Votes: 4 8.9%
  • OUT: Stengle

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • IN: Ootiib C

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I love his aggression towards the ball, his marking, and his awesome kicking.

Sadly, a lot his ability to burst through like that is due to his size - which is arguably the biggest thing holding him back from having a fantastic AFL career.
Cripps??

Listening to Don's press conference yesterday, it sounds like there won't be many changes. Players responded strongly 😒 so it's hard to make too many changes 🤔

Lynch will be ready and when asked about Stengle, the response was someone has to go out, so we will discuss it. Decision made

In: Lynch
Out: Stengle

More experienced side, fantastic🙄

Yep, spot on.

No hate filled bile being directed at Ess players.
No drugs references.
No referring to Ess as *

Just respectful, considered, fair and realistic discussion.
Well done Crows board 👍
Cheers, We save most of our unreasonable discussion for the Carlton fans these days. But as Essendon fans im sure you have no issues with that.

So Browny looking unlikely who would be the option against Tippa. The natural instinct for the club would be Mackay but he couldn't hold Tippa or tackle him to save his life.

Scholl or Macpherson capable? Do they roll Harto across to him, or do you roll the dice and put Brad on him and make Tippa accountable?

Would love to see the club go with Ootiib C. Has the burst speed, strength and ball winning ability to be a problem for Essendon.

Hardly odd when it seems likely following Pyke's presser it's what will happen
Stengle kicks 3 gimme's against witches hatches and all of a sudden he's the answer
coaches must really rate him to give him his opportunity against GC
I hear what you're saying and two thirds agree. They were probably gimme goals in that he was unguarded when he got the ball, and against better teams he won't see any of that freedom, but apart from the goal from the square after the Sloane handball, he showed he can finish. You see so many of the wrong foot round-the-corner-side-on goals get fluffed by forwards but he casually slotted one of those and gave us a nice dribbler from a bit of an angle as well. The lad can play, but as you say he's not the answer, until he gets the opportunity to show us again and again, but he won't get that opportunity with Lynch ready and someone needing to come out of the side.

Hardly odd when it seems likely following Pyke's presser it's what will happen
Stengle kicks 3 gimme's against witches hatches and all of a sudden he's the answer

Nobody's saying he's "the answer" FFS, it's just that the forward line is very stale as is and adding Stengle to the mix will only help to alleviate that. Supporters have every right to be livid if a youngster kicks 3 goals in his Adelaide debut only to get immediately dropped thereafter when players like Mackay rarely make any positive contribution to the team's performance and stay in.

After the second half against Poort Pear we do not deserve to be smartarses against anyone, including the Suns. I have no idea how we will play, our best hope is a boring, grinding, low scoring win.

Essendon are playing good, fast moving footy, we have not played well against this style this year with the exception of our match against GWS at home. It would not surprise me if we are blown out of the water and I’m one of the more optimistic posters on this Board (imho).

we are limping to victories atm - sooner or later our injuries are going to hit us hard. Will be tough to get over Crows at home...

So Browny looking unlikely who would be the option against Tippa. The natural instinct for the club would be Mackay but he couldn't hold Tippa or tackle him to save his life.

Scholl or Macpherson capable? Do they roll Harto across to him, or do you roll the dice and put Brad on him and make Tippa accountable?

Would love to see the club go with Ootiib C. Has the burst speed, strength and ball winning ability to be a problem for Essendon.
0.0 chance they would
1. Promote either Scholl or McP for their first game
2. And if they did, there’s even less chance they would go the best forward.

Hartigan/Kelly better match ups even if Brown is fit. If he’s not the bigger question is who will go to Fantasia who was a more likely match up for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to win at least three of our last six games to make the finals. After the second half against Poort Pear is anyone willing to bet their house on this?

Despite the odds, Poort are more of a chance to win the flag this year than us. Their best footy can beat top four teams whereas we are consistently very ordinary. We joked that Poort beat up on poor teams last year but couldn’t beat anyone in the top Eight. Guess what?
Unfortunately, I think you are right. On the odd occasion we play 'our best', we win, but we never play 'our best' against top teams...they don't let us. We played really well v Geelong and GWS in 2017 finals, but 2 years is a long time in football and lots has changed. I'm just not sure our style has

At his size, that's not going to change with the switch to AFL.

He's not 185-186 cm coming into a league where everyone is at the same size. Put him in the midfield, and he'd still be one of the biggest and strongest players there in the league.
He'd also be slower than most of the other mids, and would run out of puff before half time.

IMO, he's carrying too much muscle bulk. The excess weight is slowing him down, reducing his agility, and limiting his endurance. If he drops 4-5kg of muscle bulk, then I think he has every chance of making the transition from SANFL to AFL.

0.0 chance they would
1. Promote either Scholl or McP for their first game
2. And if they did, there’s even less chance they would go the best forward.

Hartigan/Kelly better match ups even if Brown is fit. If he’s not the bigger question is who will go to Fantasia who was a more likely match up for him
I got the impression Brown will go to Fantasia, leaving Laird or Kelly on Tippa. Tippa's so hot and cold though, it will either be an easy win, or he'll break the game open.

If Brown is out, expect Douglas to come in and McKay to utilise his flexibility and play HB and show us the elite run and carry

Might work the opposite way sadly.

Lynch, a slow non-defensive player, will come in. Unlikely that JJ, Tex, Greenwood will be dropped (until CEY returns).

So 1 of the 4 rotating smaller forwards will be likely removed from their role and Stengle is the worst of the 4 defensively.

I wouldn’t drop him but I think it will happen.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Is he worse than Betts defensively? I don't have stats, but expect Eddie's F50 pressure acts would be at an all time low this year

Nobody's saying he's "the answer" FFS, it's just that the forward line is very stale as is and adding Stengle to the mix will only help to alleviate that. Supporters have every right to be livid if a youngster kicks 3 goals in his Adelaide debut only to get immediately dropped thereafter when players like Mackay rarely make any positive contribution to the team's performance and stay in.
Mackay's position and role in the side has nothing to do with the forward line & therefore has no relevance to Stengle.
Pyke & the coaches will choose the best forward line to win. If that means Stengle is immediately dropped after kicking 3 goals in his debut, so be it.

Is getting lynch back actually a good thing? Always takes 6 weeks to get going anyway.

He's kind of the opposite to that.

Missed round 10 this year - back in with 26 disposals, 13 marks and 3 goals v Melbourne in Darwin
Missed rounds 12-15 last year - back in with 19 touches and 8 marks v Richmond at the G, then 22 with 4 goals the next week at home to Geelong
Missed rounds 1-2 last year - back in with 21 touches and 5 marks.
Missed rounds 15-16 in 2007 - back in with 27, 11, 3 goals and 3 Brownlow votes v Melbourne in Darwin.

Mackay's position and role in the side has nothing to do with the forward line & therefore has no relevance to Stengle.
Pyke & the coaches will choose the best forward line to win. If that means Stengle is immediately dropped after kicking 3 goals in his debut, so be it.

I'm sure Mackay's customary ~15 disposals a week, most of which consist of running for 5 metres and kicking to a pack on the wing is so valuable that we'd lose out on replacing him with a forward.

Back