Preview Changes: R2 2021 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I'd rather Mackay wasn't there, the only available defensive smalls to replace Brown were Mackay or Davis. Mackay has played mostly in defence the past two seasons, whereas Davis has only played back for about two minutes. So, pretty obvious which way we would go. Additionally, we are going in again with 10 players with 10-or-less games under their belts, so picking a 230-gamer to balance things up is fair enough as well. The rebuild is still well and truly in full swing, despite Mackay's selection.

As much as I'd rather Mackay wasn't there, the only available defensive smalls to replace Brown were Mackay or Davis. Mackay has played mostly in defence the past two seasons, whereas Davis has only played back for about two minutes. So, pretty obvious which way we would go. Additionally, we are going in again with 10 players with 10-or-less games under their belts, so picking a 230-gamer to balance things up is fair enough as well. The rebuild is still well and truly in full swing, despite Mackay's selection.

The same melts were going on after Round 1 selection. Everyone forgot about it after we won . . .

I reckon this game is in serious danger of getting cancelled.
I don’t think so. Now the vulnerable are getting vaccinated and all the elections are over, they know they can’t snap close borders anymore without severe public backlash. Even WA are using the hotspot lockout now, which is a massive 180 for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Say what we want about DMac, but he has been part of the side under 5 coaches and the remainderof 2015.

Craigy
Sando
Walsh
Campo/Wosha/Noble
Pyke

And now Nicks.

There has to be a reason he has survived all of these coaches, without really being better than an average C/D grade player.

I feel in terms of coaching he I bet he is the ideal player. Listens, attempts to implement (limited skillset may impede this), tries his best and generally does the job.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I feel in terms of coaching he I bet he is the ideal player. Listens, attempts to implement (limited skillset may impede this), tries his best and generally does the job.

Totally agree, you can't fault his professionalism. He presents himself ready to go year in year out, he has left nothng on the table as far as his AFL career goes.

I think it has been very easy for our long line of rookie coaches that have continued to select him - he is the epitome of a safe selection, you know exactly what you will get from him.

I wonder how he would have gone with an experienced senior coach who didn't buy into our "make the 8 and anything can happen" culture.

Don’t be fooled by the 21 disposals. Seed was comfortably in our worst half dozen last week, and his intensity was nowhere near the level of pretty much anyone else in the team. Well and truly under the pump to stay in the side once the likes of Brown, Kelly, Hately, Crouch, Davis, Hinge and Pedlar are deemed match fit.

In fact, I’d be willing to bet that he would’ve been dumped this week if the trio of Hinge / Brown / Kelly had all been available. We’ll never know though, and he gets at least one more chance to hold his spot. Maybe he’ll play a blinder and leapfrog a couple of the younger guys in the pecking order, who knows.
He was a reverse king midas last week. Everything he touched turned to s**t. He has got to be close to my least favourite Crows player. I didn't mind us bringing him in when we were contending but he has no place in a rebuilding side.

Totally agree, you can't fault his professionalism. He presents himself ready to go year in year out, he has left nothng on the table as far as his AFL career goes.

I think it has been very easy for our long line of rookie coaches that have continued to select him - he is the epitome of a safe selection, you know exactly what you will get from him.

I wonder how he would have gone with an experienced senior coach who didn't buy into our "make the 8 and anything can happen" culture.
Most modern coaches are safe (conservative).

I reckon DMac would slot straight into a Clarko or Dimma system where it is the system that wins games ahead of all the individuals in it. Maybe not now at 33, but 5 years ago.

Yes they need top end talent. But they also have guys who follow instructions well and just a good cog.

Say what we want about DMac, but he has been part of the side under 5 coaches and the remainderof 2015.

Craigy
Sando
Walsh
Campo/Wosha/Noble
Pyke

And now Nicks.

There has to be a reason he has survived all of these coaches, without really being better than an average C/D grade player.

Four out of those five coaches were also sacked

Four out of those five coaches were also sacked
An argument which gets brought up frequently. It was stupid and fascile the first time it was raised, it's stupid and fascile now.

90% of all coaches are sacked, eventually. Does that mean that every selection they ever made should be seen as a wrong decision?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back