Preview Changes: R19 vs The Port Western Hawkdog Power

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would the mighty Scorpuss selected as a key defender instead of Billy?

McAsey? Borlase? Worrell (not really a key defender)? Talia? Murray?

This week the cupboard is bare.

No one. Go the tank.

Well I guess we have to bring in someone. Newchurch then.

Nicks in his press conference said that Hately is still struggling with a groin injury.

Wonder if it will turn into a surgery thing like Seedsman and Crouch x2 in recent years.
Should just put him in for surgery now.

It's not like he was playing well any way.

Who would the mighty Scorpuss selected as a key defender instead of Billy?

McAsey? Borlase? Worrell (not really a key defender)? Talia? Murray?

This week the cupboard is bare.
Frampton isn't the future imo, so any of McAsey & Worrell.

Having said that, I have no issue playing Frampton as a defender to know once & for all to rule a line through him.

If anything we should be trying him as a ruckman whilst ROB is injured.

Should just put him in for surgery now.

It's not like he was playing well any way.
I can’t believe someone named Hately in our best players against North Adelaide. Unlike some others, he did try to tackle the Roosters but he clearance work was awful. In the third quarter he ran into a space on the wing for a 20 metre chip pass. The ball was duly delivered and he only had to mark the ball with no one near him. The ball slipped through his hands. I would be pissed off seeing one of my local footy club players do that (and they don’t). He seems to have zero confidence.

Regarding McAsey and Worrell, I would like them to be semi-competitive in the SANFL before giving them another run in the AFL.

I can’t believe someone named Hately in our best players against North Adelaide. Unlike some others, he did try to tackle the Roosters but he clearance work was awful. In the third quarter he ran into a space on the wing for a 20 metre chip pass. The ball was duly delivered and he only had to mark the ball with no one near him. The ball slipped through his hands. I would be pissed off seeing one of my local footy club players do that (and they don’t). He seems to have zero confidence.

Regarding McAsey and Worrell, I would like them to be semi-competitive in the SANFL before giving them another run in the AFL.
Hately’s been “Goddened”...

Hately’s been “Goddened”...
I realise it is popular to blame everything on the AFC but I have seen little change in Hately since he first played in the preseason. Either injury has robbed him of all confidence or he is not an AFL standard footballer. I hope it is option A.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What if, now just stay with me here, what if...Frampton comes in, has 25 disposals and develops in to a very solid CHB?
Would be pretty bloody handy wouldn't it?
Would it be the greatest career turn around ever? Complete delist pile, throw a ridiculous last chance to him and Bang it works??

Meanwhile it would also give the club a chance to try both McAsey and Murray as forwards, which would be great given both played the vast majority of their junior careers as forwards.

Chances it happens. Not great.
But....

This is exactly the thinking which will build the best team possible with the players available. I understand it's a gamble and the SANFL is probably the place to try it out but I agree, until you have found a lock in player for a position, keep looking starting with the current list.
Assuming Tex and Talia are done in a couple of years, we are far from locked in for their replacements. Experiment away I say.
P.s...this also applies to many other players and many other positions.

This is exactly the thinking which will build the best team possible with the players available. I understand it's a gamble and the SANFL is probably the place to try it out but I agree, until you have found a lock in player for a position, keep looking starting with the current list.
Assuming Tex and Talia are done in a couple of years, we are far from locked in for their replacements. Experiment away I say.
P.s...this also applies to many other players and many other positions.

We are locked into Tex replacement. Thilthorpe. No one will come close to overtaking him with that one. Talia is a bit less cut and dry, but really it looks like that'll be Butts.

The main question is not who replaces Tex and Talia, but who are Thilthorpe and Butts paired up with.

Look at who Frampton needs to be "like" at AFL level to be serviceable in the backlines.

It's not a high bar ...
Which is why he'll succeed and we'll be stuck with him

It won't matter until years down the track and we're a bit higher up the ladder, when we need our players to actually be good good, that we'll realise he sucks, we haven't developed anyone else and we've wasted a bunch of games on him

Is Nicks family friends with the Framptons?
To all those hoping for another wooden spoon ( i am not in that boat personally) to get pick 1 and Horne think on this. If Frampton comes in at fullback and does bring that SANFL form from last week and beat Koscitske say and the crows get a nartow win in no small part to his performance down there, we will miss the spoon and horne

no no no no no....he should focus on building a team that will win games of football in 2023 onwards, right now wins are not our friend.

Yes and no. There is definitely positives to winning on our end, seeing it helps calm down the club a bit (and we've seemed to have panicked a bit recently). It also gives more confidence to our side, which is quite likely the most important thing to maintain when it comes to developing kids.

That said, it's certainly weird being in a position where it's hard to care about if we win or lose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back