Preview Changes: R18 v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Have you seen Richmond’s record at the Gabba?
Brisbane have about as much chance as Powaa of playing in this year's grand final. None. Will be Richmond v Geelong or Richmond v West coast imo.

Last edited:

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
I want richmond to finish in the top 4 as I know they are the the one side Powaa can't beat in the finals. Other than Geelong that is. They probably won't rest players and it should just be the injuries to Soldo and Lynch as the outs They should have Edwards back this week from quarantine as well apparently. They won't take us lightly as it's a must win game for them after west coast beats north. Hoping west coast rests quite a few to stop the margin getting out of control.
I like your thinking.
I was hoping we'd beat Richmond (Pick #1 or not) to boot'em out of the Top 4 --- what a hoot that'd be! --- hoping also that WCE would sneak into 4th and beat PA at AO as their Finals bogey side.
BUT :think:
PA beat WCE and Richmond comfortably this year, though the Cats belted them at Metricon.
"Hoping" doesn't cut it.
I think Richmond will come over near full-strength (except Soldo/Lynch inj., as you said) and give the Crows' youth a lesson in 4-quarter pressure footy. The Crows will be playing with 2 days' less rest and run out of steam in 4th Quarter, if not sooner.
Geelong should win their last game, leaving the Top 4 as is, and fingers crossed they'll beat PA in the QF --- even by as little as a single point on the last kick of the game, OH PLEASE ;) :hearteyes:.

CrowBloke

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Vader who claimed: " As a player, and as a club legend, Tony Modra is infinitely superior to Taylor Walker in every possible way. "
Maaaaate ... Infinitely superior? :eek:
Do you know just how superior that is? Superior of a gazillion proportions, unfathomably-mind-bogglingly better :).
Hyperbole, much? ;)
Then:
I loved Modra. But the record is there to be broken. And Tex is absolutely worthy of getting it. He didn't get there by accident FFS. He got there because he earned it. Not only that, he has been a terrific servant of this Club. He lives, breathes and sleeps for this Club. He has carried this club on his shoulders for the last 5 years. He is in absolutely NO WAY a lesser player than Tony Modra was.
I've watched and loved'em both, for different reasons; different players and characters.
Modra, oh my stars what a leap and grab he had! Accurate, too, 440.251. Tex, breathes Crows, lives Crows, loves Crows; his blood is tri-coloured and oozes in hoops. Twice player-voted Captain of the Year. Both great records/players.
Modra gets it for speccy. Walker gets it for team-first.
Say Tex gets the 440+ which is likely. How about we remember them both with joy and not just focus on goals kicked? Anyone who watched/knows/loved them will acknowledge their greatness for things other than, as well as, career goals.

CrowBloke

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
1) While I'm no fan of Mackay, if he comes out this week and announces he's retiring and we don't give him a send-off game after we gave Gibbs one... I don't know, I just think that would be absolutely terrible from a culture / club-fabric point of view.
2) Snubbing a player after a 14-year, 200+ game career as a one-club player after bringing in a guy who did FA after being here for 3 seasons in the twilight of his career... that would not sit right with me at all.
Gripe about Gibbs all you want because that's not a hypothetical and it was a garbage deal, all -round, but ...
1) ... IF. That's a big 'if'. Hasn't happened, probably won't happen, and then you go on as if it's all ready happened in ...
2).
Now, the Club has set itself a bad precedent for as long as Nicks is there, anyway.
You'd have every right to get upset/angry when it happens, but 'if'? Naaaaah.
Chill :).

(also, be comforted that when Mackay retires, oppo players won't be chairing him off, mates or not ;))

CrowBloke

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
All us West Coast boys are behind you this week, lads. If you cant pull out the W at least lay some big hits on a few of their star players to make their finals campaign a little less rosy.
How about Nicks sools well-known tough nut and Enforcer David (aka TOBY) Mackay onto a few of them for ya? ;)

Why is it unworthy, to want to see a true legend of the club retain his record?

As a player, and as a club legend, Tony Modra is infinitely superior to Taylor Walker in every possible way. Walker will always be remembered fondly, but Godra is a club legend. I just feel that Modra's legend would be tarnished, just a bit, by having a lesser player take his record away from him.

That “lesser player” was our club captain and led this club through it’s darkest days after the death of Phil Walsh.

Your dismissal of him as a player and person isn’t worthy of you Vader

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I want richmond to finish in the top 4 as I know they are the the one side Powaa can't beat in the finals. Other than Geelong that is. They probably won't rest players and it should just be the injuries to Soldo and Lynch as the outs They should have Edwards back this week from quarantine as well apparently. They won't take us lightly as it's a must win game for them after west coast beats north. Hoping west coast rests quite a few to stop the margin getting out of control.
We will have atleast 3 changes
Out: Lynch , Soldo + 1
In: Chol , Astbury , Edwards

LC40

Club Legend
Oct 14, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Seems a champion bloke, his temperament is so even keeled, doesn't get too excited or down.
Knew his level of ability and weaknesses and played to those strengths.
I think this is one player who could evolve into a very good coach.
I would like him to be on our board one day, loyal one club man and has no illusions of grandeur. Speaks his mind but it's never about him.
Congratulations on 200 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Seems a champion bloke, his temperament is so even keeled, doesn't get too excited or down.
Knew his level of ability and weaknesses and played to those strengths.
I think this is one player who could evolve into a very good coach.
I would like him to be on our board one day, loyal one club man and has no illusions of grandeur. Speaks his mind but it's never about him.
Congratulations on 200 games.
Had some terrible hair back in the day, though. This can't be forgotten.

May 4, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
AFC posted some training footage via stories instagram. Shoenberg with a nice bannna goal from the corner pocket.

Also, Tex/Chayce kicking goals from the 50m boundy edge. Didn't realise Chayce had such a good leg on him!

ShadeyP

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I loved Modra. But the record is there to be broken. And Tex is absolutely worthy of getting it. He didn't get there by accident FFS. He got there because he earned it. Not only that, he has been a terrific servant of this Club. He lives, breathes and sleeps for this Club. He has carried this club on his shoulders for the last 5 years. He is in absolutely NO WAY a lesser player than Tony Modra was.
As a club man Tex is definitely right up there ... as a footballer Modra has him well covered .

Mods was an absolute freak !

ShadeyP

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sorry to intrude, but I couldn't help but comment on this disturbing observation. This sort of thing needs to be discouraged. You may recall that some of our boys got into hot water over similar stuff recently.
That's ok , we will let you poke around our thread in good faith !

RePete

Club Legend
Jan 23, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
We have absolutely annihilated Richmond the last 2 times we have played them at Adelaide Oval. Real danger game for 5thmond, and real danger of us loosing pick 1 to a Vic team (media would love a vic team having it rather than us).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back