Preview Changes: R2 v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we think Keath > Hartigan? I think we need to give it a go. I just think there’s a much better player inside Keath we need to let out.

R8 side? (B.Crouch back)

Brown Talia Doedee
Laird Keath Milera
Atkins M.Crouch Sloane
Lynch Walker Knight
Betts Jenkins McGovern
Jacobs B.Crouch Gibbs
Seedsman Greenwood Douglas
Kelly
Pretty much nailed it I reckon.

I'd give Fogarty every chance to overtake one of Jenkins or McGovern. Atkins and Knight on thin ice if any of the other challengers step up. Smith to replace Kelly by finals.

Suddenly a backline including Milera, Keath, Smith actually has some skill, dash and penetration.

A forward line of Walker, Lynch, McGovern, Fogarty, Betts has plenty of weapons with a bit more grunt and positional flexibility than previously.

An engine room of M Crouch, Gibbs, Sloane, B Crouch, Greenwood is highly competitive.

We just have to hope we can stay within striking distance of the top 4 during this poorly prepared early season phase.

Hamish's biggest stuff up so far, berry shouldve been a crow
Galluci was likely an example of the perfectly professional kid with the perfect family, ticked all the 'good citizen' boxes and Ogilvie obviously loved him for some reason.

Funny thing is we are crying out for a top shelf player of his variety who could easily claim the spot vacated by Cameron. In fact, no one on our list is closer to Cameron in terms of style (right down to the goalkicking), Galluci can also play more mid time.

We desperately need him to return our investment, starting with a big SANFL game this week and inclusion next week if Murphy does nothing.

Just nail it crows. A win here sets you up for a massive year, gets the mockers back in the box and makes everything bigger somehow. I’m hoping for a crows thumping the tigers. Will be huge. I hope some of your injured boys are back and in great form.

Should only be his 199th but Victorians had a cry that he was gonna miss a grandfinal even though he knocked out GWS best midfielder in the prelim.[/QUOT
Right now he's not on the same stratosphere. Ridiculous to think he's even close to Lynch right now. In the future maybe, but not right now.
You clearly didnt watch the prelim against GWS, Rioli really destroyed the GWS and kicked 4 goals effectively taking Richmond through to the grand final

Not wanting to get into a player debate but i dont believe there would be many people that would take Lynch ahead of Daniel Rioli

You clearly didnt watch the prelim against GWS, Rioli really destroyed the GWS and kicked 4 goals effectively taking Richmond through to the grand final

Not wanting to get into a player debate but i dont believe there would be many people that would take Lynch ahead of Daniel Rioli
One is 20 and the other is 27, the discussion isn't about who you'd take at your club for the future it's about who is the better player right now...

If Milera was only able to play half a SANFL practice game a week ago, how is he fit enough to play a full game of AFL.

He fills a massive need off HB, just hope he’s physically up to it.

Galluci was likely an example of the perfectly professional kid with the perfect family, ticked all the 'good citizen' boxes and Ogilvie obviously loved him for some reason.

Funny thing is we are crying out for a top shelf player of his variety who could easily claim the spot vacated by Cameron. In fact, no one on our list is closer to Cameron in terms of style (right down to the goalkicking), Galluci can also play more mid time.

We desperately need him to return our investment, starting with a big SANFL game this week and inclusion next week if Murphy does nothing.

No one has been able to explain why gallucci was picked ahead of berry tho.
Even Hamish hasn't.

Just seemed like an odd pick.

So if Richmond win and it is confirmed (in a totally impartial :rolleyes: FoxFooty poll) that their outs were more talented than our outs then they get 6 points for the win?

Does the 2017 Flag have it written on the back (But the Crows had Brodie Smith and Mitch McGovern missing and the Tigers were very, very lucky to have Cotchin)?

If Richmond lose it will have zero impact on their chances of winning the flag this year. It is more important for us because as Sydney showed last year, it takes too much out of a team if they get way behind in the win/loss ratio.

FWIW, mentioning that Brodie Smith is missing is about as relevent as pointing out that Lever, Cameron and Tony Modra will not be playing tomorrow night.

I reckon this is an impossible argument fellas, a team screaming out for a connection from back line to forward line would take Lynch and a team screaming out for forward pressure would take Rioli. For what it's worth I think in the context of tomorrow's match both of these outs are just as damaging as the other, we've both had to replace key players with raw first or second year players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They always do. Apparently Tex doesn’t stand up in big games because he, like many others, had a s**t GF. When I then posted video clips and game repairs showing him in the best players for several previous finals that didn’t seem to matter.
Because the discussion was about Tex not being able to put his body on the line and crash some packs to inspire his team mates. Your clips showed a player with no-one around him kicking some great passes, which was acknowledged, but you couldn't show him inspiring hsi team mates with some hard contested football??

Rioli not as good as lynch? Nah not for me, the fwd pressure alone he puts on is off the charts. Will be a star.
on past history he isnt but on future upside if you graph him upward he could easily surpass lynch this year and then be a much better player - very important player for richmond as he will improve a lot more than lynch who is at his max - which is quite an important player n the reason we lost last week

No one has been able to explain why gallucci was picked ahead of berry tho.
Even Hamish hasn't.

Just seemed like an odd pick.

That's because the explanation is Hamish thought Gallucci will be a better player then Berry.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I think last week just shows how important Tex and Lynch are to our structures. Our best big man and our best link man, were both missing. Having Tex back would be a huge significant plus. If he's on song, we rarely kick a low score. Tex is the forward that brings others into the game, so hoping to see Betts and McGovern fire up!
I'm just looking forward to us playing a game of respectability. We need to show we are hurt from last year and this is the perfect round to show some genuine emotion. A win/loss is a secondary objective, it's all about the hunger for the footy!

So once again a Richmond fan coming to the conclusion that a few finals games (or a Grand Final) makes one player better than another.

Great stuff.
I like the logic. Sure, Matthew Richardson kicked 800 goals in his career, but Shane Ellen kicked 5 in a grand final, which Richo never managed. Ergo, Shane Ellen is a better forward.

Tom Boyd played a blinder in the 2016 GF but Nick Riewoldt never performed to that level in his GF appearances. Therefore, Tom Boyd is a better player than Riewoldt.

Am I doing it right?

I like the logic. Sure, Matthew Richardson kicked 800 goals in his career, but Shane Ellen kicked 5 in a grand final, which Richo never managed. Ergo, Shane Ellen is a better forward.

Tom Boyd played a blinder in the 2016 GF but Nick Riewoldt never performed to that level in his GF appearances. Therefore, Tom Boyd is a better player than Riewoldt.

Am I doing it right?
Shane Ellen kicked 5 in the GF, and 3 were from running out from defense. Richardson never set foot in the defense. Therefore Ellen is a better forward than Richardson, who is a handy utility when put in defense!

Lol every club in the league would take Lynch over Rioli, even though it's not a fair comparison in terms of position.

I like Rioli but FMD, Lynch is highly rated by people that aren't flogs like BT.

Put it up for a poll on the main board and you may find consensus is that Rioli is the better player. No use biased Crows and Tiger fans debating the issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back