Votes: 4 8.9%
  • OUT: Stengle

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • IN: Ootiib C

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

A greatly underrated skill of a forward in the AFL is the ability to be in the right place at the right time. Watching Stengle in the Twos, he has this in spades. It’s easy to say that he kicks easy goals but he naturally knows where to go to get shots on goal. IMHO Murphy is a better all round player but Stengle is likely to kick more goals. I would prefer to bring in Lynch (if fit) for Knight.

I have been pumping up Hamill, Sholl and Butts since the first trial match but I don’t think they are ready, I believe that McPherson could step straight into the defensive medium/small defender to replace Luke Brown if required (pity he was sick/flu? last week).He is a good mark, know when to spoil, is quickish (not as quick as Hamill) and is pretty reliable with his disposal.

As much as I would like to see Bran Nue Mackae line up against the Roosters, I am even keener to see Milera and Smith play significant minutes in the midfield.

So......

In - Lynch
Out - Knight

Mackay's position and role in the side has nothing to do with the forward line & therefore has no relevance to Stengle.
Pyke & the coaches will choose the best forward line to win. If that means Stengle is immediately dropped after kicking 3 goals in his debut, so be it.
I agree with this selection philosophy...we can't be too concerned about a hard luck story when a top 10 player comes back in.

That's why I'd ditch Knight this week.

A greatly underrated skill of a forward in the AFL is the ability to be in the right place at the right time. Watching Stengle in the Twos, he has this in spades. It’s easy to say that he kicks easy goals but he naturally knows where to go to get shots on goal. IMHO Murphy is a better all round player but Stengle is likely to kick more goals. I would prefer to bring in Lynch (if fit) for Knight.

I have been pumping up Hamill, Sholl and Butts since the first trial match but I don’t think they are ready, I believe that McPherson could step straight into the defensive medium/small defender to replace Luke Brown if required (pity he was sick/flu? last week).He is a good mark, know when to spoil, is quickish (not as quick as Hamill) and is pretty reliable with his disposal.

As much as I would like to see Bran Nue Mackae line up against the Roosters, I am even keener to see Milera and Smith play significant minutes in the midfield.

So......

In - Lynch
Out - Knight
Could we not simply rotate Milera/Smith from the back half instead of forward? Like everyone, I'm dead keen for them to stay in midfield rotations.

What staggers me is the comments from the coaching staff indicating this is somewhat of a revelation to them to increase the midfield minutes of players with more speed and skill to improve the balance! Welcome to Big Footy circa 2015 onwards.

Would love to see the club go with Ootiib C. Has the burst speed, strength and ball winning ability to be a problem for Essendon.

Yes, would love the club to debut Ootiib C. I remember when we picked him up with pick #6.02214179*10^23 from Alpha Centauri Football Club. Having grown up in slightly higher gravity he's a bit stronger; being twelve foot tall with six arms helps too.

I know the flight to Perth is usually a drag but with Warp Speed and a decent new Gravity Pump, Ootiib could be here in half an hour.

Just hoping if Lynch comes in it is not Stengle who makes way. He has finishing skills and forward craft that others lack and the team needs at the moment.

Would love to see Mackay make way, keep Milera and Smith with stints in the middle for same pace and class, and bring in either Jones, Galluci or even Fogarty for some youthful exuberance and genuine talent.

We will need to be at our best to be a chance this week against Essendon. They are a good side and are in form. Will be a big match.

Could we not simply rotate Milera/Smith from the back half instead of forward? Like everyone, I'm dead keen for them to stay in midfield rotations.

What staggers me is the comments from the coaching staff indicating this is somewhat of a revelation to them to increase the midfield minutes of players with more speed and skill to improve the balance! Welcome to Big Footy circa 2015 onwards.

Playing Smith /Milera off HBF and midfield instead of Mackay seems pretty obvious.
If Lynch is to play, drop Mackay.
Even if Lynch doesn't play, drop Mackay :)

Yes, would love the club to debut Ootiib C. I remember when we picked him up with pick #6.02214179*10^23 from Alpha Centauri Football Club. Having grown up in slightly higher gravity he's a bit stronger; being twelve foot tall with six arms helps too.

I know the flight to Perth is usually a drag but with Warp Speed and a decent new Gravity Pump, Ootiib could be here in half an hour.

We haven't even played Ootiib A or B yet, why would go with Ootiib C first? It's madness.

We haven't even played Ootiib A or B yet, why would go with Ootiib C first? It's madness.

Ootiib C was the first of his tribe to steal the homestone from the insectoid Priest-Kings of Gor, so I suspect that weighed pretty heavily in the selector's minds, or at least more than his exposed SANFL form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh yeah. I forgot about that.

Just realised you're running at a greater than 5:1 like-to-post ratio

That might be a site record

giphy.gif

So......

In - Lynch
Out - Knight
Lynch in yes. But for Mackay

Unfortunately, I think you are right. On the odd occasion we play 'our best', we win, but we never play 'our best' against top teams...they don't let us. We played really well v Geelong and GWS in 2017 finals, but 2 years is a long time in football and lots has changed. I'm just not sure our style has
Our style HAS changed. It's just less watchable now, and the team isn't as good as it was.

He's kind of the opposite to that.

Missed round 10 this year - back in with 26 disposals, 13 marks and 3 goals v Melbourne in Darwin
Missed rounds 12-15 last year - back in with 19 touches and 8 marks v Richmond at the G, then 22 with 4 goals the next week at home to Geelong
Missed rounds 1-2 last year - back in with 21 touches and 5 marks.
Missed rounds 15-16 in 2007 - back in with 27, 11, 3 goals and 3 Brownlow votes v Melbourne in Darwin.
Lol thanks for that.

I've always thought he takes a while to get going at the start of the season. Didn't know he was so good at mid season come backs.

Carry on

Your forward line will be to much for us to handle without Hurley, even if we had him I anticipate you getting on top in the middle which should lead to you having a win.

I predict we'll be there or there abouts around 3/4 time before you kick 4 or 5 last quarter ones to put us away.

Back