Preview Changes: R22 vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at it this way.

You have two twin sons.

One heavily ******ed, the other highly intelligent.

The ******ed one shits his pants in public. You don't chastise him. You clean it up and move on.

If the highly intelligent one shits his pants, you would tell him off. Because he knows better.

That kid is held to a higher standard, because of his intelligence/skill level.

Long term Rachele will be fine.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Who’s the other twin sons?

Not on current form though.
Murphy has gone missing twice in crucial games this year - 4 disposals vs Essendon and 7 disposals against Collingwood which were only 2 games apart. He also goes goalless regularly as a small forward we need to get games into future players.

It is sad but also a shame they had to pass their apricot genes on to the next gen
Thats the good thing about Port supporters having bandwagon supporter base that jump on and appear only when they are winning, there is always a new generation every few years.

Look at it this way.

You have two twin sons.

The ******ed one shits his pants in public. You don't chastise him. You clean it up and move on.

If the highly intelligent one shits his pants, you would tell him off. Because he knows better.

Is the point of your analogy that we shouldn't punish you for posting such inane tripe?

If you have one son with an aptitude and one without, and you have to choose one of them to perform at high stakes you're not choosing the idiot no matter how far you've lowered the bar for him.

Jesus.

Is the point of your analogy that we shouldn't punish you for posting such inane tripe?

If you have one son with an aptitude and one without, and you have to choose one of them to perform at high stakes you're not choosing the idiot no matter how far you've lowered the bar for him.

Jesus.
The idiot's feelings may get hurt though, just saying for a friend. :$

Look at it this way.

You have two twin sons.

Confused Jersey Shore GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

Perhaps, but what message does it send to our younger brigade when they are omitted for poor performances when senior players aren’t?
I don’t think it’s much to ask for consistency
We value experience. Always have

I asked one of the coaches tonight how Mackay keeps getting games.

He does lots of good things you may not notice that don't show up on the stat sheet.

What are they? Why don't they earn him any B&F votes?

We don't notice them either.

Then how do you know he's doing them?

He's played nearly 200 games. You don't play that much footy without learning a thing or two about how to play the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps, but what message does it send to our younger brigade when they are omitted for poor performances when senior players aren’t?

He has had 9 and 7 touches in his last two games. I wouldn’t have dropped but can understand why they did. Murphy the only experienced player who has played two games like that this year - and not back to back. Murphy does also bring effort even when playing poorly.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Has all the ingredients of a Vic Club ready to poach him over the trade period.

FO. What rubbish. If the kid gets dropped after playing a couple of stinkers then let him go. Not too many players aren’t dropped at some stage in their first 50 games and he has been really really poor

He has had 9 and 7 touches in his last two games. I wouldn’t have dropped but can understand why they did. Murphy the only experienced player who has played two games like that this year - and not back to back. Murphy does also bring effort even when playing poorly.

So does my dog when he’s lost his tennis ball

Nicksy just can't resist getting Sloane back in the starting 22, even after seeing how well it works without him.

I think this will be what happens:
  1. Sloane on the wing isn't quick enough to get into the right positions to receive the ball from Crouch or if he does receive it he just dump kicks around the corner into the oppositions arms.
  2. So Crouch has to go backwards/sideways or gets caught with the ball trying to find someone.
  3. Crouch doesn't look as good/has a bad game.
  4. We can't start Laird, Crouch, Sloane & Keays in the same team - Crouch gets dropped "he came back into the side well, but his form has dropped off"
  5. Sloane returns to his rightful place as full time mid.
  6. Nicks and Rory are happy again - Yippee
  7. New contract boys!!
Happy Clappers before next season "Oh, he'll only play if we have a bad run with injuries, he definitely won't play midfield" - does this sound familiar?

Contracts are meaningless in the sense that players walk can and do all the time. Even if contracted.

This makes 0 sense, a contracted player who wants to leave requires a trade to be made. You cant just 'walk'.... Much less a player who is contracted for the next 6 years, Rachele would have 0 leverage in this situation.

With Sloane remaining in the team, the optimistic part of me is holding out hope that it is only because he is about to announce that he is retiring at the end of the year and they want to see him go out with a bang and they want to celebrate him over the next few weeks.

The realistic part of me then thinks that they have kept him in the side as they are about to announce him signing on again for next year.

Sloane in is all too predictable after all the puff pieces about his re-signing this week, I fear picking a team most conducive to winning might be second priority from here on out, first priority being making sure Rory is given every opportunity possible to ““justify”” another contract. The head honchos at this club never learn and our talented youngins pay for it

Or perhaps they’re playing chess and selecting him knowing he’ll produce an absolute stinker when our season’s on the line so they have no choice but to refute his contract wishes because they’re too spineless to do it now… as if that GWS game at home wasn’t proof enough. I can envision the next couple of weeks being beyond infuriating, imagine Sloane on a wing in the Sydney game playing on Gulden hahaha

Is it too premature to play Nank on a wing for a bit, does he have any experience there? Cook is a wingman, whyyyy do they continue to shaft him???

Jesus.
In life some people have higher standards set for them as a pass mark based on aptitude.

My example was crude, but that is the point.

Rachele's standards are higher than Murphy.

Have no issue with a potential star player being dropped after such a poor game.

Listening to SEN today they were interpreting Adam Kelly’s interview as Sloane retiring.
I reckon it sounded anything but that.
Pressed him as much as you could praise anyone.
just listened. tend to agree no reason to think Sloane wont be playing again based on Kellys words.

The other take out thought was I would be betting we use one of our second rounders on a KPD based on what he said. And thats consistent with Nicks comments re Borlase yesterday.

Plenty of young players playing and their form being ridden out

Who are we speaking about specifically re senior ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back