Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rezagun

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Dmac is an elite trainer. Always has been. Gameday is totally different. Anybody thats been around footy clubs has seen it. The kid that looks like a rolls royce gliding around the park, every kick hits a target, runs the lines well etc.. then on gameday cant get near it because he isnt strong enough or doesnt have the ability to win a one on one contest. Im not saying mackay cant win a 50/50 ball but we saw what young darcy parish did to him a couple of years ago. Its incredible hes survived this long through different coaches and playing groups. For a player of his experience it is embarrasing what he dishes up week after week without any reprecussions.
Playing youth isnt smart it seems to our coaches. They value a non statistical role as long as they protect the zone or run to the right spots.
Giving young players game experience and continuity is essential for their development. Confidence is king.
We will never win anything while these douches run the club. Kids with real talent that every other club in the league would be playing continue to be played out of position in the sanfl or left to rot there.
Fogarty, Jones, Mchenry, Stengle, Mcadam, Himmelberg.
They are the future of our club and apart from Himmelberg none of them wouldve played more than 3 in a row at afl level. We can carry douglas and mackay but we cant carry a jones or a stengle.
This club is a joke.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
I’m all for dropping MacKay, I would be ecstatic if he never played again but I just don’t See how the forward line works if you drop MacKay for Lynch.

Betts, Stengle, Murphy with Lynch, Walker and Jenkins just doesn’t work.
I’d switch Murphy into mookays position and Lynch to Murphy’s spot in the forward line..

Murphy knows how to play back and would provide more than what mookay does.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Dmac is an elite trainer. Always has been. Gameday is totally different. Anybody thats been around footy clubs has seen it. The kid that looks like a rolls royce gliding around the park, every kick hits a target, runs the lines well etc.. then on gameday cant get near it because he isnt strong enough or doesnt have the ability to win a one on one contest. Im not saying mackay cant win a 50/50 ball but we saw what young darcy parish did to him a couple of years ago. Its incredible hes survived this long through different coaches and playing groups. For a player of his experience it is embarrasing what he dishes up week after week without any reprecussions.
Playing youth isnt smart it seems to our coaches. They value a non statistical role as long as they protect the zone or run to the right spots.
Giving young players game experience and continuity is essential for their development. Confidence is king.
We will never win anything while these douches run the club. Kids with real talent that every other club in the league would be playing continue to be played out of position in the sanfl or left to rot there.
Fogarty, Jones, Mchenry, Stengle, Mcadam, Himmelberg.
They are the future of our club and apart from Himmelberg none of them wouldve played more than 3 in a row at afl level. We can carry douglas and mackay but we cant carry a jones or a stengle.
This club is a joke.
As a general observation it can work the opposite too.

I’ve seen kids train like contested beasts, always winning the ball when the coach throws it to a 1/1.

Yet that same kid in a game has no positioning awareness so can’t get near it, chases the game all day. Useless.

I’d almost go as far to say that great trainers who are great players are prob in the minority

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Just making finals is like dancing with your sister. It feels great and all, but it doesn't mean a lot
When you dance with your sister, it feels great?? :astonished: :D

Edit: sorry, just saw this from your ninja fingers:
Dancing with your sister feels great?
:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

(I danced with his sister. It felt great. :))

Last edited:
May 20, 2001
Kufa, Iraq
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Banhammer Big House Under 70s
Our club believes success means making the finals. I believe it's about premierships.

Just making finals is like dancing with your sister. It feels great and all, but it doesn't mean a lot
You haven't seen my sister:devil:

I've always thought if you make the finals anything can happen... despite form,odds,etc.
But this year I've thrown that theory out the window unless of course we can win our last games.(Eagles Pies Dogs)

Every coach seems to love Dmac so he must be doing a lot that they like. My own Dad and Brother the other week were talking to my nephews and using Mackay as an example to them about how hard he works and how he does everything the coach asks of him and that’s why he’s played 200 games. So let your kids know to be good and Do as your told by the coach. You will then play a lot of games

I agree. We've definitely tried to make Mackay a cultural thing. The definition of how hard work pays off.

