Preview Changes: R2 2021 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Further to this, if Hartigan stayed, Butts 100% doesn’t play. Digest that

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
We pretty clearly wanted Hartigan to move on or we'd have offered him more than 1 year on chump change...Digest that.

We pretty clearly wanted Hartigan to move on or we'd have offered him more than 1 year on chump change...Digest that.
Yep he was pushed out.

Like Keath, Greenwood, CEY, Sauce and B Crouch

All of these guy would have stayed had we offered better than a token contract, or even a contract for Brad.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yep he was pushed out.

All of these guy would have stayed had we offered better than a token contract, or even a contract for Brad.

CEy I doubt will play anymore AFL unless the Lions have a horrendous run of injury....3 years too, 2 still to run.

We're the youngest list in the comp, pulled out an amazing win against the odds last week, a heap of the youngsters will play sore this week because of it, we're debuting ANOTHER player, but there's still people going mental when Mackay is selected?

Get a grip.

Yeh, because this selection philosophy has been so good in driving our experience profile thus far. There's always an excuse and a bunch of moronic apologists that rejoice in these decisions.

Dmac is Adelaide's Jar Jar Binks. He step in the poo doo. Oooh icky. Could put in anyone else and get a comparable outcome. Shouldn't be on the list. At his best he isn't anywhere near defensively accountable and anyone entertaining the idea that he has ever been is engaging in Trade Federation Viceroy depths of thinking.

Ya never know, maybe mackay could be really advantaged by this new gameplan? He has some of the attributes it needs, a decent tank, decent defensive mindset, run to recieve attitude and in return the gameplan opens things up more so he can get the ball in some open area moving at pace so hes not going slow, given a hospital pass with 10 big bodies nearby to ragdoll his lightweight ass.

I wonder if Jones could have slotted into Brown's role?

Has good.closing speed and a good tackler. Back pocket a role you don't have to hunt the ball. Essentially have one role, stop your man.

Could be ideal for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ya never know, maybe mackay could be really advantaged by this new gameplan? He has some of the attributes it needs, a decent tank, decent defensive mindset, run to recieve attitude and in return the gameplan opens things up more so he can get the ball in some open area moving at pace so hes not going slow, given a hospital pass with 10 big bodies nearby to ragdoll his lightweight ass.

Definitely time to find out if this kid is going to be part of our next flag tilt. I just hope we give him a few games to find his feet. Don't want to get to the end of this season being none the wiser on this kid's future.

If Browns only missing 1-2 weeks then I have no issue with Mackay coming in, no point bringing in a first gamer for one week only to drop him straight away

If you're told that up front, why not? You reckon the kid would prefer to not get the one game? Another idiotic reason to add to experience, non-statistical et al.

If we're losing two senior players from a VERY young team and replacing one of them with a debutant, I think it makes sense for the other player coming in to be more experienced, especially if he was the only decent player last week in the reserves.

It's not like we're not playing kids.

Who would be your choice to come in and replace Brown's in the small defender role? Worrell isn't exactly a like for like replacement. His chance was to come in and replace Kelly, but they have gone with Murray for that role. Jones could have been an option but I don't think he has played too much in the backlines? Davis would have been a good option but he is not ready yet. We are pretty bare in the small defender position atm.

He's already in the side, and it's Will Hamill.

Super dissapointing that when rebuilding we can't manage to select Davis or Jones in a running role instead of Mackay. Wtf crows.
Our defense currently has the following players with the following games played.

Back Pocket: McPherson 10 games
Full Back: Butts 3 games
Back Pocket: Doedee 31 games (and coming off injury)
HBF: Hamill 9 games
CHB: Murray Debutant

I can see the logic of having 1 more guy with more then 50 games experience in the lineup!

Last edited:
Yep he was pushed out.

Yep.. we were able push out all of these blokes and even force douglas to retire.. and it was a good decision from the club for some of them..

Yet a player that provides even less than all of those lads named above.. we cling to, and clog up a list spot with, like he’s some sort of Luke Hodge..

Most of them just want to have a b*tch & moan because David Mackay was named in the team. For some unfathomable reason there's a huge "We Hate David Mackay" cult which has developed here on BF, which doesn't exist anywhere else - particularly in the real world.

It's safest just to skim over any post by Bearded Clam or Scorpus (and a few others), whenever you see Mackay's name being mentioned. Their bizarre hatred for Mackay means that they're not actually capable of rational thought where he is concerned.

McKay is the lightening rod for our ridiculous team selection culture that has resulted in where we are now, 9 players with less than 10 games experience is a direct result of playing Mackay (and others) over the last 3 years when getting games into a couple of our youngsters was the smarter option.

So when he is rushed back into the team in Round Two its not outrageous the alarm bells have been rung.

So we've lost Hinge, Brown, Talia, Milera and Kelly from our defensive stocks (as well as Doedee still looking a little underdone) and people are this livid that we are bringing in a veteran to play back there?

I've always said DMAC this season is the 'break glass' option. But looking at the list above, have we not officially broken the glass?

Yep.. we were able push out all of these blokes and even force douglas to retire.. and it was a good decision from the club for some of them..

Yet a player that provides even less than all of those lads named above.. we cling to, and clog up a list spot with, like he’s some sort of Luke Hodge..
I am not a fan of DMac, but he is a cheap "Plug n Play" player when our defensive end has been hit with injuries.

Having said that, I would have gone Davis this week, if he is fit.

As we all know, it's not the quality of the player that matters, it's the number of games they've played.

The team with the higher number of games played wins so it's really important to replace experience with experience. If you don't balance the equation it's just making our lives very difficult

As we all know, it's not the quality of the player that matters, it's the number of games they've played.

The team with the higher number of games played wins so it's really important to replace experience with experience. If you don't balance the equation it's just making our lives very difficult
This is not your best work Scorpus

Remove this Banner Ad

Back