Preview Changes: R19 vs The Port Western Hawkdog Power

Remove this Banner Ad

Laughing at calls for Mackay to be dropped.

Real gluttons for punishment on this forum.

It's never happening people.

It is why I haven't watched a game in a few weeks, I'll watch our magoos but there appears to be little development going in at the ones. This year I have watched Scholl star as a wingman only to be moved out of position to accommodate Dave and even though Dave has stunk it up and Scholl has struggled being played out of position, we have stuck hard.

Some may say it is perfect tanking but I don't think it is, I have little doubt Dave is getting another year, we will get him to 250. Just very strange that we need experience in that position but we will.

Pretty average for pressure tonight according to the stats with just 1 tackle and 10 pressure acts.

Plus he ruined all of our momentum with his skyscraper kicks inside 50. One of our worst with ball in hand.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not saying he's amazing but if you're picking one of the short people, you'd pick Rowe before Murphy.

The there midget system doesn't work for us regardless, that are simply not the right players for that to work.

Teams that have employed that successfully, not only have good pressure forwards, but are also very dangerous and smart in front of goal. Our three short people just don't have the ability. We need a different strategy.

Controversial opinion: “pressure forward” is the single most overrated position in football and only clubs that have exceptionally good midfields and great big forwards can even afford to think about selecting those types of players. Call me crazy, but I think small forwards should actually be able to create goals and score 2-3 goals every second game and influence outcomes.

Super controversial opinion: as such, McAdam - for all his many deficiencies - should be the first picked out of Rowe, McHenry and Murphy. He may not do much, but he has a knack for finding the big sticks, which is more than I can say for any of the three aforementioned players.

Conclusion: this makes me sad.

Controversial opinion: “pressure forward” is the single most overrated position in football and only clubs that have exceptionally good midfields and great big forwards can even afford to think about selecting those types of players. Call me crazy, but I think small forwards should actually be able to create goals and score 2-3 goals every second game and influence outcomes.

Super controversial opinion: as such, McAdam - for all his many deficiencies - should be the first picked out of Rowe, McHenry and Murphy. He may not do much, but he has a knack for finding the big sticks, which is more than I can say for any of the three aforementioned players.

You certainly have a point here

“Scoreboard pressure” - also known as kicking goals - is better than defensive pressure trying to keep the ball inside 50 so you can..you know..kick goals

A team that has exclusive pressure forwards have already conceded the forward 50 contest.

Mcadam in form is much better than Rowe, Mchenry and Murphy I agree, out of form it is a much of a muchness between them.

A team that has exclusive pressure forwards have already conceded the forward 50 contest.

Mcadam in form is much better than Rowe, Mchenry and Murphy I agree, out of form it is a much of a muchness between them.

At least with McAdam you could pencil him in for a goal more often than not.

I think he would be more effective than he is currently.

But the problem is it would be seen as a demotion.

Really he should just go in for surgery and save himself the embarassment.

there won't be any embarrassment as there won't be a demotion. Sloane is an opening bounce mid, discussion over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’d actually drop all our small forwards if you could - Rowe , Murphy , Mchenry , Berry

But there are 0 players to bring in to play that position

massive failure by recruiting and list management

as much as the lack of genuine
AFL standard midfielders

only Berry looks a maybe AFL player by my eye , the rest wouldn’t get listed by another AFL team in the comp if we delisted them at end of year

has laid 1 tackle over the last 2 weeks. Pressure acts is an overrated stat, you don't even need to impact disposal quality to earn one. Just get close enough as the person with the ball is about to dispose of it anyway.
It’s actually not an overrated stat , Richmond has largely built there success on it + a few star players

you’re right about Murphy though , he might be our best pressure player but that isn’t hard and he’s not doing it well enough to compensate for his poor offence

you’d drop him Rowe Mchenry and Berry if you could but there aren’t other options

Sad state of affairs

Actually thought Himmelberg was building towards something in the second half, but I still think he needs to go back out.

Out: Himmelberg, Murray (Concussion protocol).

In: Sholl, Doedee.

Would love to see but know it will never happen: Hately and Pedlar in for Sloane and Mackay.
Hately NO! Please NO!

We should bring in Newchurch for the next 4 weeks.

I, as a football watcher do not think he will make it at AFL level, there appears to be many holes in his game, many holes but hey we have a bunch of small forwards who aren't achieving much, we aren't playing finals, lets see if he steps up at the highest level, some players just do. If he doesn't, we can feel comfortable letting him go at years end and get the next project player in

It’s actually not an overrated stat , Richmond has largely built there success on it + a few star players

you’re right about Murphy though , he might be our best pressure player but that isn’t hard and he’s not doing it well enough to compensate for his poor offence

you’d drop him Rowe Mchenry and Berry if you could but there aren’t other options

Sad state of affairs
Harsh on Berry. I think he’s an AFL standard player

Pretty average for pressure tonight according to the stats with just 1 tackle and 10 pressure acts.

Plus he ruined all of our momentum with his skyscraper kicks inside 50. One of our worst with ball in hand.

Agreed, He is just an average footballer. He is not AFL standard. Should of only got a one year extension.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back