Preview Changes: R2 v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

You’ve seen him play off half back after his third preseason?

Give him a chance.

I dont think the position he plays has much to do with it.

A confident Milera playing at his best could dominate any running position on the ground in much the same way as a confident Atkins could. Problem is they both share a similar downside that becomes more apparent when the heat is turned up and concidering how pivotal the running half back is to our gameplan, I dont think Milera is the type we can place such responsibility onto just yet.

Edit: In saying that, we probably dont have many if any viable alternatives.

I reserve my judgment. Dmacs progress after 200 games is enough to give me hope.

Last edited:
Murphy 1st year player managed

A first year player doesn't need to get managed after just 1 game st AFL level, if he goes out he's been dropped.

Surprised at the amount wanting him out, almost walked away with 2 goals from nothing and seemed to chase hard defensively. If we want to become dominate, we need to be able to lock the ball in our forward half after a miss, defensive pressure will be required which I thought he brought more of then the others in the forward line.

Wasn't a great game for him but that's what most forward pockets are like, in for a touch and out of it for long periods. Would give him a few games to show his worth first and look closer at those that have played 50-100+ games for little return.

Changes: Depends who is fit.

Who needs to come out?

Hampton. Seems injured but he needs to come out regardless. Will not make it at afl level. Cue troy menzel music.

CEY. Very far off it and lacks pace. Sanfl for you lad.

Douglas. Will get 1 week. Doesnt deserve anything but our game is fast becoming sanitized basketball.

Fogarty. Hope he is not suspended but then again who ******* knows.

Hartigan. Is Alex Keath fit? If he is, he plays.

Atkins. Get some fitness. If there is anyone else, play them.

In:

Tex if fit.
Lynch if fit.
Keath if fit.
Milera if fit.

Changes: Depends who is fit.

Who needs to come out?

Hampton. Seems injured but he needs to come out regardless. Will not make it at afl level. Cue troy menzel music.

CEY. Very far off it and lacks pace. Sanfl for you lad.

Douglas. Will get 1 week. Doesnt deserve anything but our game is fast becoming sanitized basketball.

Fogarty. Hope he is not suspended but then again who ******* knows.

Hartigan. Is Alex Keath fit? If he is, he plays.

Atkins. Get some fitness. If there is anyone else, play them.

In:

Tex if fit.
Lynch if fit.
Keath if fit.
Milera if fit.

What would Fogarty be suspended for?

Pyke -
'Walker, Lynch and Gibson, whose streak of 130 games ended when he was a late out for Hugh Greenwood, are all a chance to play against the Tigers, according to Pyke.

"All those guys are a possibility," he said.

"They'll have a session – not so much Sam – but Taylor and Tom will have a session tomorrow, and we're hopeful they'll be ready to go on Thursday."

Curtly Hampton (groin) was the Crows' only fresh injury concern out of Friday night's game.'

This is some encouraging news. We desperately need Lynch and Walker back in the side.

Out: Hampton Murphy Hartigan Douglas (possibly suspended)
Questionable Outs: Greenwood or CEY (match fitness)
Possible Ins: Gibson Galucci Milera Cheney Walker Lynch

We desperately need Galucci or Milera for some run and forward pocket replacements.
Cheney in for hartigan who doesn't look good cheney to match up on smaller richmond defense always know cheney will give you 100%
Tex and Lynch in.

All Ins and Outs must be based on playing close to full game time it was evident a lot of players are under done

Bumped an essendon player with his hip. Probably just grazed him but who knows these days. Needs better fitness anyway but when fit look out.
Cheers Lingy

I love how everyone here constantly slams the club for not playing kids and then when we do and lose everyone wants them dropped because they aren't ready.

Fog is only there because of Texs injury so will come out when the captain is fit.
The other two are our replacements for Cameron and Leaver and both looked pretty good really. We should be taking the pressure off them and guarantee them 10 games so they can settle into the roles without looking over their shoulder constantly.

Walker for the Fog.
Lynch for Greenwood (nowhere near match fit)
Milera for Mackay

Out: Douglas
In:

Anybody who thinks the sight of Merret spitting blood wont cause a reaction are kidding themselves. It doesnt matter if its payback or not Dougy aimed high and will have a few weeks to think about revenge tactics.
Aimed high? Slow mo clearly shows side on hit to upper body, not to his head. It's not at all clear what connected with his lip. It looked like Douglas' arm, but from the inertia of the bump, not being deliberately aimed anywhere. Reckon he gets a week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Douglas (susp.), Hampton (inj.), Greenwood
In: Walker, Lynch, Milera

Greenwood's limited pre-season was on show last night, he just looked incredibly underdone. Atkins is on notice, some of those "efforts" were downright disgusting. Gibson would probably come in for him. There's no chance Mackay gets dropped so we can stop putting that option forward.

Aimed high? Slow mo clearly shows side on hit to upper body, not to his head. It's not at all clear what connected with his lip. It looked like Douglas' arm, but from the inertia of the bump, not being deliberately aimed anywhere. Reckon he gets a week.
Yes he aimed high. Once you target the shoulder you need to be very careful

I love how everyone here constantly slams the club for not playing kids and then when we do and lose everyone wants them dropped because they aren't ready.

Fog is only there because of Texs injury so will come out when the captain is fit.
The other two are our replacements for Cameron and Leaver and both looked pretty good really. We should be taking the pressure off them and guarantee them 10 games so they can settle into the roles without looking over their shoulder constantly.

Walker for the Fog.
Milera for Mackay
Mackay earned his spot for next week, which is, I know, unusual, but he'll be selected anyway so better he's selected after actually turning up. There's less to gnash the teeth about that way.

Yes he aimed high. Once you target the shoulder you need to be very careful
Each time I've watched the slow mo replay I see the bump aimed at the upper side of the body where you are allowed to aim, and that is where the bump hit. The bump itself was clearly clear of contact with the head. The split lip came from Douggy's hand or forearm, I think(even that is unclear) and that was a result of inertia, not intent. Regardless, it's a week minimum, but nothing sinister.

Last edited:
Given our injuries and the fact Murphy has leaped frogged him is not a great sign. Seems to have really stagnated

Nah, interrupted preseason just like Gooch, Brouch, Tex etc. Not playing round 1 is not meaningful in terms of where he sits in the pecking order. Like Lever last year. If he's playing 2's in a month, that will have meaning.

Mackay earned his spot for next week, which is, I know, unusual, but he'll be selected anyway so better he's selected after actually turning up. There's less to gnash the teeth about that way.
I have no real issue with Mackay playing. Unlike most I think he is about our 20th best player. I would only like to make the switch with Milera because we know what Mackays ceiling is whereas Milera has the potential to be a lot better player overall.
Gibson will become the whipping boy if we pick him as he will turn it over constantly and unfortunately CEY is glacial slow. We really need one or two of last years mids to improve quickly.

I’d love to see Darcy stay in the team. Don’t ask me who you leave out though.

Time for a re-jig of our structures across the board I think. We missed any bigman presence at CHF last night with Tex being out.
If I were coach Id be looking to reward repeat efforts and defensive pressure in the forward half so Id leave out Jenkins for a bit.

Play Fogarty as a high leading forward. Gov FF and Tex CHF. Drop the 4 key tall idea altogether and play Thor deep alongside Gov until he gets his fitness up.
Stop bombing it in blindly.

Walker for the Fog.
Milera for Mackay

Reward form. I thought both Jenkins and Fogarty outshone Gov. Fog applied more pressure and lead up at the ball better than Jenkins.

Sending him back after outplaying others is the go-to move that really shits me about this club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back