Preview Changes: R20 2019 v St Kilda: it's a SUSHI-PIZZA PARTY!!

How many changes do you think there will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

They said no-one would listen to SEN

source.gif

Not SEN Adelaide and only during the day after Leon Byrner is done. Then I’m back to AA.

Not me.

Haven't listened once.

Mind you I don't listen much to 5AA anymore either.

Quality of sports radio is crud these days.

Give me intelligent analysis over look at me sensationalist rubbish any day.
Same. Zero SEN, maybe 10 minutes 5AA

I choose podcasts now. Footyology, Age Real Footy, Trends, Sacked, Crowcast, Sensible Crows podcast.

Dermie was 100% right on 360. We've got good individual players, but we're so one dimensional in how we play and work it's easy to put plans in place and coach against us. That's probably amplified even more by Pyke's reluctance to make major changes during a game. We've been caught out massively since the bye round by teams adjusting to how we've played and the coaches box have zero idea on how to adjust from there.

Dermie was 100% right on 360. We've got good individual players, but we're so one dimensional in how we play and work it's easy to put plans in place and coach against us. That's probably amplified even more by Pyke's reluctance to make major changes during a game. We've been caught out massively since the bye round by teams adjusting to how we've played and the coaches box have zero idea on how to adjust from there.

For how long have I been posting that we make it easy to be coached against. 2 years?

We could have taken both butters and duursma as we had picks before ports 2nd and 3rd picks. Just have to be patient with jones and mchenry and hope they show the talent haggis saw in them
Like waiting for Gallucci and Poholke to become stars . picking Jones and particularly McHenry before others defies logic in current game.
McHenry could not handle bodies. of SANFL being so small and light with his main attribute being good tackler and many picked softer him preforming well in AFL.
Since Burton taken over Hamish dropped the ball badly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like waiting for Gallucci and Poholke to become stars . picking Jones and particularly McHenry before others defies logic in current game.
McHenry could not handle bodies. of SANFL being so small and light with his main attribute being good tackler and many picked softer him preforming well in AFL.
Since Burton taken over Hamish dropped the ball badly.
Ben Cousins was young and slight when he started playing. Pretty sure Malthouse started him on the bench every game in his first season and left him there until the initial heat in the contest had cooled down. Usually about the first 10-15 minutes of the game.

I think it's a horses for courses scenario. Some players will thrive, others need a bit more time.

Hard to say, but I'd imagine the opportunity to take up a key leadership role in a state he spent the majority of his childhood was a big drawcard.

I have no doubt he was given a significant pay increase too and that wouldn't made the decision easier.

Do I blame the club for him leaving ?? Nope not really. Unlike Gunston we did everything right with Davis, like Dangerfield.

Stop making excuses for the continual loss of talent from our club. There has been a one way door in talent leaving the club for the past decade, Dangerfield and Davis included.

Stop making excuses for the continual loss of talent from our club. There has been a one way door in talent leaving the club for the past decade, Dangerfield and Davis included.
Davis and Dangerfield had very little to do with the club, even Tippo. But yes Gunston, Lever, Cameron and very much Gov were club

Davis and Dangerfield had very little to do with the club, even Tippo. But yes Gunston, Lever, Cameron and very much Gov were club

What a load of bullshit, "very little to do with the club".

Tne onus is on our club to build an environment and culture where players want to stay - regardless of "home sickness" or more money etc.

It is 100% on us.

What a load of bulls**t, "very little to do with the club".

Tne onus is on our club to build an environment and culture where players want to stay - regardless of "home sickness" or more money etc.

It is 100% on us.
Dangerfield could have been anywhere and he'd have left, Davis was offered an unmatchable deal and the club did everything and then some to keep Tippo.

The others yep, the club failed them.

That's why we'll win I reckon

Suddenly things have opened up for the Saints. Ooooh! We could make the eight.

They aren't seasoned, successful pros. They'll succeed when they're underdogs with nothing to play for. Bottle it when they could achieve something.

We'll pull off an unimpressive 21 point win I reckon.
22 points

Ben Cousins was young and slight when he started playing. Pretty sure Malthouse started him on the bench every game in his first season and left him there until the initial heat in the contest had cooled down. Usually about the first 10-15 minutes of the game.

I think it's a horses for courses scenario. Some players will thrive, others need a bit more time.
Ben cousins was a freak are you suggesting mchenry will be the next Ben cousins

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ben cousins was a freak are you suggesting mchenry will be the next Ben cousins

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
No, nothing of the sort. I briefly mentioned how Malthouse managed a skinny little kid who was good enough to play in the firsts however wasn't as physically developed as most of the the players on the field.

Back