Preview Changes: R21 2019 vs West Coast

Changes for West Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s the club’s so arrogant they would never be shown to be wrong. For sometime now fans and the media have been talking about how old our team is and asking why we don’t play youth. So we bring more old hats. The more we ask question X the more they do Y.

How can player X keep getting a game, keep player X in, drop player Y....it’s a trend!!

Maybe we need to start reverse psychology

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Walker's finals record is unfortunately poor during the 15-17 period with the exception of the 15 EF (and perhaps the 16 EF but who cares).

He was very influential in finals before that though

He was pretty plainly injured in '17. You can pinpoint the precise moment his ankle / foot was stuffed vs Essendon.

He was pretty plainly injured in '17. You can pinpoint the precise moment his ankle / foot was stuffed vs Essendon.

Yeah so we either needed to rest him, or have tall forwards that weren't Jenkins and Otten

Yeah so we either needed to rest him, or have tall forwards that weren't Jenkins and Otten

Yep, don't disagree our selection was bad.

Just re: drawing a conclusion about him as a non-finals performer- I wouldnt.

OR

I could just be posting possible scenarios? Jesus, you people can’t be that thick can you? You miss every single one of my posts where I criticise the club but jump on me relentlessly if it even remotely looks like I’m supporting them. Let me reiterate here. When I post, I do lots of “what if” situations? What if this is why they do this? NOWHERE in that post have I supported the clubs decision. NOWHERE.

Just a coincidence that both your situations presented as a dichotomy painted the club as protecting the poor little kids from a large defeat, as if this was some horrible thing. Also the infantilizing you engage in is well established. I also wouldn't trust you to be an accurate judge of the amount criticism you dish out, especially when your criticism carries about as much force as a Rory Atkins tackle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O'Brien was in doubt with concussion early last week too. Played and didn't have a great game but has surely earned a pass or two.

Who came in for Jones/Gallucci when we also dropped them after getting concussed?

Whilst we carry Jacobs and co to 200 Hawthorn aren't even going to give Roughhead 1 farewell game. That is a ruthless club which we need to model ourselves on.
I still remember when everyone shiting the bed when Craig didn't promise Edwards a farewell game

There's a lot of Craig bashing here, and in some cases its warranted, but he was leading the competition with a lot of practice at the time

O'Brien was in doubt with concussion early last week too. Played and didn't have a great game but has surely earned a pass or two.

Who came in for Jones/Gallucci when we also dropped them after getting concussed?

Gallucci was dropped for Knight

Jones made way for Gibbs, and then second time around was dropped for Mackay

Is the Jacobs selection a cop out for our underperforming inside mids who can't buy a clearance ATM? Would be easy for then to blame ROB's ruckwork in their post game reviews.

In regards to ROB surely his 3 or 4 BOG's this year allowed him to be beaten by Marshall who is the best up and coming ruck In the league. 1 game. Out. Disgusting. Btw has Jacob's had 3 or 4 BOG's in his career?
Not sure if serious? Sauce was a great player in his prime and had lots more than 3 or 4 BOG's. I'm Pretty sure he has won 2 Showdown medals.

He is obviously way past it now and is ready to retire but no need to under sell his career.

I still remember when everyone s**ting the bed when Craig didn't promise Edwards a farewell game

There's a lot of Craig bashing here, and in some cases its warranted, but he was leading the competition with a lot of practice at the time

He revolutionized playing a genuine half back flanker on a superstar CHF in a final.

Funny .. in 1999 when it became apparent that Craig was instrumental in the strength and conditioning program (had sports science degree and was involved in success with the Olympic cycling team) I cannot remember anyone criticising him.

Anyway .. feel free to carry in being a flog .. kudos to you

We all know what happened. He wouldn't make it here now. But you and a lot of posters here behave like flogs on occasion

Funny .. in 1999 when it became apparent that Craig was instrumental in the strength and conditioning program (had sports science degree and was involved in success with the Olympic cycling team) I cannot remember anyone criticising him.

Anyway .. feel free to carry in being a flog .. kudos to you

We all know what happened. He wouldn't make it here now. But you and a lot of posters here behave like flogs on occasion

:)

Back