Preview Changes: R22 v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I swear we should move Luke Brown into the midfield.
He’s got serious wheels and can kick.
Why don’t we do it? We need pace, let someone else play his role.
Take the risk, he absolutely leaves people in their wake when he moves into 2nd gear. Saw it in the last quarter from half back.

Because he's our best small defender by a mile.

Who would play that lockdown role if you moved him up the ground?

I swear we should move Luke Brown into the midfield.
He’s got serious wheels and can kick.
Why don’t we do it? We need pace, let someone else play his role.
Take the risk, he absolutely leaves people in their wake when he moves into 2nd gear. Saw it in the last quarter from half back.
That's where he played for Norwood in his final year with us. Can play the role.

RORY ATKINS...

Is there a footballer in the modern game that has played so many absolutely s**thouse games in a row and not been dropped?

He is in atrocious form.. utterly ******* atrocious.. yet he gets a call up week after week after week.

What do the selectors see in him?..
Another game with 0 tackles. He is a pea heart.

Imo it will be 1 change with sloane out injured. Greenwood in.
Only other change might be otten out for seedsman to match up with collingwoods small forward line.
Fog is undroppable. Rob wont be back until next year.

What I would do...

Out: Otten, Knight, Jacobs, Douglas, Mackay, Atkins

In: Butts, Seedsman, O’Brien, Jones, Greenwood, Gallucci

(With Poholke on standby if Sloane isn’t right)

What will actually happen...

Out: Knight (or Sloane if injured)
In: Seedsman

It is an absolute ******* outrage that Andy Otten is getting a game. Complete and utter nonsense by the selection committee. No other club would believe their eyes to see he’s even still on an AFL list. Name me an AFL standard trait that he possesses. Completely uncompetitive out there today, with zero athleticism.

Watching Mackay trying to make a tackle stick on literally any AFL player is painful. “Oh look he got his arms free and laid off a clean handball”. Every single time.

Also, Jacobs falling asleep at the wheel in the 3rd quarter was basically the entire reason why West Coast kicked away from us during that period, so all the media fapping about how good he was can piss right off. He was average at best in the centre square. His around the ground stuff is terrible.

Thought Hartigan tried pretty hard to be honest. He’s had worse games.

The way the coaches are using Douglas defies belief. Has literally never played a semi-decent game in this role and never will.

Outside of 2 excellent field kicks, Atkins completely shat the bed again. Colour me shocked.

Knight is a list clogger. He was not our worst today but he adds very little to the side even on his better days.

Last edited:
We'll wimp out with the ruck situation and play both O'Brien and Jacobs.

Spin some crap about stretching their defence.

This is an ironclad guarantee.

Nah. We'll back in Jacobs to get him over the line to 200 games and he'll get smashed.

RORY ATKINS...

Is there a footballer in the modern game that has played so many absolutely s**thouse games in a row and not been dropped?

He is in atrocious form.. utterly ******* atrocious.. yet he gets a call up week after week after week.

What do the selectors see in him?..

In all seriousness I don't think I have ever seen an AFL player so unreliable with his hands when taking the lose ball. He looks like a school boy the way he fumbles and taps it on. It really kills momentum for the team going forward as he has three goes at collecting it.

In: Keath
Out: Otten

Realistically, doubt that the team changes much. Fingers crossed Keath is ready to go this week and hopefully Sloane gets up too. Do the coaching staff toy with bringing Jenkins back in as another big forward or Greenwood in a forward/midfield role at the expense of a small forward?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sometimes I'm just like, what's the point of this thread. You know they'll make minimal changes and say the team played well against a top two side, so they'll back them in again next week.

I also get the feeling that Keath's injury will keep him out for the rest of the year (assuming we don't make finals).

In: Jones, Seedsman, Stengle, Butts, ROB
Out: Douglas, Atkins, Betts, Hartigan, Jacobs

and Greenwood in for Sloane if his eye keeps him out.

Injuries: Walker

Team I would play which would never happen under Pyke

Brown Talia Kelly
Laird Keath (if fit) Milera
Seedsman Sloane Jones
Lynch Fogarty Gallucci
Stengle Himmelberg/Jenkins Betts

ROB MCrouch Smith

Greenwood BCrouch Hamill McAdam

This is the team Don should' have been developing this year which the coach next year will be developing (whoever that is.)

Out: Jacob's Atkins Hartigan Douglas Otten Murphy Gibbs Walker (inj) Knight Mackay

Last edited:
Out: Hartigan, Douglas & Mackay
In: Keath/Butts (if Keath not fit), Galluci & Seedsman

We absolutely have to get rid of Hartigan. He is costing us bigtime...

Knowing the coaches, I think we are a good chance of going unchanged if Sloane pulls up okay. We are that arrogant..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back