Preview Changes: R21 2019 vs West Coast

Changes for West Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

My reaction to our team selections this year.

source.gif

Look at the Gold Coast. Battered from pillar to post. Those kids will struggle to break free of that losing culture.
So we are better off playing experienced underperforming players because they are good at losing?

The best way of fixing a losing culture is dropping poor performing players, rather than having a culture of accepting mediocre performances.

Blight brought in young players regularly for pressure games & we went ok under him.

Carlton were s**t for how many years? Is that what you want for us? Brisbane been s**t since the mid 2000s

Edit. Let me just say I think we should have been playing the kids too for the better part of the season. The ongoing selection of Douglas and Mackay is bewildering. Having said that, I’m not convinced this is the right game to bring the kids in.
The sooner we bring in the kids, the sooner we develop our next group of players for a flag.

You learn more from hard times than easy times!

After having 2 coaches die, plus 2 unborn children of club leaders..... it would take huge amounts of resolve.
We can only imagine what this all did to our players, Tex and Rory in particular. It'd be easy for our players to adopt the view after experiencing something of the magnitude of those events, that football just isn't so important, and rightly so. I'd use it as a spur however, which after a while I think the players did, but the burden's quite possibly become overbearing.

We can only imagine what this all did to our players, Tex and Rory in particular. It'd be easy for our players to adopt the view after experiencing something of the magnitude of those events, that football just isn't so important, and rightly so. I'd use it as a spur however, which after a while I think the players did, but the burden's quite possibly become overbearing.

Getting blamed by the coaches for the GF disaster and then being sent off to Kamp Birdman has destroyed them.

Pyke and Burton are complete assholes.

Look at the Gold Coast. Battered from pillar to post. Those kids will struggle to break free of that losing culture.

Jenny we lose nothing playing Jones ahead of Douglas and Gallucci in DMac's role

I do wish Pyke was more like Clarkson

Clarkson knows when to stop playing players who will not be part of the next premiership assault and he starts to get games in what he calls his next generation group

Clarkson's main goal isn't about making the 8 this year, he is focused on winning another flag in the next 3 years, there is the difference

Also GoldCoast get battered because they have zero experience, Carlton also cut their list too thin, however if we did play the likes of Jones, Fog, Ned and Easy more regularly this season there is still a wealth of experience in out side to support this change

Unfortunately the strategy of going back to under-performing senior players has created a selection expectation amongst the senior players that experience comes before performance and this is why we are now seeing senior players get the sooks when they are eventually dropped

it has become a real issue that has been created by a risk adverse selection policy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton were s**t for how many years? Is that what you want for us? Brisbane been s**t since the mid 2000s

Edit. Let me just say I think we should have been playing the kids too for the better part of the season. The ongoing selection of Douglas and Mackay is bewildering. Having said that, I’m not convinced this is the right game to bring the kids in.
All the more reason they should still be s**t and players be scared.
Years upon years of shitness not just a season here or there.

Back