of better-playing junior mids.

Nicksy, beware McRoo, beware the Thane of Crows; keep him happy at all costs. Enough.

Last edited:
Nicks liked our midfield mix the last few weeks. Why the * we would change it?

Sounds like Roo is getting too involved. Doesn't matter who the coach is with him calling the shots and influencing selection.

When does Roos reign on terror end?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Roo and Tex

I have no knowledge but I found it interesting Nicks says Tex may not play - Crouch is in - and Tex is playing

A tinfoil wearer might suggest Tex said to Nicks ' if ya dont pick Crouch after 2 good weeks then I might pull up sore''

Roo and Tex

I have no knowledge but I found it interesting Nicks says Tex may not play - Crouch is in - and Tex is playing

A tinfoil wearer might suggest Tex said to Nicks ' if ya dont pick Crouch after 2 good weeks then I might pull up sore''
Crouch as our new CHF lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roo and Tex

Reckon that’s going a bit far

What do you think about Nicks going for experience with Crouch?
If you actually read other posters, you would know
1) Before Round One I posted that Crouch should be required to play a month of good footy in the SANFL before he plays AFL (I made the same point about Milera, Brown and all other players coming back from long term injuries.

2) I wanted him dropped long before it happened.

3) I didn’t want him back in the AFL

Your point Notso Elite?

1) Before Round One I posted that Crouch should be required to play a month of good footy in the SANFL before he plays AFL (I made the same point about Milera, Brown and all other players coming back from long term injuries.

Your point Notso Elite?

Yeah, but did you though?

On Jake Kelly, he gots dropped after a win and having 20 disposals at 100%. Imagine the support he'd get from the usual suspects around here if his dropping was called based on him just not being the way forward?

Your point Notso Elite?
My point is Nicks resorted to experience. You’ve banged on like a FIGJAM Jack about how Nicks was choosing to play an inexperienced team and anyone who was critical of Nicks going for experience was off the mark. Without understanding that’s more to do with the makeup of the list.

Dawson doesn't actually line up in the back pocket, no matter what the graphic says, hasn't all year. He's switched between HBF, Wing, and HFF all year, with game time in that order.

This is in contrast to Chayce Jones, who almost exclusively lines up in the back pocket, yet the graphic erroneously says wing, while this forum still seems to think he's playing HBF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back