Preview Changes: R19 v Carlton

Ins & Outs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I still trying to reconcile myself with Eddie being dropped. McKay, Rat, Murthy, Seedsman more appropriate. Teague has said he is happy not trying to stop Eddie.

Often forward, FMD

Perfect match to bring in Butts, move Harto forward and bring in FOG, Gooch or even Hamill

Morons
I'm ok with bringing Otten in for a one off good bye game to cover for keith. Coaches Don't move him fwd. Crows don't s%=t the bed.

I like how Pyke has admitted that Tex is playing because of his experience and leadership, not his football. There’s our selection philosophy in a nutshell, bad football from older players is rated highly. Tex not even in selection discussion despite a talent like Fog waiting in the wings with improving form. Pyke is a moron.

Seriously disappointed in Don... I thought he had more football acumen and intelligence but the way in which he is going is just bizarre. Maybe he is trying to get sacked? 🤷‍♂️

I sincerely hope that this is just a matter of getting through the rest of the season before a full on rebuild/list upheaval takes place, but in saying that, that still doesn’t excuse the terrible selection policies at present. If he is unable or unwilling to see the obvious, he honestly needs to go, along with several of his offsiders. This is just madness now.
Stubbornness pure and simple. Because we play well in patches they believe if they just keep working hard at it it'll suddenly start working for longer. We're into Crowbot 2.0 territory at this point. The complete lack of quality in and around the football department doesn't help either.

Part of the problem comes from above, they won't allow a rebuild/list upheaval. Very conservative, "we made a GF two years ago..." thinking. Probably use you guys as evidence of why they need to stay the course.

If Otten goes forward, who is going back? But, the thought did cross my mind that once in, Otto will stay and just get shifted around. He’ll be super for our defensive pressure up forward though. It’lol be just like having Cameron back.
We dont need three KPDs against Carlton.

I initially thought Carlton had Curnow, McKay and Casboult playing up forward. Didnt realise Curnow was out.

None of our forwards apply forward pressure. It is the big issue with Tex at the moment. Eddie has dropped off in this regard and Jenkins has never laid a decent tackle..

Wont be any better with Stengle in.

I agree with you Otto does not help this either.

Otto in is a baffling decision without the need for three KPDs. All I can think is that it was between he and Fog. Otto the better SANFL form.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t care anymore, it’s just funny at this point. This footy club is a dark comedy where you love/hate all the characters because they keep ******* up and making the worst possible choices when success is within their grasp.

I mean... Andy Otten! In 2019! You couldn’t write this s**t.

Well he has been brave sticking with our festering old farts and playing yoyo with Gibbs & Stengle.
By brave, you mean putting his job needlessly at risk

Better words for it are stupid stubbornness, which is surprising as I had thought Pyke was smarter than this. This is what makes it even more disappointing.

From the past 5 drafts (inc rookie) we have selected 28 players, 18 are still on our list, 4 will be playing this weekend.

Doedee would be were it not for injury, Keath as well as he is legitimately being rested.

Greenwood, Gooch, Poholke, Berg, Davis and Jones have all played this year.

I have no idea if this is above or below average. But Gooch, Fog and Jones are being left to wither on the vine, IMO

Past 5 years.png

Last edited:
I don’t care anymore, it’s just funny at this point. This footy club is a dark comedy where you love/hate all the characters because they keep ******* up and making the worst possible choices when success is within their grasp.

I mean... Andy Otten! In 2019! You couldn’t write this s**t.
He was cooked in 2017

From the past 5 drafts (inc rookie) we have selected 28 players, 18 are still on our list, 4 will be playing this weekend.

Doedee would be were it not for injury, Keath as well as he is legitimately being rested.

Greenwood, Gooch, Poholke, Berg, Davis and Jones have all played this year.

I have no idea if this is above or below average. But Gooch, Fog and Jones are being left to wither on the vine, IMO

View attachment 715761

:sick:

Back