Preview Changes: R22 v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is Douglas and Mackay still on our list? Don needs to run Smiith, Brown, Gallucci and Jones through the midfield. Feel Doedee eventually can play mid as well. All have pace.
Who ******* knows... it’s actually become a sick joke... Douglas, Mackay and Atkins are all complete liabilities. The even sicker joke is Douglas and Mackay will get contract extensions... you *in watch... in without question round 1 next year.. and both Jones and McHenry will be in the sanfl with our pick 3 from this year.

Think i’m wrong?... remember Mackay missed most of the last pre-season and got called up straight into the side..just waltzed past about 5-6 other guys who had played well in the JLT games and had a full preseason and straight into the side no questions asked, no coming through the sanfl as soon as he was ready to go..

It’s dumbfounding how this s**t is still happening... it’s like in your younger days when you used to keep going back to that one past girlfriend because you thought “it’ll work out this time, she’s worth it”... only to realise after you slept with her again that you were actually thinking with the wrong “brain”..

OUR COACHING AND SELECTION STAFF ARE STUBBORN, ARSE BACKWARD *******S.

Plenty of options once again this week.

Players who some have argued should be dropped;
Hartigan, Otten, Mackay, Atkins, Jacobs, Gibbs, Douglas, Knight, Lynch, Betts, Murphy and that doesn’t count those calling for Tex to retire or the odd rabbit who wants the Crouches banished (haven’t heard much this week though).

Suggested ins include;
Keath, Butts, Hamill, Sholl, Poholke, Greenwood, Jones, Wilson, O’Brien, Davis, Stengle, McAdam, Himmelberg, Jenkins and Gallucci. Some are even calling for McHenry and CEY despite the fact that they’re injured.

It has never been less obvious who our current best 22 are. We either have incredible depth or a conga line of very ordinary players. I suspect option B.

So..... my guess is NO CHANGES

Hartigan, Otten, Mackay, Atkins, Jacobs, Gibbs, Douglas, Knight, Lynch, Betts, Murphy and that doesn’t count those calling for Tex to retire or the odd rabbit who wants the Crouches banished (haven’t heard much this week though).

Suggested ins include;
Keath, Butts, Hamill, Sholl, Poholke, Greenwood, Jones, Wilson, O’Brien, Davis, Stengle, McAdam, Himmelberg, Jenkins and Gallucci. Some are even calling for McHenry and CEY despite the fact that they’re injured.

It has never been less obvious who our current best 22 are. We either have incredible depth or a conga line of very ordinary players. I suspect option B.

In other words, you know there should be changes, but you are towing the club line... ;)

In other words, you know there should be changes, but you are towing the club line... ;)
I have been calling for the ordinary ageing players to be dropped all season. Strangely the selectors haven’t taken my advice.

What would I do?

Out-Jacobs; In-Rob
Last year Grundy had 33 disposals and 40 hitouts against Sauce, why should it be any different this year.

Out-Atkins; In-Jones
This may not improve our chances of a victory but it will help my blood pressure, I am ratted out.

Out-Gibbs; In-Poholke or Greenwood
Too many dumb mistakes by Bryce

Out-Otten; In-Keath
Rob has to ruck 90%+. We can ruck Eddie when Rob is off, it would be no worse than rucking Andy. Probably provides a lifeline for Hartigan.

If we swapped Hartigan, Mackay, Douglas, Knight and Betts for Himmelberg, Gallucci, Poholke, Stengle and Davis would be better or worse?

I have been calling for the ordinary ageing players to be dropped all season. Strangely the selectors haven’t taken my advice.

What would I do?

Out-Jacobs; In-Rob
Last year Grundy had 33 disposals and 40 hitouts against Sauce, why should it be any different this year.

Out-Atkins; In-Jones
This may not improve our chances of a victory but it will help my blood pressure, I am ratted out.

