Preview Changes: R2 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I’m in bizarro world when there’s suggestions of dropping Borlase and keeping Burgess after that game.

Borlase can pinch hit in the ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If my Facebook feed is anything to go by, the most important changes you guys could hope for would be a change of umpires. Were they really that bad? 🤔

T'will be a good game. First time since 2018 watching the Cats vs. Crows at AO. I don't expect a win, but I'm expecting an amazing atmosphere.

Thought Borlase was ok (although he’s slow)

Out : Murphy
In : nank

Out :Burgess
In : Tex

Sub: smith
Yep forgot about Nank, we need to start investing games into him, he’s shown he can play at the level.

Who would we have preferred deep in defence that last qtr, Murphy or Nank?

Happy to make Smith sub as penance for his stupidity.

Out: Smith, Murphy, Gollant, Laird, Borlase
In: Nankervis, Solgio, Curtin, Walker, Keane

Sub: Laird

Half a dozen more extremely lucky to remain

Like the Ins, Laird as sub won't happen but I agree he should come out for team balance. He and Crouch shouldn't be playing in the same team.

Crouch is currently in much better form so Laird should be an out and let our plethora of youngsters have more midfield minutes. Its what an aggressive coach would look to do but of course we will take the AFC Conservative Approach.

Whilst I don't disagree on that watch that Burgess was pretty awful, we may as well have rocked up with one less player for the nothingness Gollant provided.
Oh I agree Gollant was s**t but he’s at least showed he can do ok in our side. I didn’t see a footballer at all in Burgess, unless he’s better in defence.

There’s a reason he couldn’t get games for the Gold Coast when they were s**t.

Like the Ins, Laird as sub won't happen but I agree he should come out for team balance. He and Crouch shouldn't be playing in the same team.

Crouch is currently in much better form so Laird should be an out and let our plethora of youngsters have more midfield minutes. Its what an aggressive coach would look to do but of course we will take the AFC Conservative Approach.

For a lot around here that's controversial but I've thought this for a long time.

We cannot handicap our midfield, stifle the development of our best draft picks and halt the rebuild by playing Laird and Crouch in the same team. Pick one, and clearly today Crouch was better

If my Facebook feed is anything to go by, the most important changes you guys could hope for would be a change of umpires. Were they really that bad? 🤔

T'will be a good game. First time since 2018 watching the Cats vs. Crows at AO. I don't expect a win, but I'm expecting an amazing atmosphere.
Not as bad as us

The umpires were fine. We were s**t/suns were better

Changes that probably will never happen:
In:
Keane Soligo Walker Curtin Nankervis

Out
Borlase Sholl Burgess Gollant Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back