Votes: 4 8.9%
  • OUT: Stengle

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • IN: Ootiib C

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Our fourth oldest team ever and we haven't even been able to squeeze Douglas, Jacobs and Gibbs in there.

I'm confident we'll break that record

Usually with an older team you would have a few stars like Roo, Mcleod, Edwards, Goodwin etc winding down towards retirement. Instead we are carrying players like Mackay and Douglas (from earlier this month).

Usually with an older team you would have a few stars like Roo, Mcleod, Edwards, Goodwin etc winding down towards retirement. Instead we are carrying players like Mackay and Douglas (from earlier this month).

Exactly, you can understand when it’s club champions. I can understand why it was too hard for them to drop Thommo in the last half of 2016 when he could barely run. I can understand why it would be uncomfortable for them having Sauce play 2s. But with plonkers like Dougie and Mackay it should be deadset easy. Mackay should be the easiest of all our average 200 gamers because his only season of quality was over 150 games ago. It beggars belief, it really does.

Dont get it. Al we had to do is Lynch for Mackay. Seeds then goes to half back. Lynch to the wing as the connector. Allows our three smalls to stay together.

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. ‘Shuffling’ is only done to keep or get senior players into the side. We don’t shuffle if it moves a senior player out of the side, regardless of how average they’re going. It’s that simple.

Dont get it. Al we had to do is Lynch for Mackay. Seeds then goes to half back. Lynch to the wing as the connector. Allows our three smalls to stay together.

Even easier, all we had to do was move Smith/Milera to half back when they weren’t mid/wing.

But obviously the teams algorithm for mid rotations can’t include defence so it’s impossible.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree with the posters who are commenting on how little they care. Can't even find the interest to be upset by this.

Our coaches and club are remarkable in one way and one way only: their capacity to remain loyal to a group of players who not only have repeatedly failed, but went so far as to quit on us two weeks ago in a game against the cross town rivals in front of the home supporter base. Accommodating them, to the long term detriment of the club, is the priority.

Reading over the last few pages, it's just turned to DMac bashing. I trust he's not on BF.

I'm preferring to focus on the dropping of Stengle. Why bring him in last week at all?

I think Don's reading too much (i.e. anything) into last week. It's irrelevant, means nothing. It was less valuable than training form.

And BTW, our 2 ins last week had poor games. One hardly got near it, and everytime he did he went for a 1-2 to pad the stats sheet, the other couldn't hit the side of a barn, and was very indecisive

People keep banging on about how we're not playing the young'uns and we're old with no development plan.

Total BS.

We've played all our draftees from the last 3 years for a combined total of 42 games this year.

Excluding the Murphy and Gooch, (16 and 10 respectively) that's a total of 16 games of experience for our last 3 classes, invested into our club's future success.

Can we now accept that we are totes playing youth and move on?

Fog and Jones are being kept eligible for 2020 rising star so we can prove how good our youth are development is.

We will only drop Mackay after several weeks of poor form coupled with someone playing exceptionally well in the SANFL. But when it comes to recall, if he has 1 good game they rush him back immediately. Mackay has been bad since his recall and deserves to have been dropped before Stengle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People keep banging on about how we're not playing the young'uns and we're old with no development plan.

Total BS.

We've played all our draftees from the last 3 years for a combined total of 42 games this year.

Excluding the Murphy and Gooch, (16 and 10 respectively) that's a total of 16 games of experience for our last 3 classes, invested into our club's future success.

Can we now accept that we are totes playing youth and move on?

Fog and Jones are being kept eligible for 2020 rising star so we can prove how good our youth are development is.

Geelong, sitting top of the ladder, have played their draftees from the last 3 years a combined total of 148 games

We are the new North Melbourne
Or St Kilda. Lyon and Pyke are very similar. Lyon ran the team into the ground by overpaying old players and not developing a team and look at them now. They are ****ed for the next 10 years.

This would have been more relevant if we weren't entering into a Grand Final as heavy favorites 21 months ago. Our club hired Phil Walsh and he constantly stated from the beginning that it was all about 2017.

Honestly -I am not sure why people are upset this year. The new AFL has shown that the a team hitting their straps at the right time of year with continuity in their side is every chance of winning the flag.

We have absolutely no reason not to play an older side and try and win the flag. Our core group is on the wrong side of 29 and this year we had ZERO benefit to finishing down the ladder.

This is an absolutely huge match for us. If we win we could be one game out of 3rd (if results go our way) with our next two games against the 17th and 16th teams. With the way our season is set up - we should not have a concern at all about 2020. All in.
Who have we beaten away that's quality this year? Have we played anyone of quality away for that matter? I rest my case. Geelong i nearly forgot. If you think we can win the flag you obviously don't watch our matches. This delusional thinking by supporters and more worryingly our head coach will get the club nowhere. We will be lucky to make finals with a dream draw. What match committee is currently doing is bloody disgraceful and their current actions are that of an average middle of the road club that hasn't won a flag for over 20 years. The argument that by playing our drafted talent who the club believed were better than every other kid in the land at that pick would be worse than playing the likes of Mackay, Knight, Murphy, Atkins is just plain wrong. I wonder why we draft, they may as well use our picks on trading in 27 year olds to have some confidence in the player.

Last edited:
Agree with the posters who are commenting on how little they care. Can't even find the interest to be upset by this.

Our coaches and club are remarkable in one way and one way only: their capacity to remain loyal to a group of players who not only have repeatedly failed, but went so far as to quit on us two weeks ago in a game against the cross town rivals in front of the home supporter base. Accommodating them, to the long term detriment of the club, is the priority.
Do you truly believe that or are you just taking the piss

Pyke only chooses those who he believes will help the team win this week and come finals this year

To say it's for those reasons you mentioned is actually him foil hat stuff

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back