Out-Gibbs; In-Poholke or Greenwood
Too many dumb mistakes by Bryce

Out-Otten; In-Keath
Rob has to ruck 90%+. We can ruck Eddie when Rob is off, it would be no worse than rucking Andy. Probably provides a lifeline for Hartigan.

If we swapped Hartigan, Mackay, Douglas, Knight and Betts for Himmelberg, Gallucci, Poholke, Stengle and Davis would be better or worse?
Well we were certainly better for playing Fogarty don’t you think?

I would keep Atkins in over Douglas, Otten or Mackay any day.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was Atkins who laced out Fog for his first goal. He has an elite kick. Watch Clarkson turn him into another Hendo.

Our slow ball movement has killed Atkins. If we were moving it like 2017 he wouldn't have to worry about getting around anyone because he'd be 20 metres in the clear. If we had a coaching staff who knew how to use him, he'd be one of our more valuable players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was Atkins who laced out Fog for his first goal. He has an elite kick. Watch Clarkson turn him into another Hendo.

Our slow ball movement has killed Atkins. If we were moving it like 2017 he wouldn't have to worry about getting around anyone because he'd be 20 metres in the clear. If we had a coaching staff who knew how to use him, he'd be one of our more valuable players.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

In: ROB Greenwood Keath
Out: Jacobs Douglas Otten/Hartigan

Not sure what the balance of our backline needs to look like given the pies injury woes.

Jacobs was murdered around the ground by Tom Hickey who is bog average.
Appreciate Otten's cool head in defence, think he makes much better decisions than Harto but is as slow as 10 weeks.
Douglas had another poor game, particularly when selected for his offensive exploits and repeatedly turned the ball over.

Suggested ins include;

I love it when you are back Jack.........conga line, Ha Ha good one.....and a circular conga line to be sure.

As long as we can get the ball OUT to him in clear unchallenged space.

Jacobs is playing this week, Roo said he was excellent and will be hard to drop.

Given it’s his 200th he ain’t going anywhere so suggestions of him out is a complete waste of time.

How was he ‘excellent’?!

What a joke. He was ok.

We all knew the club were going to manufacture his 200th.

Must be dropped after that, then delisted...unless he’s willing to play forward pocket in the 2’s next year

Had has a deadset stinker of a season. Cost us goals regularly, offered little offensively with his ceiling cracking sky kicks.

Got coaches votes last week, but has been generally awful and playing on reputation only
He was never really a defender but an attacking HB.

Got to remember our success in 2017 came from winning the ball at HB via our true defenders then Laird and Smithers moving it forward. That area was our "midfield".

Since then opposition coaches have tightened up on that area for us, discounted the midfield and Laird is a virtual non entity.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jacobs is playing this week, Roo said he was excellent and will be hard to drop.

Given it’s his 200th he ain’t going anywhere so suggestions of him out is a complete waste of time.

Too late for ROB to tear up his contract?

Jacobs is back in to stay now. Got to laugh at the gullible fools who thought ROB was being rested.

Well we were certainly better for playing Fogarty don’t you think?
The glib answer is no, we lost with him in and we would have lost (by more) without him.

The writing was on the wall very early that we were not going to win the flag this year so more games to Rob, Fog, Jones, McHenry, Poholke, Davis, Himmelberg, Gallucci, Stengle and less games to Jacobs, Jenkins, Douglas, Mackay, Gibbs, Hartigan, Otten and Betts would have been a good idea.

If the club had identified that we were on the slide then giving so many games to players who will not be around when we next challenge for the flag makes no sense. When we were 8-5 and had every chance to make the top four this wasn’t quite so obvious.

Then we have a group of younger players who have been ordinary this year like Atkins, Seedsman, Greenwood, Knight and some (not me) have suggested Murphy who have played plenty of games without having a regular impact on our chances of winning.

I have said that I really like the look of Butts, Sholl, Hamill and McAdam but I suspect they are not ready for the AFL. I will be delighted if any of them get a game this year and prove me wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back