The problem is Mackay is the opposite, he is the poster boy for that no matter how hard you work, if you are not talented enough, it's never going to happen.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

I've always thought if you make the finals anything can happen... despite form,odds,etc.
But this year I've thrown that theory out the window unless of course we can win our last games.(Eagles Pies Dogs)
That's what you think! ;)

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

"Anything" only happens if you start to play with amazing intent, desperation and teamwork. Unfortunately I haven't seen us play like that for years. Occasionally we do in a showdown, but that's about it.

When was the last time you saw one of our players diving across the boot of an opposition player, diving to tackle or to block for a team mate? That amazing pressure Richmond forwards put on defenders, or the team wide front on pressure Collingwood put on teams back in 2010? Defensively chasing an opponent at full speed for the length of the ground, knowing there is only a 1% chance they will get the ball.

In 2017, we played great attacking footy, but defensively, we have never been a team that puts everything on the line, and I think this 'comfortable' selection policy reflects in the way we play.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
"Anything" only happens if you start to play with amazing intent, desperation and teamwork. Unfortunately I haven't seen us play like that for years. Occasionally we do in a showdown, but that's about it.

When was the last time you saw one of our players diving across the boot of an opposition player, diving to tackle or to block for a team mate? That amazing pressure Richmond forwards put on defenders, or the team wide front on pressure Collingwood put on teams back in 2010? Defensively chasing an opponent at full speed for the length of the ground, knowing there is only a 1% chance they will get the ball.
Multiple times in any given match.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fourth-oldest Crows team ever and the oldest since round 16, 2006. The difference between then and now is that we were actually contending for a flag whereas we're currently a middle of the round team merely making up numbers. This team missed it's chance in 2016-17 (I consider 2016 as much as a missed opportunity as 2017) yet the coaches seem to think we're in contention when results illustrate we are a fair way off it. Our youngsters don't need to play 22 games a year, but they need to get some game time to ease their way into the AFL and not to have all of them rushed in at once in a couple of years when the 2016-17 core all retire. Stengle needed to play again in a more high-pressure game rather than a training run to really get him a good taste of the highest level.

There is no plan to win a flag, just a plan to be competitive.

I hope to christ feenix67 and co asked this question, because it is blatantly obvious from the outside.

There is no plan to win a flag, just a plan to be competitive.

I hope to christ feenix67 and co asked this question, because it is blatantly obvious from the outside.

Yup. Screams of people being scared of their jobs security as much as anything else right now.

Do you truly believe that or are you just taking the piss

Pyke only chooses those who he believes will help the team win this week and come finals this year

To say it's for those reasons you mentioned is actually him foil hat stuff

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

The really amazing thing about your posting is that you don't ever make a decent point by accident.

Surely the odds of that never happening are astronomical.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Agree with the posters who are commenting on how little they care. Can't even find the interest to be upset by this.

Our coaches and club are remarkable in one way and one way only: their capacity to remain loyal to a group of players who not only have repeatedly failed, but went so far as to quit on us two weeks ago in a game against the cross town rivals in front of the home supporter base. Accommodating them, to the long term detriment of the club, is the priority.

Very well stated mate.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Mattner (who I rate) is on with AA right now just nailed it;

"Trying to get as many defenders as I can into the team of 18 - had to send a few forward because of how well they're going. Nah, Nah. It's good to see those guys playing in different positions, we've got Kelly back there, Mackay playing his role, and Luke Brown playing well back there. THEY ARE IN OUR BEST 22, SO IF THEY FIT IN THE TEAM, WE CAN SHUFFLE THEM AROUND, AND THEN THAT IS A BIG WIN FOR US."

Confirms what we thought. Aside from a couple of key posts - it is basic a pre-set best 22, and we shuffle them all over the field to make it work. What a s**t theory.

He also praised Mackay for being so good in defense, and providing so much run and carry (since ******* when).

Back