Preview Changes: R19 vs Dees, Sunday July 23rd 2:50pm ACST @ MCG

How many unforced changes will we make?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe Mattrox was simply saying Crouch had runs on the board, compared to Hately ......was he wrong ?

great strategy for developing a contending group. Our coaches have dropped crouch numerous times when racking up just under 30 disposals, so they clearly don't value what he brings to overall performance. And yet they select him again, knowing he'll get it 30 times but actually cost us overall.

Could be Parnell? Otherwise someone else they are expecting to run off half back - Milera, Smith, Jones?

edit: Guess he's the sub actually.

great strategy for developing a contending group. Our coaches have dropped crouch numerous times when racking up just under 30 disposals, so they clearly don't value what he brings to overall performance. And yet they select him again, knowing he'll get it 30 times but actually cost us overall.
I'm not disputing this .....there's no-way I want Crouch on our list .....but he was the obvious go to player for Laird's role

Shows we have a deficiency in 1st touch MIDS .......can Rachelle, Soligo, or Taylor step up ? .....TWT

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'd do better in his current condition than Crouch.
humblepie-cf.jpg

The issue with Nicks conservative selection philosophy is that there’s no way he will play a debutant against the Dees at the G, so it’s a matter of recycling players. No way Sloane should play either, are you a man or a mouse Nicks?

Out: Sloane, McHenry, Sholl, Rachelle susp, Murphy
In: Schoenberg, Soligo, Cook, Nankervis, Hately

What we will do:

Out: Sholl, Rachelle susp
In: Schoenberg, Soligo

Loss 63 points as the season implodes
Are you ready to conceed that maybe Nick's is soing an ok job and that us fans are viewing from the outside and don't always have the best read of the situation.

Was there a dubutant and did we lose by 63?

And what exactly are you expecting from Matt Crouch?

He was dropped 3 separate times in 2022 despite averaging 27 touches - because his possessions hurt our ball movement and were so ineffective.

He played one game this year for 12 disposals and -16 metres gained. He is going to be delisted at the end of the year.

Why would we waste a valuable game on him?

Thats a lot of midfielders. Laird and Dawson are the two primary midfielders. Crouch and Berry can only play in the middle. How is Schoenberg going to get any midfield time?
I think we should revisit some of these posts as people have a good ole' rant about hobby horses they have about players and clubs.

Maybe some introspection is in order, reflecting on the fact that a lot of the times we don't know everything so maybe not act like it all the time.

Back