Preview Changes: R22 vs North Melbourne, Saturday August 13, 1.40pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

huludicidal

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Roos don’t have an overly tall forward line. I’m going with…

Out: Hamill (inj), Butts (reverse Coleman leader)
In: Doedee, Taylor

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Sholl deserves a game on the wing and push a Hinge or Jones back to cover Hamill.

It'll be interesting to see if they keep Himmelburg in. Would be tough to drop him.

Hamill out for Taylor
Himmelberg out for Thilthorpe
McHenry out for Rachele.

I don't care what Rachele and Thilthorpe did today, doesn't look great stat wise, but they are AFL players.

Taylor also needs to play

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rachele got injured in the second quarter, so I don't think that's going to be wise.

Mar 3, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Liked big easy at the end but I still drop him for TT.

Taylor in for Hamill.

I also didn't mind Davis today but if, as we all suspect, he is the sub because his papers are stamped then I'd like to see McAsey in that role next week. His papers appear also stamped so we may as well throw him one more half chance. He's been able to find the goals in the 2s on occasion let's see what he has got one last time this time up front.

He also has the (nominal) versatility you'd like in a sub being able to "play" both ends of the ground.

Oh and * Smith. Been average all year relying on metres gained. Totally anonymous today. Bring Rachele in for him and shuffle the magnets.

any word on Rachele’s leg injury from the SANFL.. i only watche the first half before switching over to the afl game..

did it look bad?..

changes

who are we kidding as if we are gonna make unforced changes.

would love taylor in for the concussed Hamil.

Injured it in the first half. That said, it might just be precautionary considering the stream didn't pick up that he was hobbling off.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Lots of players played well in the SANFL by the looks.

Need to get Taylor and Thilthorpe in the side. None of this unchanged rubbish
Thilthorpe wasn't one of them, other than several contested marks against smaller opponents he was pretty average.'If he does come in it won't be based on today's game.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
He wasn’t that good, but was stiff to go out. Thought ROB was critical in the 2nd half today, took a few big marks and laid important tackles. Unfortunately, it’s hard to have confidence that he will be able to back up that performance.
He literally had Murphy like numbers for a ruckman (double the score involvments) and you’re saying he wasn’t much good and Murphy’s had his best game for the club?

huludicidal

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Thilthorpe (played poorly, combined with Himmelberg having a strong 2nd half) and Rachele (injured) are not playing against the Roos. Deal with it.

Can’t see Murphy (strong game) or McHenry (didn’t play well overall but did kick 2 goals) getting dropped.

Hinge was another who was on the edge prior to today but he nailed his spot down with probably his best AFL game so far.

Hamill goes out with concussion.

Schoenberg, Parnell and Butts are probably the only ones in the gun to get dropped.

I’d say Doedee in and Hamill out is the one certain change.

Sholl and Taylor are really the only other two with any hope of coming into the 22. Maybe we drop Butts or Schoenberg to make that happen, maybe we don’t.

Side note: if Smith hadn’t been everywhere against Carlton, he would absolutely be in the gun after his disappearing act today. His fast regression has been hugely disappointing.

Back