Votes: 4 8.9%
  • OUT: Stengle

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • IN: Ootiib C

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

And neither is Stengle.....Tom Lynch is an absolute elite runner by the way.
Ahh , are you saying we have elite runners?

I think Essendon has us for speed which is why I dont think Lynch is going to be much benefit to balance that. I agree Stengle is never going to be a quick player but in the balance of selection I keep Stengle over Lynch having a run in the SANFL

Ahh , are you saying we have elite runners?

I think Essendon has us for speed which is why I dont think Lynch is going to be much benefit to balance that. I agree Stengle is never going to be a quick player but in the balance of selection I keep Stengle over Lynch having a run in the SANFL
Not me, Lynch over Stengle is a no brainer.

Fourth-oldest Crows team ever and the oldest since round 16, 2006. The difference between then and now is that we were actually contending for a flag whereas we're currently a middle of the round team merely making up numbers. This team missed its chance in 2016-17 (I consider 2016 as much as a missed opportunity as 2017) yet the coaches seem to think we're in contention when results illustrate we are a fair way off it. Our youngsters don't need to play 22 games a year, but they need to get some game time to ease their way into the AFL and not to have all of them rushed in at once in a couple of years when the 2016-17 core all retire. Stengle needed to play again in a more high-pressure game rather than a training run to really get him a good taste of the highest level.

Last edited:
Fourth-oldest Crows team ever and the oldest since round 16, 2006. The difference between then and now is that we were actually contending for a flag whereas we're currently a middle of the round team merely making up numbers. This team missed it's chance in 2016-17 (I consider 2016 as much as a missed opportunity as 2017) yet the coaches seem to think we're in contention when results illustrate we are a fair way off it. Our youngsters don't need to play 22 games a year, but they need to get some game time to ease their way into the AFL and not to have all of them rushed in at once in a couple of years when the 2016-17 core all retire. Stengle needed to play again in a more high-pressure game rather than a training run to really get him a good taste of the highest level.
That’s ****ed

I’m watching the Gold Coast game and it’s approaching half time and I can’t recall a Mackay possession. How does he keep getting a game?
He ended up with 18 didn't he ?? Not sure how.

I am not surprised with the change. If Lynch comes in, the obvious player to miss is either Stengle, Knight or Murphy. I would have opted for Knight but he does offer different qualities than our three small forwards (Betts, Murphy and Stengle).

I have rarely if ever been surprised by our selections this year, we believe in Evolution not Revolution. Don takes a logical approach and picks the team he expects to have the best chance of winning each week.

Moving Milera into the midfield is not a new thing, the signs were there at the start of the season despite his excellent form off half back in 2018. We have nibbled at playing Brodie Smith in the midfield this year, he has often been moved onto the wing in the fourth quarter plus a few squirts as an inside mid. Many posters have been calling for these changes since Don arrived and I see this as a good thing. Unfortunately Milera has had an interrupted year with minor injuries and he doesn’t have the tank to play as a full time mid.

The irony is that these moves have been to the benefit of Bran Nue Mackae. IMHO Butts, Sholl and Hamill are not ready yet (although I really like all three of them). McPherson is very close but after finally getting a solid run of games in the Twos he misses with sickness last week.

My concern this week is we have too many players under an injury cloud (Brown, Keath, Smith) or underdone (Lynch, Milera, Greenwood). My greatest long term concern is we focus too much on winning the next game rather than building a side that can challenge for the flag. It’s all about Evolution.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fourth-oldest Crows team ever and the oldest since round 16, 2006. The difference between then and now is that we were actually contending for a flag whereas we're currently a middle of the round team merely making up numbers. This team missed it's chance in 2016-17 (I consider 2016 as much as a missed opportunity as 2017) yet the coaches seem to think we're in contention when results illustrate we are a fair way off it. Our youngsters don't need to play 22 games a year, but they need to get some game time to ease their way into the AFL and not to have all of them rushed in at once in a couple of years when the 2016-17 core all retire. Stengle needed to play again in a more high-pressure game rather than a training run to really get him a good taste of the highest level.

We are the new North Melbourne

This weeks AFL team selections by average age & games played:
Adelaide : 26 yrs 9 months - 117.3 games
Essendon : 24 yrs 11 months - 81.5 games
Richmond : 25 yrs 7 months - 110 games
Port Power : 25 yrs 11 months - 109.9 games
Carlton : 25 yrs 0 months - 97 games
Gold Coast 24 yrs 0 months - 77.9 games
GWS : 25 yrs 9 months - 95.9 games
Collingwood : 25 yrs 7 months - 110.1 games
Fremantle : 25 yrs 3 months - 93.7 games
Sydney : 23 yrs 6 months - 72.6 games
Brisbane : 25 yrs 3 months : 101.5 games
North Melbourne : 26 yrs 2 months - 114.8 games
Geelong : 26 yrs 5 months - 122.5 games
Hawthorn : 26 yrs 9 months - 126.9 games
Melbourne : 25 yrs 0 months - 81.6 games
West Coast : 25 yrs 6 months - 106.2 games
St.Kilda :24 yrs 4 months - 68.5 games
Western Bulldogs : 24 yrs 10 months - 88.4 games

Just realised you're running at a greater than 5:1 like-to-post ratio

That might be a site record

giphy.gif

Marty disagrees 😂

Our club believes success means making the finals. I believe it'sabout premierships.

Just making finals is like dancing with your sister. It feels great and all, but it doesn't mean a lot

This would have been more relevant if we weren't entering into a Grand Final as heavy favorites 21 months ago. Our club hired Phil Walsh and he constantly stated from the beginning that it was all about 2017.

Honestly -I am not sure why people are upset this year. The new AFL has shown that the a team hitting their straps at the right time of year with continuity in their side is every chance of winning the flag.

We have absolutely no reason not to play an older side and try and win the flag. Our core group is on the wrong side of 29 and this year we had ZERO benefit to finishing down the ladder.

This is an absolutely huge match for us. If we win we could be one game out of 3rd (if results go our way) with our next two games against the 17th and 16th teams. With the way our season is set up - we should not have a concern at all about 2020. All in.

I had to laugh at Hart tonight when discussing Milera and Smith in the middle, “we like a bit of speed in there”.

Really since when? Since you’ve worked out the same set up you’ve had for the last 3 years isn’t going to cut it? Since you were embarrassed by a s**t side?

This pisses me off. They guys are paid a s**t load to be gurus and yet they are clueless and take years to get what some of us got years ago. That’s why lines like “the coaches know best” is a joke. s**t coaches are just s**t coaches.

They’re an incompetent but comfortable group that rate each other highly. It’s no different to the attitude at board level.

I bet he has won a few coaches awards in his time

He sure has, best trainer or some similar type accolade. Sadly has never translated to a top 15 b&f on votes per game. Great trainer, very poor AFL footballer. That he’s played so many games is an embarrassment to all coaches at our club that picked him, except Neil Craig.

Just saw the change - ridiculous. We know Knight will fall of a cliff again after his initial recall energy wears off and he actually plays a decent team. He or Mackay should have made way.

Back