Preview Changes: R22 vs North Melbourne, Saturday August 13, 1.40pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

That'll last 5 minutes
Amazing effort by Cunnington, but after 1 week in the VFL, you'd question his match fitness

Yeah, I am surprised by the move, he is way off being match fit. Took about 3 months of playing after his first cancer treatment to get back to his normal form.

Yeah, I am surprised by the move, he is way off being match fit. Took about 3 months of playing after his first cancer treatment to get back to his normal form.

Likewise, surely you roll him out to drum up a feel good story (and to try to get a bigger crowd) for a round 23 home game, not for a matchup (Adel/PA at AO) that's been historically awful for North.

Unless Cunnington really hates the spotlight.

Likewise, surely you roll him out to drum up a feel good story (and to try to get a bigger crowd) for a round 23 home game, not for a matchup (Adel/PA at AO) that's been historically awful for North.

Unless Cunnington really hates the spotlight.

The cynic in me believes that GC are a bit hit or miss and pumping up the team short-term might make us lose pick 1 as I don't see the Eagles winning any of their last two games. I don't think anything is going to likely cause an upset this week, we have a hard time winning in Adelaide at the best of times.

I don't really think pick 1 vs 2 is worth doing any shenanigans but who knows, might be a logical reason for the move.

they have already said he pulled up sore and will play vfl if at all.
Leigh Adams (North Caretaker Coach) was interviewed on SEN this morning and he said Cunnington will play this week

Amazing what he has gone through this year, huge achievement to come back and play a game this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take one quarter out and it’s been four very good weeks.
I think we have been decent for most of the season, we just always have an absolutely horrible quarter and let a team pile on 6-8 goals without answer (Sydney, Hawks, Melbourne, Brisbane), while winning or breaking even in the other 3. Or don’t take our chances in front of goal in a game we dominate general play (Saints). Lost 3 games by less than 6 points (Freo, Essendon, Pies), all are games that we had opportunities to kill the game earlier and win by 2-3 goals. The only games I thought we truly didn’t turn up all game were Collingwood and Giants in first half of the year.

It’s an almost season, but definitely progress on last year and is setting up for a finals push even as early as next year, especially with Rankine added to the mix.

You don't think Thilthorpe for Himmelberg will happen ? ......it should !
As I said earlier in the week, I'd be dropping Schoenberg who has not fired a shot all year.

Thilthorpe I'd just write this year off for him and put him on ice.

Both of these lads need a good preseason and will hopefully get back to their 2021 levels (or better) next year.

As I said earlier in the week, I'd be dropping Schoenberg who has not fired a shot all year.

Both of these lads need a good preseason and will hopefully get back to their 2021 levels (or better) next year.
I thought Schoenberg showed signs on the weekend ......my view is, play them if available

Unless you want to give a "taster" to a player .....

Schoey has been very good the last little patch. Numbers aren’t as high as last year but his TOG is very low which is important to remember.

TT has had a strong second half of the season and was dominant before his recent injury, get him in.

We couldn't possibly improve the team then!

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m not saying that, I think if Doedee was as banged up as they said then I’d put him on ice for the season, and give Taylor or Sholl a couple games. TT in for Berg is a no brainer.

But I don’t think it’s a good idea to make wholesale changes when the side is performing well. Even McHenry who I think has needed to be dropped for Newchurch or someone else at multiple points, has actually had two very good games.

As an outsider, it genuinely seems like the young players are all happy here and enjoying playing together.

I’m sure will still lose some for money/go home reasons but I don’t foresee us having a mass exodus like we used to.
I've said before, I think the difference is now we've got a predominantly young group, it's a more enjoyable environment for the young guys just from a pure numbers perspective you've got more people to relate to and get along with, so there's less desire to go back home.

Previously with a more mature list you've basically got a few younger guys on the outer surrounded by older guys who have their already formed friendship groups, or families that take priority and it's more difficult to be in a new situation with only a few guys your age to relate to and be friends with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back