Preview Changes: R18 v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be happy for him to be rested/managed next week, then shuffle him off into retirement tied with Modra on the goal kicking ladder.

There is simply no way that Tex deserves to be Adelaide's #1 goal scorer of all time. Good as he has been, he's just not fit to tie Godra's shoelaces. He's tied the record now, but I really hope Tex never gets the record in his own right.

This is unworthy of you Vader.

This is unworthy of you Vader.
Why is it unworthy, to want to see a true legend of the club retain his record?

As a player, and as a club legend, Tony Modra is infinitely superior to Taylor Walker in every possible way. Walker will always be remembered fondly, but Godra is a club legend. I just feel that Modra's legend would be tarnished, just a bit, by having a lesser player take his record away from him.

I'd be happy for him to be rested/managed next week, then shuffle him off into retirement tied with Modra on the goal kicking ladder.

There is simply no way that Tex deserves to be Adelaide's #1 goal scorer of all time. Good as he has been, he's just not fit to tie Godra's shoelaces. He's tied the record now, but I really hope Tex never gets the record in his own right.

One the more moronic things I’ve ever read on here.

As a player, and as a club legend, Tony Modra is infinitely superior to Taylor Walker in every possible way. Walker will always be remembered fondly, but Godra is a club legend. I just feel that Modra's legend would be tarnished, just a bit, by having a lesser player take his record away from him.

It's irrelevant: Modra is clearly better because he did it more than twice as fast. The absolute number of goals doesn't define the status.

Modra will never be tarnished. So many great memories of watching him do the freakish live.

Records are to be broken.

Warne is the best ever Test spinner, but doesn't hold the record of most wickets. Similarly, Anderson has done a great job of being the 1st quick to 600 wickets, but he wouldn't make the top 10 fast bowlers of all time.

Tex has been a legend of our club & like Mods has given us plenty of great memories... & like Mods has missed out on the elusive flag they both deserved.

Kelly blanketed Gov and was actually good defensively today, he isn’t going out. Even his disposal was fine, played to his limitations. That tackle on Cripps in a 50:50 contest was very critical.

Talia for Butts (prefer it to be Hartigan if we are indeed going to let him go as a FA)
Tex for Frampton
Worrell for Gibbs

Get Hamill ready for next year, no point risking another concussion in a short space of time, we all know his talent. Give Worrell a taste.

Tex for Frampton, Talia for Butts, Worrell for Gibbs and leave it at that.
I tend to agree with this. Keep the likes of Jones, Fog to give them a taste of what kayos is like. They need that. Then Frampton has to go and I would bring in Tex. Then I would keep to the script and let Gibbs retire after such a great send off and I would bring in Worrell. The last part is a little different. I would keeps Butts and have Talia replace Kelly.

1. frampton-walker (hopefully tex breaks record, retires mid game and chaired off). love him but the right thing to do.
2. bcrouch-o’connor (dont risk brad getting injured now and stuffing up FA pick 2). want to see o’connor as it affects what we do at the draft. I actually thought he showed more than schoenberg in his one pre-season match so fingers crossed
3. gibbs-hamill over dmac but I think dmac will get one more year - has surprised
4. kelly-worrell (worrell needs a taste after not playing all year). kelly likely be traded IMO.
5. hartigan-talia (talia 200th). hartigan should leave as FA.

I swear if I see Jake Kelly tell everyone to slow down by waving his hand around one more time im gonna snap.
I can picture him crawling along in the right hand lane on the freeway with cars banked up behind him

This is stupid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see both sides. I appreciate what you are saying, but Tex is a legend of our Club.

Given the cricket quotes in here, let me bowl you the doosra the one that spins the other way, would you have felt differently if Tex kicked a bag in the GF and won us the flag as our captain and still had the same performances in 2018 and 2019.

I think you would have.

I swear if I see Jake Kelly tell everyone to slow down by waving his hand around one more time im gonna snap.
Imagine if your betting on an outcome and you need the team to score another goal.

Trust me, I have thrown couch pillows all over my lounge. :$

I’m surprised you’re arguing volume against average but I see what you’re saying

I guess my counter-argument would be as a lifelong cricket fan i would not have a clue who the leading Test runscorer is but I and everyone else damn well know who has the highest batting average

EDIT: it’s still Tendulkar, most runs

I’m surprised you’re arguing volume against average but I see what you’re saying

I guess my counter-argument would be as a lifelong cricket fan i would not have a clue who the leading Test runscorer is but I and everyone else damn well know who has the highest batting average

EDIT: it’s still Tendulkar, most runs
Test wickets is worst, a chucker at number 1. if I knew that I would have played for Australia.

Its a struggle to pick the best fast 10 bowlers all time in test cricket for those that begun in their careers in the 90s onwards. Off the top of my head, none of them made up.

Warne is the best ever Test spinner, but doesn't hold the record of most wickets. Similarly, Anderson has done a great job of being the 1st quick to 600 wickets, but he wouldn't make the top 10 fast bowlers of all time.

Warne does. I dount count test chuckers.

Who is your list of Top 10. I want a serious list, no Gillespie's because he is Sth Aussie lol.

Garner, Marshall, Holding,Roberts, Ambrose, Thommo, Lillee, Akram, Younis, gosh its late, many more to consider.

Yes this is relevant, if we were tanking, these are the points of discussion we should be having ahead of the Crows Final home game.

Its time to celebrate IMO a successful season. Yes 3 wins in 2020* is.

Talia is a certainty to play. He was managed for the Carlton game which says to me they wanted to celebrate his 200 game in Adelaide.
In: Talia

That's a milestone decision I can really get behind. Meaningless game in the context of the season and it gives Butts a game he'd otherwise probably not gotten. Even Mackay this year, or, God forbid, next year, deserves a retirement game at home in a dead rubber. As Brent Reilly said on AA, few get retirement games, but if factors fall into place for the right players, it's the only senior player gift for time served that should be entertained. But if we need a win for top 4 and they're not in the best 22, then tough s**t, we'll see you at the G in the back of a convertible.

Tex for Frampton, Talia for Butts, Worrell for Gibbs and leave it at that.

Nothing to be gained by playing Tex. I'd wrap him in cotton wool and he can get ready for a huge summer. Give McHenry another go and see how Fogarty goes in a 2 key tall set up and us with more ground ball pressure up there. Radar said Hamill would have played if not for Gibbs, so him or Mackay for Gibbs. Harto's been pretty good lately and his value is at its peak either way, so leave Butts in would be my preference. I'd like Kelly our for Hamill if Mackay plays and the 3 player rule makes that hard. But with Talia and Mackay returning being 2 of the changes, I think a 3rd can slip through.

I'm kind of with you, but maybe from a different angle. If Tex goes on to play meaningfully next year and kicks 40 goals, then good on him, he deserves the record. But if he gets the record, retires or turns up next year and can't get in the 22 then his record may look manufactured. That's not on Modra, but it's not how you want records broken. Carried to 200 games, carried to goal kicking record, gave not a yelp afterwards.

As much as I want to see guys like Worrall & Hammill play this week.

If we are trading players like Kelly & Hartigan lets play them as best 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back