Preview Changes: R18 v Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think fog had the tank for Brisbane weather. Although the speed of the game and a inform Eddy suits him.

Ten goal Tommy will be in his prime. Will feed the goose(JJ) out the back.
Going to be one of our colder day/nights Saturday 19 maximum down to an overnight of 7.

I think Talia in May be the only change.

I would be inclined to push Hartigan or Doedee forward. I think they would provide good forward pressure and are both pretty mobile.

It may also help to keep some flexibility in our defensive stocks given Brisbane’s young tall and mobile forwards.

Well the thing is that our 4 best mids (if you include seedsman) are equal or better than beams.

Beams is a class above his teammates.

My point is valid. They can't hold our forwards. Not with thier midfield.

Then there's our defense. Laird and brown means as much as they have to run back to help out thier defense . They gonna have need to run forward to score.

Otten offsets any damage caused by Walker's bullshit suspension.

You clearly don't have a clue, Beams is an absolute A grader, Zorko is an absolute A grader, McCluggage and Berry after good rookie seasons have gone to the next level this season and are two of the best young mids in the Competition and all are quicker than any of our current mids. Robinson very underrated and tough, Mathieson is a tough inside mid that just finds the pill. Stefan Martin one of the form Ruckmen in the AFL. Destroyed Mitchell, O'Meara and Shiels in Tassie on the weekend.

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/...ins-shocking-haircuts-max-gawn-charlie-chance

While the experience of Dayne Beams, Dayne Zorko, Mitch Robinson and Daniel Rich were all important, a lot of the credit for Brisbane's latest win has to go to their younger brigade. Last year's No. 1 draft pick Cam Rayner -- along with 2016's No. 3 and No. 17 selections Hugh McCluggage and Jarrod Berry -- was enormous for Brisbane, showing signs that the Lions are on the fast-track to a successful rebuild.
Rayner kicked three goals from his 19 possessions including a critical major late in the game that gave his team valuable breathing space. McCluggage and Berry were both prolific in the midfield, combining for 53 disposals, 10 tackles, nine marks while both kicking goals.

Last edited:

Said to a friend, it's odd that we only seem to really use Knight on Selwood. Knight's proving quite effective at the role and we should look to use him more often to annoy the hell out of elite mids.

Love the dynamic of having Murphy, Knight and Gallucci to apply pressure, but the squeeze is well and truly on now! Ideally, Kelly is probably the first one to drop out, but we still have Gov and Douglas to come back. Then there's the whole Mackay and potentially Smith scenario. You'd hope Mackay doesn't walk back into the side, but regardless it looks as if one of Gallucci/Murhpy might drop out too in order to squeeze Gov and Douglas back.
Thats hilarious, I was just commenting on almost the exact same problem with Dougy at the exact same time. Yeah that squeeze for spots is very real now! And unfortunately for Dougy and Dmac they are in the position of outside looking in.

Dropping young guys, who are playing well for older players who were playing inconsistent footy prior to missing several weeks is a very tough call!

AFL
In - Talia
Out - Walker
SANFL
In- Smith, McGovern
Out - Launer, Hadden

teams
F Betts Keath Murphy
Hf Lynch Jenkins Knight
C Atkins Sloane Seedsman
Hb Laird Talia Milera
B Brown Hartigan Doedee
Ruck
Jacobs
Gibbs
Crouch

Inter - Gallucci, Cheney, Greenwood, Kelly

F Jarman Fogarty Davis
Hf Poholke McGovern Signorello
C Smith Wilson Boyle
Hb Leigh Himmelberg Venning
B Davey Loneragan Asfaha
Ruck
Hunter
Gibson
Cey

Inter - Marini, Irlam, Theraldsen

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...y/news-story/483a01d65aa64af1d038a61b04c525e4

Interesting.

If McG is fit.

I'd go
In: Talia, Douglas and McGovern
Out: Walker, Kelly and Hartigan

I'd leave Keath in for another week, I'd like to see him settle a bit, I think that mobile athletic talls are the dynamic advantage that sets sides apart. I think that Harto looks a little outa sorts. Dougie in for Kelly down back, I really didn't like how he killed our drives out of halfback/wing, he was like the antithesis of Lynch and what he brings to the side.

What comes after this week though is interesting. I think that we looked so much better with our mosquito fleet of Gooch, Murphy and Knight. Ferocious and attacking is what they bring and what we need and does that setup work with Walker, JJ and Gov all in the side.

Longer the week goes the more I believe there will 3 changes. more so with Douglas and Gov pushing
Forgety/Gov in for Walker. 50/50 call if Gov is fit.
Talia in for Either Keath/Hardigan most likely Keith,
Douglas In for Kelly. we need that extra contested ball player who can play on the outside.

And this week changes will be the easy ones. Who goes out for Walker next week if Gov plays this week.

Tex after hearing he was out for the week:
“Woo Hoo! I won’t have to put up with 2 corkies and sprig marks in my back I get every time I play against Luke Hodge”

I’d hold off with Talia, bring him back against Dees, fully fit to destroy their talls.

If we can’t beat Bris without him given the amount of coverage we have across the ground at the moment then playing finals shouldn’t even be in the equation.

Thats hilarious, I was just commenting on almost the exact same problem with Dougy at the exact same time. Yeah that squeeze for spots is very real now! And unfortunately for Dougy and Dmac they are in the position of outside looking in.

Dropping young guys, who are playing well for older players who were playing inconsistent footy prior to missing several weeks is a very tough call!
Yet the Crows selection panel have been doing this exact thing for the last 10 years ... has the penny finally dropped ? i doubt it

Really?
Beams, Zorko, Berry, Robinson, McCluggage and Mathieson looks pretty bloody good to me. Pantsed the Hawks mids Mitchell, O'Meara, Shiels etc 44 - 29 in Clearances AWAY on the weekend, they stack up pretty well against us. Stefan Martin vs Sauce is a difficult assignment too. Hodge returns makes them stronger too.
Spot on , and they move the ball as quickly as anyone in the comp when in possession which can expose our lack of pace to cover .
They are a dangerous match up for us and they are up and about .

Yet the Crows selection panel have been doing this exact thing for the last 10 years ... has the penny finally dropped ? i doubt it
Killer Burn Dude!!!
giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You clearly don't have a clue, Beams is an absolute A grader, Zorko is an absolute A grader, McCluggage and Berry after good rookie seasons have gone to the next level this season and are two of the best young mids in the Competition and all are quicker than any of our current mids. Robinson very underrated and tough, Mathieson is a tough inside mid that just finds the pill. Stefan Martin one of the form Ruckmen in the AFL. Destroyed Mitchell, O'Meara and Shiels in Tassie on the weekend.

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/...ins-shocking-haircuts-max-gawn-charlie-chance

You've said Brisbane have a better midfield than us. You're saying zorko Robinson rich and a few rookies are all better than Sloane gibbs seedsman and crouch

You are some troll

You've said Brisbane have a better midfield than us. You're saying zorko Robinson rich and a few rookies are all better than Sloane gibbs seedsman and crouch

You are some troll
And you're clueless, for starters Beams and Zorko are having far superior 2018 seasons than any of our established mids in Crouch, Sloane and Gibbs and Berry, McCluggage and Robinson as a group are clearly outperforming our 2nd tier mids. And for good measure in 2018 Martin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sauce.

Crack in the fibula for Tals...... so Gov for Walker it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back