Preview Changes: R18 v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not fussed. If we lose its because Richmond are a flag chance.
But damn it would be good to win.... finish the season on a high, with great confidence heading into pre-season... with 2 picks in the top 10.... maybe 3 if we Brad goes...

Out: Frampton, Gibbs, Kelly
In: Tex, O'Connor, Worrell

Hamill can stay on ice until next year as far as I'm concerned. Mackay doesn't need to come in.
All three will be back in for this game (Tex, Talia and Mackay). It's whether they make any other changes.

Why is it unworthy, to want to see a true legend of the club retain his record?

As a player, and as a club legend, Tony Modra is infinitely superior to Taylor Walker in every possible way. Walker will always be remembered fondly, but Godra is a club legend. I just feel that Modra's legend would be tarnished, just a bit, by having a lesser player take his record away from him.
I loved Modra. But the record is there to be broken. And Tex is absolutely worthy of getting it. He didn't get there by accident FFS. He got there because he earned it. Not only that, he has been a terrific servant of this Club. He lives, breathes and sleeps for this Club. He has carried this club on his shoulders for the last 5 years. He is in absolutely NO WAY a lesser player than Tony Modra was.

While I'm no fan of Mackay, if he comes out this week and announces he's retiring and we don't give him a send-off game after we gave Gibbs one... I don't know, I just think that would be absolutely terrible from a culture / club-fabric point of view. Snubbing a player after a 14-year, 200+ game career as a one-club player after bringing in a guy who did FA after being here for 3 seasons in the twilight of his career... that would not sit right with me at all.

Think tex might come in so he can break the club record.. frampton out

Which is harsh because I thought Framptons first quarter was decent. Rest of his game was ordinary but we are talking about a player whos not played much footy this year.. how longs it been since his last game?..

Want to see Worrell in for Kelly.

Talia can be wrapped in cotton wool and rested so he’s 110% for the preseason.. absolutely nothing to gain rushing him back in..

Mackay has to come in somehow and play his last game and get a send off.. if he doesnt play it will scream “dont worry David we’re re-signing you for another season”.
With Sholl, hamill, Milera etc there is absolutely no need to re-sign Mookay for another year. Its a complete waste of a list spot in a rebuild no matter how good David has been playing lately.

So “last game gibbs” out.. “last game mookay” in..

No other changes.
It's Talia's 200th, no way he's not playing.

I know we are on a winning streak, but anyone who thinks we will Roll Richmond this week has rocks in their head :)

It wouldn't matter who we select, a 20-35point loss is about the best we could hope for if you ask me, they are a VERY good team, and they're in form.

With this in mind, let's keep showing the future - I, like all fans love this glimpse of what we have to look forward to in 2021+.

OUT:
Frampton, Kelly, Gibbs, Hartigan

IN:
Walker, Talia, McHenry, Worrell

Talia gets his 200th, Tex gets a chance to break Mods record this week, McHenry gets another bite at it. First glimpse at Worrell :)

In all likelihood we keep Hartigan in to play on Lynch and Butts goes out, but fingers crossed.

TEAM:

FB: Brown / Butts / McPherson
HB: Worrell / Talia / Smith
C: Sholl / MCrouch / Sloane
HF: Lynch / Walker / Fogarty
FF: Stengle / Himmelberg / McAdam
FOLL: ROB / Schoenberg / Laird

INT: Jones / McHenry / Keays / BCrouch

For the nth time, Lynch isn't playing!

Honestly dreading Grimes tearing us a new one, so maybe we don't bring in Tex and just let Billy be aggressive as hell and make stager Grimes really feel the full force of a collision

As a player, and as a club legend, Tony Modra is infinitely superior to Taylor Walker in every possible way. Walker will always be remembered fondly, but Godra is a club legend. I just feel that Modra's legend would be tarnished, just a bit, by having a lesser player take his record away from him.
Ridiculous post. Not sure you remember Modra that well... in the end he had two outstanding seasons with us - just under half his goals came in 93 and 97. He was maligned for much of his career outside of that.

They are different players, but Tex will have kicked 440 goals as a half forward playing up the ground, in an era where forwards don't kick as many goals. The record is well deserved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me'h, I don't think so, records are meant to be broken man.

And to be honest, this is a club goal scoring record is in the 400's, its hardly an unreachable milestone. I'm more shocked that Mod's has managed to keep it all this time!

Warne does. I dount count test chuckers.

Who is your list of Top 10. I want a serious list, no Gillespie's because he is Sth Aussie lol.

Garner, Marshall, Holding,Roberts, Ambrose, Thommo, Lillee, Akram, Younis, gosh its late, many more to consider.

Yes this is relevant, if we were tanking, these are the points of discussion we should be having ahead of the Crows Final home game.

Its time to celebrate IMO a successful season. Yes 3 wins in 2020* is.
Hmmm, top-10 bowlers in my lifetime.
Reckon your list is pretty much spot on. Have the same top 5 Windies bowlers.
I would add McGrath, Hadlee, Imran, Donald & Steyn into the mix. Too many to squeeze in!

Hmmm, top-10 bowlers in my lifetime.
Reckon your list is pretty much spot on. Have the same top 5 Windies bowlers.
I would add McGrath, Hadlee, Imran, Donald & Steyn into the mix. Too many to squeeze in!
Garner, Marshall, Holding,Roberts, Ambrose, Thommo, Lillee, Akram, Hadlee, Steyn.

In SA, Steyn is rated better than Donald. Yes, Hadlee is a lock. I feel McGrath, Imran, Donald are very unlucky.

All these bowlers, bowled and performed well against the best batsmen of that era.

Gosh the standard of cricket today is s**t.

All us West Coast boys are behind you this week, lads. If you cant pull out the W at least lay some big hits on a few of their star players to make their finals campaign a little less rosy.

I’d say we could bait them into some undisciplined acts so they get suspended but there’s no point, it’s Richmond... Cotchin could s**t on Gil’s lawn and he’d get a Brownlow for it.

While I'm no fan of Mackay, if he comes out this week and announces he's retiring and we don't give him a send-off game after we gave Gibbs one... I don't know, I just think that would be absolutely terrible from a culture / club-fabric point of view. Snubbing a player after a 14-year, 200+ game career as a one-club player after bringing in a guy who did FA after being here for 3 seasons in the twilight of his career... that would not sit right with me at all.

I find milk doesn't sit right with me.

I’d say we could bait them into some undisciplined acts so they get suspended but there’s no point, it’s Richmond... Cotchin could sh*t on Gil’s lawn and he’d get a Brownlow for it.

Yeah Richmond players dont get suspended. Look at Lynch - carte blanche to lay throat chops whenever he feels like it.

I’d say we could bait them into some undisciplined acts so they get suspended but there’s no point, it’s Richmond... Cotchin could sh*t on Gil’s lawn and he’d get a Brownlow for it.

Not in Toorak

anchorman.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back