Preview Changes: R2 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually think a Murray/Keane partnering would work better than Murray/Butts, Keane seems to provide more offensive drive
Butts is a better defender.

I personally like having two big guys down back.

Murray is pretty agile. At least before his knee he was, who knows now. Butts the rock.

Having said that Keane/Murray is not too bad either.

As long as we never ever go back to having a guy like Doedee play as a key defender.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

No surprise you didn't answer my question

As usual you offer nothing of value... as one of the worst posters on this board.
Your irrelevant question about Ned being a consistent sub?
No such set-up exists on any list for the sub to be a consistent type or designated player.
The choice of sub is based on many things.
I chose to ignore your question based on it being a dumb counter argument for you trying to justify Ned getting a game 😁
Clap clap clap .... clap.

You post a lot of good stuff mate, nothing personal towards Ned but he just isn't in a team thats winning us finals.

I would like to see us actually make changes to move us forward, with purpose.

Sholl for McHenry as an example - it's the same merry go round we've been on for the last 2 years.
Exactly, how many chances do these guys need to be given.
How about looking at the next batch of guys and giving them a run to see what they offer.
And not just the 1-2 games
Nankervis definately deserves a shot at it

Stats don't tell everything. Jones has a far harder edge than Sholl. Sholl's downfall is his lack of physicality.
I get that but if Sholl is doing more and better at everything else, at what stage does this Jones harder edge not mean as much?

Wings are generally running players with focus on metres gained, hard edge isn’t always a feature. Jones doesn’t play wing like a true wing but more another midfielder. We know Nicks likes this concept as he pushes up Murphy to be another mid around the contest. Is he doing this to make up for a weaker midfielder? If so at what cost?

I get that but if Sholl is doing more and better at everything else, at what stage does this Jones harder edge not mean as much?

Wings are generally running players with focus on metres gained, hard edge isn’t always a feature. Jones doesn’t play wing like a true wing but more another midfielder. We know Nicks likes this concept as he pushes up Murphy to be another mid around the contest. Is he doing this to make up for a weaker midfielder? If so at what cost?
Scholl directly cost us two goals.

Stats don't tell everything. Jones has a far harder edge than Sholl. Sholl's downfall is his lack of physicality.
One thing for Sholl is that at least he can find the ball, Jones couldn't get anywhere near it.
Jones improved last year but he needs to continue to improve to have a role in the team
He has lots of AFL traits but if he can't get the ball, none of them are worth it

One thing for Sholl is that at least he can find the ball, Jones couldn't get anywhere near it.
Jones improved last year but he needs to continue to improve to have a role in the team
He has lots of AFL traits but if he can't get the ball, none of them are worth it
Sholl has been the better of the two up to date this season

And so did Smith and Laird but not many are asking those guys to be dropped
maybe if someone else helped out in the back pocket when Sholl had the ball, he wouldn't have got pinged HTB.
I'm not a Sholl fan but there were plenty of other players last week that were worse than he was

Sholl had 3 score involvements, Jones 1.

Smith also cost us 2 goals.

Look I’m not saying Sholl is the answer but on current form he’s playing better than Jones. Jones is the better player so I understand them persisting but at some stage if Jones doesn’t get his pre-injury form back he might need some time in the SANFL. He sustained a pretty serious injury.

This is what frustrates me with Nicks, he likes these hard edged players that are dumb and cant find the footy or do much with it.
Especially on the wing, I would much prefer a smart footballer that can find it and use it even if they are an 'outside' player

This is what frustrates me with Nicks, he likes these hard edged players that are dumb and cant find the footy or do much with it.
Especially on the wing, I would much prefer a smart footballer that can find it and use it even if they are an 'outside' player
He really should be developing Nank in this role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tomorrow night is a night to be more critical than last week’s conditions

Structurally with Tex back, its almost as we were with Burgess filling the Thilthorpe role. On a dry cool night at home, I am expecting him to have a far better impact up there than he had last week and I think he can.

McHenry has to be the sub if not Murphy has to be. The other lads are too valuable to be stuck on the pine
Burgess was getting to marking contests quite well against GC, just wasn't conditions for marking. Play like that again and he should get more rewards this week.

If we are being honest Sholl was better than Jones and has been all preseason.

Sholl beat Jones in practically every stat including contested possessions.

Jones would want to start lifting, I’d be happy see Nank in his place until he gets his mojo back
I place Jones only slightly higher than Ned and Murphy. None of those 3 are in the best team.

Off to Tassie

Unfortunately the club is in a position where we need to choose between several very average footballers at selection time. I guess all clubs are in that position to some extent or another. With a diluted talent pool and salary cap, even premiership sides contain a couple of average players these days.

Did sholl deserve to be dropped over the likes of Smith and Murphy who had poorer games?

Nank or Cook surely is a better option than McHenry unless they are just gonna use him as the supersub and he'll only ever play as a sub

What I don't understand is that Sholl performed exactly as everyone would expect and gets dropped. What did the selectors expect? Surely they can't be that slow on the uptake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back