Preview Changes: R22 vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

People are presuming it’s better for Rachele personally to play him full game

Maybe it’s actually not

Eerily similar year for him as last year , electric early then a real struggle late to perform at a minimum level
Alright.. lets say you are correct and they are thinking “lets make him sub not play him for a full game cause he’s tiring at the back end of the season”

so why then make him sub?

start him on the ground and sub him out when he starts to show signs of tiring.

then sub Sloane on who’s pretty much shown all year that he has mostly performed in the last quarters when the rest of the “field“ has slowed down to his current maximum speed..

the club once again has it arse about face.

edit: and adding to this.. it also means there absolutely no way sloane will be subbed out during the game.. it’ll be someone like Soligo that’ll make way..

Last edited:
He has had 9 and 7 touches in his last two games. I wouldn’t have dropped but can understand why they did. Murphy the only experienced player who has played two games like that this year - and not back to back. Murphy does also bring effort even when playing poorly.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If Sloane had played two $hite games in a row like Rachele the normal Axis brigade would be all over him. We all love Josh but he is horribly out of form. Lets hope he finds it - and soon. But based on performance - which has been shocking for weeks now and no better after a 2 week break - no seriously logical person could argue he deserves his spot this week

Alright.. lets say you are correct and they are thinking “lets make him sub not play him for a full game cause he’s tiring at the back end of the season”

start him on the ground and sub him out when he starts to show signs of tiring.

then sub Sloane on who’s pretty much shown all year that he has mostly performed in the last quarters when the rest of the “field“ has slowed down to his current maximum speed..

the club once again has it arse about face.
Because starting on the ground clearly hasn’t been working for him so they’re changing it up I guess

Rachele omitted after two weeks off for suspension feels very much McAdam missing the first half the season. And if he ends up as sub he'll play 1.5 games in 4 weeks.
This might work as an argument if McAdam didn’t also miss 5-6 weeks with a hip flexor injury

How many sanfl games did McAdam play ? 4 ?

No-one's confirmed Rachele is the SUB ......it seems inconceivable to play an out of form player as a "tactical" sub

I'm sure, if Rachele's thinking is he's an automatic selection ....then this is the kick in the pants he needs ....play SANFL and come back in next week

I think we'll go back to Ned as the SUB

This makes 0 sense, a contracted player who wants to leave requires a trade to be made. You cant just 'walk'.... Much less a player who is contracted for the next 6 years, Rachele would have 0 leverage in this situation.
Im not even remotely saying he is going as it was said in jest, but dont say a contract means something, when players break contracts all the time. That makes ZERO SENSE.

No-one's confirmed Rachele is the SUB ......it seems inconceivable to play an out of form player as a "tactical" sub

I'm sure, if Rachele's thinking is he's an automatic selection ....then this is the kick in the pants he needs ....play SANFL and come back in next week

No way should we have Ned, Murphy, Sloane, and Keays in the same lineup

Straight of the club website..

“Josh Rachele comes out of the starting 22, with Kelly confirming he would be the substitute.

“With Luke coming back into the line up, Josh Rachele will be sub this week,” he said.“

“Josh Rachele comes out of the starting 22, with Kelly confirming he would be the substitute.

“With Luke coming back into the line up, Josh Rachele will be sub this week,” he said.“
Makes no sense ....Rachele couldn't impact the game last week, when he was fresh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at it this way.

You have two twin sons.

One heavily ******ed, the other highly intelligent.

The ******ed one shits his pants in public. You don't chastise him. You clean it up and move on.

If the highly intelligent one shits his pants, you would tell him off. Because he knows better.

That kid is held to a higher standard, because of his intelligence/skill level.

Long term Rachele will be fine.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So the two you're comparing here is Rachelle and Keays?

Your icon shows Keays missing a pass to Rachele who would have gone on and kicked the goal. Had the hack made the pass and subsequently Josh being able to finish anything could have happened including a Crows win and a lift in Josh’s confidence. Instead we persist with spuds over talent.

Seems an odd time to be trying to teach Rachele a lesson

Surely we've just got to pick our best team

Lesson for Rachele... we're thinking long term here. Also us: Sloane in.

Seems an odd time to be trying to teach Rachele a lesson

Surely we've just got to pick our best team

Lesson for Rachele... we're thinking long term here. Also us: Sloane in.
Wouldn’t think we are teaching him a lesson … if so I’d doubt he’d be sub

Just the obvious one to come out on form since before the bye , the freshen up didn’t seem to do much for his intensity and touch

So maybe some sort of circuit breaker or something different for him in terms of role given it’s 2 years of largely no form in second half of year , and quite electric in first half of seasons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back